Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Star Trek TV series

Started by Deanjam, November 02, 2015, 04:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Little bit nervous at the comment about him not being the Jean-Luc we know.  Please no alt universe or mirror universe crap.  Or some depressing "dementia still exists and it happened to your favourite captain" story, there's Eastenders for all that. 
Just basically "please don't ruin him"!  But I like to believe that he's the kind of guy who wouldn't act in something he doesn't believe in (unlike the Shat) so fingers crossed...

Bad Ambassador

I assumed it was just 'don't assume that he's been trapped in amber the last 20 years - he'll have changed in the intervening time'. Which seems pretty reasonable, but that's what they did to Luke Skywalker and some people had a problem.

Shaky

Quote from: Cloud on August 06, 2018, 03:50:36 PM
But I like to believe that he's the kind of guy who wouldn't act in something he doesn't believe in (unlike the Shat) so fingers crossed...

Ahem *Nemesis*

As others have pointed out, to be fair, Stewart's had a consistently interesting run since 2002 and acted in some varied stuff so I'm sure his head's in a more discerning place.

Malcy

Ethan Peck is playing Spock.

https://www.empireonline.com/people/alex-kurtzman/star-trek-discovery-ethan-peck-play-spock/

Don't know him. Gregory Peck's grandson.

Apparently Star Trek:Reliant & Star Trek: Destiny have been registered as series. Pinch of salt and all that.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/news/a863890/have-new-star-trek-tv-series-titles-been-revealed/

mothman

My goodness, if they did adapt the Destiny novels... fuck. I don't bother with Trek fiction, but even I've read these. May even have alluded to them in this thread, in fact. With the range of storylines in there, it'd be as close as you could get to a Trek equivalent to Game of Thrones. It's almost utterly unlikely that's what they have in mind, though.

Malcy

Quote from: mothman on August 14, 2018, 11:14:50 PM
My goodness, if they did adapt the Destiny novels... fuck. I don't bother with Trek fiction, but even I've read these. May even have alluded to them in this thread, in fact. With the range of storylines in there, it'd be as close as you could get to a Trek equivalent to Game of Thrones. It's almost utterly unlikely that's what they have in mind, though.

I read a bit of the first one and didn't go back to it. No reason not to, I just didn't get round to it. I'm aware of what they're about though. Would be good to see it on-screen.

If Reliant is about the WOK ship then I wonder if we will get a recast Chekov. Thing is, I'm not sure which of the series that could be. Can't be Meyer's Khan series surely. The Reliant didn't encounter Khan till after the time that series will be set.  Could it be the training ship used by members of the academy series? I don't know. It's going to be a long wait for all these series.

Phil_A

Quote from: mothman on August 14, 2018, 11:14:50 PM

They should adapt the ghost-written Shatner novels were Kirk and Picard team up to take down the Borg.

monolith

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on August 06, 2018, 03:59:29 PM
I assumed it was just 'don't assume that he's been trapped in amber the last 20 years - he'll have changed in the intervening time'. Which seems pretty reasonable, but that's what they did to Luke Skywalker and some people had a problem.
As long as he isn't milking the tit of a disgusting alien whilst the alien gives a "Ooo, that's nice, I'm going to come" sort of look.