Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UFC thread

Started by wooders1978, November 16, 2015, 10:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
O'Malley could be a huge star for the UFC

wooders1978

Unlucky injury for o'malley but he wasn't really bossing the fight anyway

There is a strange irony in Cormier being potentially blinded by an eye poke in his final fight

Why do we not have a Zhao weili fight scheduled? Biggest break out star in recent memory imo

rjd2

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1296558964776157184

This is going to be absolutely immense, but Israel  gets it done.

Also don't see any issues for Khabib  either.

Quote from: rjd2 on August 21, 2020, 11:39:23 PM
https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1296558964776157184

This is going to be absolutely immense, but Israel  gets it done.

Nope, the EA game cover curse will strike again, bet the house on Costa.

rjd2

bump...........................

Colby is so good in the ring, but he's not a great heel is he? The whole maga gimmick just feels so forced, probably votes Biden in November.

Woodley should consider retirement, Cowboy seems content in his current role but he's going nowhere.

Chimaev does look the real deal even if obviously its mediocrity he is smashing.

wooders1978

It is forced - he was very close to being let go by ufc until he reinvented himself as a maga hat wearing heel

hummingofevil

Quote from: wooders1978 on September 21, 2020, 06:59:07 PM
It is forced - he was very close to being let go by ufc until he reinvented himself as a maga hat wearing heel

It feels so dirty until you add in the spin of him potentially playing family Trump. The idea Covington playing a character and got both Donalds sucking his arse is genuinely hilarious. Don't believe it though. Like Dana is is probably just a cunt and this nothing more than an exaggeration of his actual character.

Chimaev is a beast. Maybe he will come unstuck as he moves up in class but my instinct is that he will smash every one in sight. He isn't just beating people but he's telling us how he will beat them. It's a pretty fun gimmick when it is Jon Moxley in AEW. When it is a legit fighter it shows a crazy level of ability.

rjd2

Oh yeah Colby is playing a character and he pretty much admitted it to other MAGA for money twit Candy Owens but at times it feels so forced, when he was calling Woodley a commy I wasn't triggered , just was rolling my eyes. He is a beast though in the ring and unlike many online I don't think its a cert that Usman beats him in a rematch.

Usman would be fav obviously, but Colby has a chance.

Do think Colby would handle Jorge relatively easily, but Jorge can duck him pretty easily and make money elsewhere. I have no interest in him beating Nate again, but its a fight that should do ok numbers.

hummingofevil

Quote from: rjd2 on September 22, 2020, 09:05:32 AM
Oh yeah Colby is playing a character and he pretty much admitted it to other MAGA for money twit Candy Owens but at times it feels so forced, when he was calling Woodley a commy I wasn't triggered , just was rolling my eyes. He is a beast though in the ring and unlike many online I don't think its a cert that Usman beats him in a rematch.

Usman would be fav obviously, but Colby has a chance.

Do think Colby would handle Jorge relatively easily, but Jorge can duck him pretty easily and make money elsewhere. I have no interest in him beating Nate again, but its a fight that should do ok numbers.

Jorge is a legit MAGA cunt so as much as I find him entertaining Colby beating him and turning face would legit be funnier than any wrestling storyline.

wooders1978

Adesanya is so fucking good

rjd2

Utter domination from him to say the least.

Reyes getting murdered was definitely a surprise, but Jan is the man so happy days.

Kara-France v Royval was fucking wild though, probably the most entertaining fight on the card.

Deanjam

rjd2

Even ignoring that amazing knock out , it was a much better than expected night of ufc action.

Korean zombie next weekend which is also very pleasing.

