Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goldie Lookin Chain

Started by alan nagsworth, November 22, 2015, 11:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt. Duckie

Pretty sweet stuff. Surpasses Gruff's EU remain song, not that it would be very difficult to.

greenman

I'd tend to agree with the idea that they bought into there own mythos a bit after there spell of success but returning more to comedy has helped, this is pretty fun as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMnQLXMVyQ

For the Waitrose pisstake though its notable its now easier for them to look like middle aged customers of said shop than it is rappers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VFvQ6LYer4

Bizarrely Rhys recorded an album of Keith Jarretesque romantic piano solos last year....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQhmZlQD8dc

momatt

Quote from: greenman on June 05, 2016, 07:56:28 PM
Seemingly they can predict the future...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJQwbJOj2pg

"Freddie Mercury died of too much bumming" - that's my favourite lyric of the week.

hedgehog90

Sebastian Cobb

Ha I was carrying on cleaning my records this weekend and happened across my copy of Half Man Half Machine/Self Suicide. I'd forgotten all about them.

Ah well, eventually as I move down the alphabet I'll stumble across my copy of Pitman's It Takes a Nation of Tossers.

MuteBanana

Woman beating cunts would be a better name for these losers.

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 03, 2017, 01:15:52 AM
Woman beating cunts would be a better name for these losers.

Care to elaborate?

studpuppet

The one that summed them all up for me was The Badboy Limp: good samples and rapping, and the references are all ultra-British - Beadle, Heather Mills, Hi-Tec, Argos, Ginsters, Panda Pop.

"Cut off two toes and got gangrene,
Now I walks with a gangster lean
I did it in work, no win no fee,
I got four grand and Shopmobility"

Also, their samples are always spot on (eg Cannabis on Your Missus Is a Nutter)

imitationleather

Quote from: studpuppet on July 04, 2017, 02:40:00 PM
"Cut off two toes and got gangrene,
Now I walks with a gangster lean
I did it in work, no win no fee,
I got four grand and Shopmobility"

Christ, that is funny.

There's only two of them left in the group now, isn't there?

gmoney

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 27, 2015, 09:12:47 PM
Aren't they just like a slightly less funny Pitman?

That's no insult in my book. Pitman was great.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Conincidentally,I was feeling a bit nostagic last night, so I gave Greatest Hits a spin. It still amuses me all these years later.

Chairman Bodog

Soapbar was the toon we fucked with in sixth form. We used to mosey on over with a pocket full of poison and nab skanky black hash and smashed it in the park. The dealer was a withering hushmutt with swords on the wall. He had one bare room with just a three legged table and a tatty jacket lined with tenbags.

I remember at lunchtime I spent the hour trekking across town to buy a quarter for my cousin and Irene. This guy chatted utter piddle dross as we shuffled together back down after the buy. I said I was going boomer picking up the mountains and he said "I did mushrooms once, butt. I remember fuck'n going down this fuck'n forest, right. All of a sudden I saw this fuck'n demon and he said 'You av been chosen'! and then he started going '10, 9, 8,' like he was fuck'n counting down, like. So I fuck'n legged it down the road, butt."

I was like yeah.

itsfredtitmus

I find some of their songs really endearing and does what I think they were trying to achieve from the start like Baneswell Express n a few others but that "aren't rappers funny hehehehe with their gold chains and hip hippy hip hop" wasn't funny then and isn't funny now not to mention the dated classism (MC Devvo and Catherine Tate sort of peddled the same shit around Safe as Fuck if I remember)

Didn't Flavor Flav already exist anyway? Proper confused now.

Hundhoon

I Remember seeing them at V festival 2004 in Chelmsford, it was hot about 15.000 people watching them, I remember there being loads of wasps attacking people.. I remember finding them really funny, I was drunk..

I look back at myself then and hate myself. the mid noughties sucked