Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Football]

Started by mayer, October 16, 2004, 03:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

Quote2:29 Goal - Lee Hendrie
Arsenal 0-1 Aston Villa.
Goal by Lee Hendrie (Aston Villa) curled left-footed (bottom-left of goal) from right channel (25 yards).Arsenal 0-1 Aston Villa. Assist (pass) by Darius Vassell (Aston Villa) from left side of penalty area.  

48 games... is it finally going to happen?

obviously i'd rather it never ended. the pessimist in me would say "it if it's going to happen this week or next, best get it out the way".

fuck that.... we'll come back, and we'll make it a half-century at Old Trafford next week.

mayer

Pires Penalty 1-1. heh.

mayer

*cough*

h t t p://66.195.17.209:3379/;stream.nsv

add to winamp... remove the spaces, play....

a few minutes delay and dodgy quality, and highly illegal, but better than the radio.

Beagle 2

Or head over to http://www.soccerstreams.com and do it the legal way!

Guess who decided Livepools crap away form couldn't continue and stuck some money on the reds today. Gah.

EDIT, hey cheers mayer, straight on that stream! Nicely!

mayer

Quote from: "Beagle 2"
EDIT, hey cheers mayer, straight on that stream! Nicely!

heh... it's pretty much unwatchable... the quality is one thing, but there's way too much buffering. i'm persevering though.

oh, 2-1 by the way, who else?

Beagle 2

Yeah same here actually it's giving me indigestion! Sounds OK though. I'm watching the guy piss about on his computer now. And I can't get on anything at soccerstreams... so much for linking...

Is there not a way of increasing the buffertime or using something like WM recorder to record and preview? Oh well, who wants to watch the cunts win again anyway...(not a gooner are we?)

Actually it's streaming OK now

Timmay

Quote from: "Beagle 2"Guess who decided Livepools crap away form couldn't continue and stuck some money on the reds today. Gah.
Come on then, how much did ya win then?

mayer

heheheh... Fergie's trying the mind games a week early...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3750372.stm

QuoteWhat Arsenal players did that day was the worst thing I've seen in this sport.

QuoteGiven that he did it in a night match that wasn't on television, while United v Arsenal kicked off at lunchtime with probably about 10 million kids watching live on TV, I wonder what was really the worst example.

if Fergie's resorting to this sort of malarky, i don't think Arsenal have anything to worry about at the weekend really. if he actually means all that rubbish, i'll just jog his memory a little....

KEOWN: arghgahga... waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

(Martin Keown received a three-match ban)

KEANE: I'd waited long enough. I fucking hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that, you cunt.

(Roy Keane incurred a five-match ban, which was for both the tackle, and the publishing of the story).

i was apalled after the Old Trafford game. i felt embarassed watching it. but if i had to chose one of two things from this post that i thought were "the worst thing in this sport", it wouldn't be an ugly cretin leering at Ruud Van Nistelroy.

fanny splendid

He's only after a reaction, and now he's got it.

I'm watching the Birmingham game right now, and as much as it pains me to say so, you don't have much to worry about.

Ferguson needs to be putting his effort into making the Utd players realise that they actually have to play, if they want to win.

...and so to the second half...

Beagle 2

I won sod all Tim, bloody Norwich drew and I had an accumulator. But never mind, the mighty City polished off Chelsea a treat last night, and looked, well, solid in defense! Wierd shit....

We needed that though, tenth in the league, I should think it will  probably be where we finish too. Mayer, I was quoting that Keane awfulness all wrong earlier in the week, most definitely the biggest cunt the world has ever seen. Look at him screaming in Alfies face after he's just nearly killed the bloke, makes my blood boil, it's just common assault!

mayer

Quote from: "fanny splendid"He's only after a reaction, and now he's got it.

hhehehe... yes, but only from me, not from Serene Wenger

chand

Quote from: "fanny splendid"I'm watching the Birmingham game right now, and as much as it pains me to say so, you don't have much to worry about.

Oh, United were pish yesterday. But then, the Arsenal game is a different story. We seemed to play with no fucking urgency yesterday, casually knocking the ball from the back towards one of our multitude of strikers without too much care. But in stoppage time we started getting the ball into the box, as if someone had just gone 'Um, lads, you do realise it's still 0-0 and you're not winning right?'. No idea what the fuck was going on the rest of the game.

