Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sky SD Help required - MTV channels

Started by buzby, November 14, 2015, 07:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzby

If anybody out there has still got a Sky SD box (like the original Sky Digital Pace boxes) and a subscription that covers the MTV channels, could you do a quick test for me?

Tune to MTV (channel 350) and see if you are getting sound and video, or just sound with frozen video from the last channel you were on. step up though the channels to VIVA (channel 357)  and see if they have the same problem.

As you might have guessed, my old Pace box has developed this strange fault. There is a thread about it on Sky's forums (it's been ongoing since tuesday) and a few people have contacted Sky's twitter account about it but the telephone customer support mainint tthere's no problem (predictably).

From what I understand, at the beginning of the week Sky changed the video encoder settings on MTV's channels to finally upgrade them from 544x576 to full PAL resolution of 720x576. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they tested it on the old SD boxes as since then they have not been able to decode the video stream on these channels.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way of communicating this to Sky (I'm a non-Twitter, non-Facebook luddite).

And yes, I've tried turning it off and on again.