Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whatever happened to Terry Zwigoff?

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 28, 2015, 02:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Art School Confidential wasn't that bad, was it? Nothing for nearly ten years. There's a Bad Santa sequel and a new Dan Clowes adaptation (Wilson) in the offing, but no news on TZ anywhere. Last I read he had a couple of projects, one of which included Nicolas Cage, but nothing's come to fruition. A shame as Ghost World and Crumb were really great.

Famous Mortimer

Maybe he did something sleazy with someone, and no-one wants to hire him any more. I am basing this entirely on his moustache.

Onken

I've pondered this myself. Occasionally I'll check his IMDb comments section to see if theres any news. I just don't think he worked well under a studio's control and was too much of an auteur for most of them. I believe Bad Santa was edited without his consent. He may only want the finance if he can retain more control of the film.

Todd Solondz has a new movie out next year with a stellar cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4144190/

Garam

He has two films in the pipeline i think, one starring Nicolas Cage.

Bad Santa was edited without his and the Coens consent, they came out in defence of him. I'm sure they would still help him get a film funded if he wanted it, i just don't think filmmaking is his main obsession. Probably still collecting records.

I thought Art School Confidential was quite good. Not a patch on Crumb and Ghost World, which are both classics. But still good.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Garam on November 28, 2015, 01:51:52 PM
He has two films in the pipeline i think, one starring Nicolas Cage.

I read that too, but seeing as the 'news' was from 2013, I think it can be discounted.