Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:08:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jane Weaver

Started by poo, November 13, 2015, 01:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

Listening to The Silver Globe album. Good eh?

Crabwalk

Yes, but I think The Fallen By Watchbird is even better.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: poo on November 13, 2015, 01:18:35 PM
Listening to The Silver Globe album. Good eh?

Fantastic, especially the Dave Brock cover.

CaledonianGonzo

Had tickets to see her live a month back but couldn't go for extreme manflu reasons :-(

Glebe

Perhaps you could provide us with an audio clip, poo?

Gamma Ray

Some of the remixes are fantastic, particularly the Tom Furse extrapolation of Argent and the PJ Philipson version of Your Time In This Life Is Just Temporary. I saw her live on the recent tour too and she was great.

non capisco

Nobody Soup

yes, I got offered a ticket to see her without knowing anything about her(I was meant to get one for yo la tengo though so this was actually a bit of a 2nd prize) she was very good though. better live than on the album to my ear. I'm not sure if realizing that she looks quite a lot like a young katie hopkins heightened my enjoyment of it or not though.

BlodwynPig

Norton Canes

Sort of new:

QuoteJane Weaver's multi-layered synthetics evolved into a welcoming slew with 2014's 'The Silver Globe', continuing through to 2017's 'Modern Kosmology'. 'Loops In The Secret Society' is a re-imagined journey through parts of both albums, with new ambient pieces primed and polished; with new tangents explored in a lab-friendly blossoming of the Weaver vision that travels yet further into the psych of our future

BlodwynPig

Norton Canes

Sin Agog

Still fondly remember that time a few years back when I was kipping at a mate's house, only to wake to the opening strains of The Fallen By Watchbird oh oh OH OH'ing into my ear from the venue downstairs.  Didn't even know she was playing there.  Later bumped into Andy Votel outside.

Head Gardener

PaulTMA

dr beat

Thats great news about the new album. Might be biased out of local pride but she's great.

I read CGs post thinking 'hang on we bumped into each other at the Pleasance' but only now have realised the post was from 3 years hence!

BlodwynPig