Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forsyth in 'cards right' horror.

Started by Glebe, November 07, 2015, 12:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Mere weeks after breaking his leg or something, National Legend Bruce Forsyth has had another upset, this time involving a fellow British Treasure.

"I was back at the Beeb the other morn, filming a little thing for Strictly after breaking my leg or something," says the immortal humanoid, over the phone from his Frinton-on-Sea manse. "Lunch was called and I found myself in the canteen with David Jason, who was filming Still The Royal Bodyguard or something. Anyway, Jason challenged me to a hand of poker, and that's when the trouble started."

A crowd gathered, encouraging Brucie to bid 'higher!' and 'lower!' "There was over a grand in the pot, and I had four kings up my sleeve!" beams Brucie. "And as it turned out, Jason only had a miserable pair of aces! 'You don't get nothing for a pair in this game!' I quipped, but my joy was short lived. He had a pair of aces... and another pair of aces! Four bloody aces! I ain't never seen it before! I knew Jason had something up his sleeve!"

Is Forsyth bitter in defeat? "Well, perhaps just a bit... but still, didn't he do well?"