Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:53:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gremlins 3 actually happening, apparently.

Started by Glebe, November 28, 2015, 02:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on July 03, 2019, 04:36:23 PM
Maybe I'm reading real anger/unhappiness into peoples' responses to this stuff and it isn't actually there. I have a friend who's always upset about things like this and I just want them to detach and maybe they'd be happier. Thanks for the in-depth response though, you're right.

Fair enough.  I promise you that I'm not fuming about this new Gremlins animated series.  I read the news, rolled my eyes, posted my thoughts, moved on and didn't give it a second thought.  I wasn't stomping around the flat, throwing mugs at walls, before curling up into a sobbing ball in the corner, whimpering "why? Why? For the love of God, wwhhhhyyyyyyyy?!".  It's just slightly annoying that they're making this, that's all.

mothman

As you say, we're all intelligent coves who like film, I like that there's a range of opinions. We're not always going to agree but that's fine. You never know, the third instalment of Gremlins might be superb. It probably won't be, but it might. After the previous four movies of increasing shonkiness, nobody was enthusiastic about Star Trek Beyond (the third in that sub-franchise, which is why I bring it up; but TNG films Insurrection and Nemesis hadn't been great either). The thread I started about it was called "Star Trek Beyond... the pale? A joke?" - yet it turned out to be one of the better ones, in my top five, maybe top three. So you never know!

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on July 03, 2019, 07:11:47 PM
The thread I started about it was called "Star Trek Beyond... the pale? A joke?" - yet it turned out to be one of the better ones, in my top five, maybe top three. So you never know!

Well, of course there's a possibility that the final show might be great.  That goes without saying (not matter how unlikely it may be) but in the meantime, people are going to weigh in on such things as a concept.  Opinions at this stage are not formal reviews of the final product, nor are they presented as such.  They're just opinions upon the announcement of a Gremlins animated series.

SavageHedgehog

I'll have to wait until I see character designs or some actual animation before getting too excited, but in theory I'm all for this. Gremlins for me is something which I feel lends itself to being continued, or something I'd certainly like to see more from if done well, at least.

Vitalstatistix

Joe Dante is interviewed on a recent Chapo Trap House special episode, after a live screening of The New Batch.

I feel gratified to discover there's a whole lot of other weirdos out there who regard the sequel as a masterpiece of postmodern comedy.

Or maybe definitely it's just one bloke running The Institute Of Gremlins 2 Studies. Either way, it's a thing.

Glebe

ReelBlend #85: Gremlins Director Joe Dante Talks The Film's 35th Anniversary.

Interview starts approx 45mins in.

Also, I still don't have a 4K TV/player, but in any case here's Blu-ray.com's review of the 4K disc... the long and the short of it is that's it's apparently a bit disappointing, the standard BD has not been given a remaster and some of the advertised extra features have gone AWOL.

bgmnts

Kids at the cinema wont have a fucking clue.

surreal