Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The British Academy of Film & Television Awards

Started by Vermschneid Mehearties, February 15, 2004, 09:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermschneid Mehearties

Fucking hell, Stephen Fry is putting on some weight.

A head's up for tonights action, though I'm sure you're all watching rather than staying on here (Yeah, right.).

I'm watching 'Hollywood Homicide' myself and was rather surprised to find Eric Idle turn up with a one line cameo (being arrested for curb crawling).

Baftas shmaftas

Vermschneid Mehearties

Touching The void has just won Outstanding British Film of the year. Fair play.

Bill Nighy gets 'Best Supporting Actor' for 'Love Actually'. Githead.

In This World wins Best film not in the English Language. Haven't seen it myself, but I'm disappointed Goodbye Lenin! and Belleville Rendez Vouz didn't win. Oh well.

Cold Mountain snatches Best Music in a Film. Bugger and cocks.

Working Title wins Contribution to British Cinema award. Can't complain, though there are some rather odious scumbucket films that have originate from their pores over the years. Lots of quality too though, fortunately.

Smashing. Lord Of The Rings wins its first award, for Cinematography.

Kiss Of Life by Emily Young wins the award for best debut. And we all care. So much.

Master and Commander wins the award for Best Production Design. Gah.

The ORANGE AWARD FOR BEST FILM EVER EVER EVER goes to Lord Of The Rings: Return of the Ardent Fanboy Cult Following. Well done chaps. It deserves it nonetheless.

Flook

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Fucking hell, Stephen Fry is putting on some weight.

A head's up for tonights action, though I'm sure you're all watching rather than staying on here (Yeah, right.).

And what the hell has he done to his hair? Im no Nicky Clark but fuck thats awful

Vermschneid Mehearties

Must they insist on playing Air's new album at every opportunity?

I love it, but it assumes everyone's too ignorant to notice that the music is by the same people. Gits.

And yeah, his hair is shit as well. I hope he changes it for QI. These gays eh?

Hairy Chin

I'm ignorant, but I noticed the music was very similar each time. I liked the music, but I didn't know what it was. Only new Air one I've heard is 'Cherry Blossom Girl'.

I'll go have a butchers for Walkie Talkie...cheers for that! <insert smiley here>

Vermschneid Mehearties

Yeah, that's been the most used one though they've already used Mike Mills, Universal Traveler and Alone in Kyoto (though to be fair, that was on Lost In Translation) as well. eeeeeejits.

Quote from: "Stephen Fry"'Forcibly manhandled into a lighthouse'

It's lines like that which make me wish Fry would stop directing films and presenting things like this and just start writing again.

Also, is there a rule which states that every woman has to be blonde or something? not that I'm complaining.

danielreal2k

Is it me or has Scarlett Johansson   turned into Marlyn Monroe
(phoarrrrrr)

fbb bastard

i just read the results elsewhere....i wont say a thing about them though apart from to say one particular result has made me VERY HAPPY INDEED

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "12 years, 11 months old"
Quote from: "Stephen Fry"'Forcibly manhandled into a lighthouse'

It's lines like that which make me wish Fry would stop directing films and presenting things like this and just start writing again.

Also, is there a rule which states that every woman has to be blonde or something? not that I'm complaining.

God, he's great, isn't he? I wish I'd taped this just to make note of his lines. Unbreakable better be worth the videotape.

Bogey

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"Unbreakable better be worth the videotape.

It's a pile of steaming cacca if you ask me.
But you didn't. Sorry.

Rats

Bill Murray deserved the award, he was class in lost in translation but I didn't think the wife should have won, I thought she was very average.

Bogey

Um... am I being incredibly stupid, but where's the television bit?

Rats

Hey yeah, I never noticed that, where was big mo and kat?

mangoliver

Quote from: "Bogey"Um... am I being incredibly, but where's the television bit?

A few years ago they split the film and tv awards into two separate shows. The BAFTA tv awards will follow soon(ish) I think.

Rats

Bogey

Yes, I wonder whether The Offiice will win (again).

Jimmy

Quote from: "Bogey"Yes, I wonder whether The Offiice will win (again).

I think there was something about an administrative error that means The Office/ Gervais failed to be nominated?

Quote from: "Jimmy"
Quote from: "Bogey"Yes, I wonder whether The Offiice will win (again).

I think there was something about an administrative error that means The Office/ Gervais failed to be nominated?

No, they're back in the running now - probably all orchestrated to get them briefly in the headlines again eh?

Purple Tentacle

Do You Know Who I Fancy?

Not Scarlett Johansson any more, what a big mistake. I fell in love with her when she was sitting around in her pants, anything more clothed and my feelings diminish.

king mob

Quote from: "mangoliver"

A few years ago they split the film and tv awards into two separate shows. The BAFTA tv awards will follow soon(ish) I think.

March i think, should be great to see all those soap stars trying to pass themselves off as real actors;)

Gazeuse

Quote from: "king mob"
Quote from: "mangoliver"

March i think, should be great to see all those soap stars trying to pass themselves off as real actors;)

The 2003 Awards will take place on Sunday 18th April 2004.

The Nominations for this year's awards will be announced on Tuesday 23rd March 2004

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Do You Know Who I Fancy?

Not Scarlett Johansson any more, what a big mistake. I fell in love with her when she was sitting around in her pants, anything more clothed and my feelings diminish.

That's funny, because I'd barely heard of her until last night and now various portions of me are going all funny.

I quite enjoyed Unbreakable. Certainly not what I was expecting, in terms of going down the superhero path.