Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Revenant - Iñàrritu goes West

Started by Blinder Data, November 12, 2015, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

Slow to the snow party here,  eventually got round to watching this last night and thought it was awful.  Started off as some sub Vietnam buddy film,  complete with indigenous baddies dying outright with one flesh wound to a load of unbelievable old horseshit.

Ultra convenient plot lines and impossible coincidences were being shat out at a frightening rate towards the end,  an end that couldn't  and didn't come quick enough.

Bazooka

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on January 03, 2017, 08:39:31 PM
Slow to the snow party here,  eventually got round to watching this last night and thought it was awful.  Started off as some sub Vietnam buddy film,  complete with indigenous baddies dying outright with one flesh wound to a load of unbelievable old horseshit.

Ultra convenient plot lines and impossible coincidences were being shat out at a frightening rate towards the end,  an end that couldn't  and didn't come quick enough.

Let alone the huge CGI bear which completely destroys any level of immersion. Is it Baloo from the Jungle Book? The Edge in 1997 is a miles better film.

Noodle Lizard

I'll agree on some points[nb]though I think you're being a bit harsh[/nb], but I'm surprised to have read a few "the bear scene was shit" posts on here recently.  The bear scene was incredibly impressive from a technical standpoint.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 03, 2017, 10:21:04 PM
I'll agree on some points[nb]though I think you're being a bit harsh[/nb], but I'm surprised to have read a few "the bear scene was shit" posts on here recently.  The bear scene was incredibly impressive from a technical standpoint.

It was the only reason I started to watch the film after my brother-in-law's eulogy on that scene.

It was shit. Maybe it would have been better on a full screen? Switch a bear for The Hulk and I think we'd all agree it was shit. In fact, the huffing and grunting sounded exactly like The Hulk.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 04, 2017, 09:11:54 AMSwitch a bear for The Hulk and I think we'd all agree it was shit.

Well yeah but ... switch the spaceship in 2001 for a cruiseliner and ...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 04, 2017, 11:55:50 AM
Well yeah but ... switch the spaceship in 2001 for a cruiseliner and ...

you still get a good film.

Switch HAL for The Hulk...not so much.