Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Town of Salem

Started by hpmons, November 08, 2015, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpmons

I lured gout_pony into it, I shall lure the rest of you!

If you've ever played Werewolf or Mafia or other variants, its basically an online version of that. Some people are townsfolk with various powers (can investigate at night, can protect other townies, can heal, etc), others are baddies who kill. A few neutrals thrown in to confuse things. You win if all the goodies/baddies are dead.

Being online and timed means there isn't a great deal of careful thought in accusations, but it can still be tense and exciting! My favorite role by far is Jester - you try to get hanged by the town, usually by making an accusation that is just suspicious enough to be unbelievable, but not an obvious jester. You still have to live with occasional game-throwers and spammers, but that doesn't happen in ranked games.

The custom games allow for plenty of variety, and I haven't tired of it yet! A good game to be playing alongside doing something else, as the timer can make the game drag in the early stages.