Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:21:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tablet help

Started by madhair60, November 27, 2015, 11:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Want to buy a tablet.  Amazon has the Fire tab for £34.99 but that's gonna be locked down to the Amazon store and probably be a piece of shit.

I would rather have a nicer display but idk if this is even possible at a decent price.

kittens

fire is a shitstain tablet mate

madhair60

kittens

so am i
no point buying a shitstain tablet just to have a tablet
however i saw in the shops other day all good tablets are like as much as a computer in which case what is point of tablet
maybe ask father christmas

Beagle 2

What do you want the tablet for?

checkoutgirl

The Lenovo 10 inch is a good tablet and is pretty cheap, not much more than 100 quid. It's got a nifty little kick stand at the back that is really tactile and useful for propping it up a different angles. It worked fine for me for about 11 months until I snapped it in two out of pure anger. The anger was nothing to do with the tablet itself but a game I was playing on it. And that's the thing, other than browsing the interweb or playing some shitty freemium game there's fuck all you can really do with a tablet as far as I can see. I feel better without it. I can watch a film or have a conversation without a quiet nagging in the back of my head telling me to play some crappy game.

mook

i watch football in the bath on mine. well, i've done it twice. & garageband when taking a shit is an utter game changer. so do that. 6/10

edit... so... erm, yeah get one if you ever plan on using the bathroom or toilet is pretty much what i'm saying.

Beagle 2

I use my iPad for music production, and it's very useful. Apart from that I bought a refurbed chromebook for £99 that I use for absolutely everything else, it's just easier and better to have a proper keyboard and have the internet work properly. 

For emulators I use that Android console I started a vanity thread about and it's fucking brilliant.