Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limitless the TV Show (CBS)

Started by Steven, November 11, 2015, 01:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Been watching this since the pilot, I assumed it would be an awful re-treading of the Bradley Cooper film held together with bobby-pins, and it kinda was, but they came up with a decent enough excuse as to why a dead-beat would be working for the FBI as a consultant using an experimental drug, rather than giving the pill to someone already smart with some guff about an injection which makes him invulnerable to the debilitating effects of the drug.

Bradley Cooper turns up occasionally as the political mysterious benefactor. I like it enough, that it has some nice action sequences and logic problems, and twists to keep the thing going, but is very much.. story of the week fare. I'm sure they'll get into some longer narratives at some point, but it's been entertaining enough just getting up off the ground. Basically, it's that entire everyman living vicariously thing of what if you could take a pill that would make you much smarter that the film poses.. but managed to constrain it using the FBI and benefactor components to your average crime-fighting type stuff.

Oh and Dexter's sister is in it, the one with the crinkled Sofia Coppola mouth, I like her.

Ambient Sheep

Bump just to say that I've started to catch up with this myself - reason it took so long is that I wanted to see the film first before I started on the TV series, which has been clogging up my PVR since February.

I actually didn't like the film that much, for reasons that I can't quite put my finger on; more a gut feeling than (mostly) any cerebral complaint about it.  It was nearly really good but somehow didn't quite hit the mark for me.  Maybe it was just too suspenseful when I was in a rather delicate frame of mind, although more objectively there were also rather too many "Duh, why didn't he/they do...?" moments.  (It seems other Verbwhores liked it even less than I did, see here and especially here.)

However, having watched the first two episodes of the TV series, I'm really enjoying it, and looking forward to catching up with the rest.  Good, fun, light-hearted escapist stuff.

Pity -- at least from where I'm sitting after two good episodes -- that I've just read that it's been cancelled after the first series. :-(