Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unsettling Images

Started by Alberon, October 28, 2015, 10:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

It's nearly time for the annual celebration of Satan and all things evil, or dressing up as Iggle Piggle and demanding sweets from your neighbours. Or both. You can do both.

Anyway, I think it's time for another collection of unsettling, creepy and just damned odd images from the web.

And, of course, the old standby - vintage photos.

So what can you find?

BlodwynPig

Kane Jones

^ Have you been confusing 'unsettling' with 'wonderful' again, Nev?

Bhazor

I don't know, the thought that not even a plane crash can kill Nigel Farage is pretty unsettling.

Fucking cunterminator

QDRPHNC

Birdie

DukeDeMondo

Hangin ghost. Fuckin hangin, man.

Back when your ma used to hide behind a sheet or a chair or whatever to keep you still as you were gettin your photo took in Victorian days.

Weddin an that, fair enough, who's them creepy cunts on the balcony over on the right there?

DukeDeMondo

Fuckin Christ Nagsworth that last picture curdled my bones. Fuckin hell.

BlodwynPig

Nags - I don't  think some of those are fake?

Probably need to warn people - or context.

PAGATRON

Does anyone remember the Channel 4 ident in the late 80's with the head popping in and out of the static tv screen?
Can't find it on YT.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 29, 2015, 01:58:08 PM
Nags - I don't  think some of those are fake?

Probably need to warn people - or context.

Oh, really? I had no idea, I was just bored and rummaging around those "creepy" sites, plucking the nastiest ones out. (This is what happens when facebook suspend your account pending proper identification, ffs) I guess I should have done my research! Although, there's nowt about not posting "real" stuff here and the stuff I posted doesn't seem to have enough context behind it to be deemed "too real", if you know what I mean. Still, if anyone knows more about what I posted I'd be happy to remove the offending content.

Oh, and one just for you, Blodders! ;-)

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 29, 2015, 02:30:24 PM
Although, there's nowt about not posting "real" stuff here and the stuff I posted doesn't seem to have enough context behind it to be deemed "too real", if you know what I mean.

Yeah, the thread is called Unsettling Images and those are certainly fuckin unsettlin. I kind of wish I'd never seen that last one (last of your original bunch I mean), but then I did save it, so whatever. I'm never gon' sleep again, mind. 

QDRPHNC

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 29, 2015, 02:52:46 PM
Muh?

There's a perfectly sensible explanation, but I choose to ignore it.

alan nagsworth

Here's a higher res for ya.

what the fuck man

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 29, 2015, 02:59:45 PM

what the fuck man

need more high res...

From nagsworth's pics:

1. A visualization of sleep paralysis, apparently. I don't know where the original image comes from.

2. According to a user on imgur: "I actually found the backstory on /x/, apparently some old punk band was trying to shoot a video with what little money they had or something. http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/morbid-channel/What+the+fuck+is+going+on+here/iMoyGvZ."

3. From an actual crime scene: "The photos were taken from the 'Photographic Atlas of Forensic Medicine,' edited by Weimann & Prokopp, from Germany in the late '50s. Supposedly the mother was a poor criminal of some sorts, she found out she was pregnant with her 4th child, so killed her existing 3 children." Here's a link to the book: http://www.achtung.photography/waldemar-weimann-otto-prokop-editors-atlas-der-gerichtlichen-medizin-atlas-of-forensic-medicine-1963/.

QuoteThis massive volume was published with the intention of supporting medical jurisprudence and the Criminal Investigation Department. The authors, Dr. Herman Waldemar Weimann and Dr. Otto Prokop, viewed literally thousands of forensic photographs, selecting about two thousand of them for this publication. Most of the black and white images throughout the 836 pages are from the 1930s. Some were actually taken by the authors themselves. Even the briefest of glimpses through this book (and for most people that is probably more than enough!) puts one in mind of the art of Joel-Peter Witkin, the Vienna Actionists, Francis Bacon, and even Jenny Saville. One certainly can't help but wonder if it was viewed more as a creative, or even sensationalist, work, rather than as a genuine scientific tome used by criminal investigators. The chapters read like a list of heinousness and the photographs boldly live up to all expectations.

4. Reddit users say this comes from a movie called Revelation (2001): https://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/1mlee2/cult_ritual_taken_in_1992/. This website contains a couple of stills from the movie, including the one nagsworth posted: http://www.mondo-gore.com/revlation.html.

5. This is taken from a short horror film called Bedfellows (2008).

6. Not a clue. There's a thread on Snopes about it: http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=13824. They're undecided.

Crabwalk

what the fuck man

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO LOOK, IT'S DRIVING ME POTTY

what the fuck man

The hooded figures are clothed mannequins that were made to look like "dunces." They were part of an art installation by Dawn DeDeaux - exhibited at the Old Brulatour Mansion Courtyard in New Orleans - entitled "The Goddess Fortuna and Her Dunces (In An Effort To Make Sense of it All)."

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270893339640514.63274.206958339367348&type=1

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Madam Sexchrist on October 29, 2015, 05:57:31 PM
sleuthing

Oof, cheers for the info! Unfortunately I can no longer edit my post so it looks like we're stuck with that actual photo of three dead kids now. Unsettling to the extreme. Sorry, dudes :-/

Quote from: Alberon on October 28, 2015, 10:53:13 AMAnd, of course, the old standby - vintage photos.

That's pretty unsettling, but that pales into insignificance when you remember that the Lloyd-Webber brothers grew all the more hideous as they got older.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 29, 2015, 06:38:10 PM
Oof, cheers for the info! Unfortunately I can no longer edit my post so it looks like we're stuck with that actual photo of three dead kids now. Unsettling to the extreme. Sorry, dudes :-/

Thanks for those

Quote from: PAGATRON on October 29, 2015, 02:02:59 PM
Does anyone remember the Channel 4 ident in the late 80's with the head popping in and out of the static tv screen?
Can't find it on YT.

Have you already tried looking here?

http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/channel4/1982.html

Quote from: Madam Sexchrist on October 29, 2015, 05:57:31 PM
From nagsworth's pics:

1. A visualization of sleep paralysis, apparently. I don't know where the original image comes from.

Found it (thanks, once again, to Reddit). The original image comes from a British television play called Penda's Fen (1974), which was transmitted as part of the BBC's 'Play for Today' series.

'Penda's Fen' directed by Alan Clarke & written by David Rudkin (skip to approx. 0:30:35)

thraxx

Quote from: thraxx on October 29, 2015, 08:50:01 PM
Where is this one from.

A short 3-minute horror film, from 2008, called Bedfellows.