For the week after , does Justin have any chance whatsoever?

wooders1978

Justin's got a very slim punchers chance in my view - my suspicion is though that the fight will be mainly on the ground and despite gaejthe having a strong wrestling background he'll get smothered and submitted in round 2 or 3

greenman

The problem everyone seems to have with him I'd say is that theres been a lack of very high level grapplers in MMA in recent years, alot of cheap tactics have crept in that don't work against someone with Nurmagomedov's abilities, its why someone like Maia has stayed relevant at age 400.

wooders1978

Quote from: wooders1978 on October 13, 2020, 07:38:33 AM
Justin's got a very slim punchers chance in my view - my suspicion is though that the fight will be mainly on the ground and despite gaejthe having a strong wrestling background he'll get smothered and submitted in round 2 or 3

Hmmm - Mandem know his ting

rjd2

Justin had a good first round and that was about it.

He v the winner of Dustin and Conor would be good fun .

Supposedly we are getting Chimaev v Edwards in December which looks a cracker, suspect bookies will make Chimaev the fav, but if I can get Edwards odds against will be very happy.

rjd2

That was an absolute class PPV.

Ferguson is probably done at this level, Oliveira could have a very profitable few years coming. Fiziev and Swanson brought the fun to the undercard.

Gane looks promising while Holland has had an insane 2020 and is probably the most fun fighter around due to how frequent he fights and how entertaining he is.

Main event was an absolute war also.

rjd2

Not sure their is enough interest to warrant a bump,,,,but that PPV this weekend was absolute immense.

Slight props to DeSantis and Dana for allowing fans back ,,yeah its a horrific idea health wise but it definitely added to the live experience and Florida going to Florida.

Rose is adorable although just need to her never to discuss politics again and like many I look forward to the decapitation of Colby in the rematch, nobody on the active roster can handle this version of Usman.

Rose fight here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0DZ7Ey8V4

wooders1978

She caught weili well, it won't happen when they run it back I suspect, I love rose but weili is the better fighter in my opinion and rose got a bit lucky with a punchers chance - Usman unbeatable in his class o agree though masvidal is horribly overrated, looking forward to Covington 2, talking of dodgy politics!

I've disliked Weidman for years purely because of the way he celebrated after Anderson Silva snapped his leg, always loved it when he lost. But even I felt bad for him after Saturday night, fucking sickening injury.

rjd2

Mas deserves immense credit for how he has marketed himself as ultimately he is a journeyman. Credit where its due.

I think he probably beats up the Diaz family now which will make him plenty of money before he retires.

Jiri Prochazka v Reyes this weekend could be an absolute corker, both so goo

rjd2

Jiri is so much fun. He takes a lot of abuse in fights so their is a chance he gets killed someday which is the obvious downside of his style.

https://twitter.com/Shak_Fu/status/1388718957947879425

rjd2

That was a hilarious ending to a pretty cool PPV. Conor ranting and raving after getting murdered while Dustin and his missus take the mick.

I don't know how you can justify a 4th fight, but understandably after dominating him in the last 2 fights and the money involved Dustin seems keen.

I don't know though if Conor comes back, he may have to accept been a sideshow, maybe Diaz , Masvidal etc?

Tuivasa coming out to the spice girls and then murdering a women beater  = WIN.

Ladies fights good fun and the dude who got murdered by O Malley was absurdly tough.

The Topuria chap also looks quality, murdered the very dangerous Ryan Hall.

Worth a watch lads.

bgmnts

Did he break his leg? That's quite funny.

rjd2

Quote from: bgmnts on July 11, 2021, 09:27:00 PM
Did he break his leg? That's quite funny.

Yep.

Interview with Rogan was hilarious if for all wrong reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ymIhvWQug

peanutbutter

McGregor's been losing his mind ever since he first won the title, momentum meant his star power kept going up as far as the Mayweather fight but in the process he's totally forgotten how to cut a promo and learned a lot of bad habits.

He'll get the rematch, then he'll become a sideshow... the rematch in itself is just a sideshow surely

BeardFaceMan

Poirier's wife giving him the finger during that interview is quite jolly, he really is a prick. You think he would have learned his lesson about running his mouth after Khabib had him screaming "it's only business!" like the manchild that he is,  surprised anyone takes anything he says seriously after that. And yes, of course the injury was caused by him throwing kicks at the start, there's no way a healthy leg snaps like that just by standing on it.