Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FAO European Son and any other Libs fans.

Started by TraceyQ, February 15, 2004, 07:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

I think I'll have some more info about the rumoured gig at Bescot Stadium later this evening... turns out a friend of a friend is organising something that was a bit under wraps until I'm a Sleb finished it's hype... if you get my meaning....

TraceyQ

Right, I will reply to my own thread then.

Ok, had a quick word and there's something major going on. Punk Festival or summat, I have an idea of the line up, but nothing's confirmed as of yet.

<cough> Spear Of Destiny<cough> Sex Pistols<cough> Pass the benilyn, mother.

european son

interesting... the first time i saw The Libertines was at the spirit of '68 (ahem) event which was the "Pistols at the Palace" (along with a PiL-covering Rapture), so they have played together before.

add that to the same year's money raising US tour the pistols did and Johnny's probable desire to cash in on his Jordan-baiting ("i've got a bigger game to play...") and it doesn't sound all that unlikely.

i say fuck (another) Pistols reunion, and that Johnny gets the Metal-Box era PiL back together. that would be boss.

european son

just read this

Quote from: "someone on thelibertines.org"Posted a message on Walsalls F.C messageboard on rivals.net asking if anyone new anything about it, got 2 replies so far, one said that application for a permit to have a concert there had been recieved but didnt know who from, and the other one just stated Libertines 21st May and Sex Pistols 22nd May. So i guess well just have to wait and see.

more stuff

Quote from: "someone looked at ceefax and then"What a Walsall.

Peter told PS: The libertines are playing a summer gig at Walsall's 9600 Capacity Bescot Stadium. The show - which doesn't have a confirmed date, would only be the second at the ground following The Wonderstuff in 1991.

Docherty Also revealed he's releasing a 7" only single on High Society under his Babyshambles alias. The song also called Babyshambles will be out "really soon".

Butler Hasn't done it.

Bernard Butler might be too busy to produce The Libertines new album, Pete Docherty has told PS.

"It's written we just need someone to press record" said Docherty. "Since he worked with us, Bernard's been too busy. If its not him, it'll be Mick Jones".

As well as writing again with Brett Anderson, Butler is making a third Mcalmont and Butler album and has spoken of making a third solo record.

Up the Rabbits.

The liberrtines have been talking to PS about their new album.

Pete Docherty said: "Its like the first one, its not just fast song, slow one. It's a mixed bag of rabbits. We've got Myxomatosis. That could be the title!

"There's a song called You Can't Stand Me, which is me and Carlos singing at each other. It's good enough to be the first single - there's that, Bugle and Likely Lads that are racing with each other to be first out the trap."