But United will be really up for it on Sunday. We may lose, but I suspect we'll show some bollocks in the figurative sense. And lest we forget, last season Arsenal didn't beat us in any of the three competitive encounters despite being amazing nearly all season. And they were a lick of paint away from losing the unbeaten record with that last-minute penalty at Old Trafford.

Obviously, we'll lose cos we're playing bobbins at the moment, but a man can dream.

mayer

Quote from: "chand"And they were a lick of paint away from losing the unbeaten record with that last-minute penalty at Old Trafford.

well, technically, there wasn't any sort of unbeaten record being spoken about that early on the season.

Arsenal will lose it. a nice round Half-Century, at Old Trafford. God hasn't built up things in my life repeatedly to bring them crashing back down in an irksome way (Nayim scoring that goal.... had to be an -exSpurs player right, in the last minute, from the halfway line... that was really necessary eh? my love life, etc. etc.) for him to let this one go.

i reckon Arsenal will be 1-0 up and cruising, just not killing the game off till the 96th minute of time, when United will score twice.

Beagle 2

Did you get that link yesterday  off that DJblu character at soccerstreams mayer? He's just started sticking sky games on the site now using peercast.  Catch the remainder of the Newcastle game here http://66.195.17.209:8000/;stream.nsv  (winamp) streaming a treat.

chand

Quote from: "mayer"
Quote from: "chand"And they were a lick of paint away from losing the unbeaten record with that last-minute penalty at Old Trafford.

well, technically, there wasn't any sort of unbeaten record being spoken about that early on the season.

Yeah, I just mean, retrospectively I've become even more gutted about that penalty miss. I doubt it would have changed the path of our season much (though for me I maintain that our season only went fully arse-up when we went 7 points behind with a dreadful point against Leeds at Old Trafford the same day Arsenal beat Chelsea), but that was the closest Arsenal came to losing it last season and we wouldn't be talking about 50 games or whatever it is now. Though obviously one defeat would still be quite an achievement.

QuoteArsenal will lose it. a nice round Half-Century, at Old Trafford. God hasn't built up things in my life repeatedly to bring them crashing back down in an irksome way (Nayim scoring that goal.... had to be an -exSpurs player right, in the last minute, from the halfway line... that was really necessary eh? my love life, etc. etc.) for him to let this one go.

i reckon Arsenal will be 1-0 up and cruising, just not killing the game off till the 96th minute of time, when United will score twice.

I wish. I suspect you'll whup us and lose the unbeaten record against some team like Palace later on in the season when you're on autopilot and resting players and having injuries and they desparately need the points. I think if Arsenal do lose though, it will be to a late goal, whenever Arsenal have gone behind early there's an inevitable backlash even when Boro went 2-0 up it seemed they knew they couldn't win.

qki

Quote from: "mayer"Arsenal will lose it. a nice round Half-Century, at Old Trafford. God hasn't built up things in my life repeatedly to bring them crashing back down in an irksome way (Nayim scoring that goal.... had to be an -exSpurs player right, in the last minute, from the halfway line... that was really necessary eh? my love life, etc. etc.) for him to let this one go.

Nah, you'll survive that. Probably a draw. You'll get to 52 games and lose the 53rd. It's fated. We're gonna beat you, I just have this feeling. I haven't been optimistic about a Spurs v Arsenal match since about 1991, but I reckon we're the only team you're vulnerable against. Derby matches can always go either way, no matter by how much one team is objectively better than the other.

As a result, I will, for the first time in my life, be supporting the Arse against Man U, Saints and Palace. If you lose one of those you won't lose to us.

Fuck knows how I came to that conclusion, but we all have our funny football superstitions I suppose...

Mr Colossal

I think arsenal are going to lose sooner or later... They havn't got the strength in depth to play to their full potential if they lose more than two of their first team players. Henry, pires, reyes and possibly ljungberg are all interchangable and guaranteed to get them goals in the final third of the pitch.

I think bergkamp is their best asset, he hasn't been getting the headlines but his passes and his vision from the midfield  are paramount in the others running rampant. I think  if he gets injured and one or two of the first team front players are missing/tired  they stand a good chance of being beaten.

Bolton were tactically close to upsetting them this year, and Middlesborough proved that they arn't that defensively sound if you go at them but i think they will cruise their way to the title if their first team stays fit.

Fergie has been playing it tactically wrong for ages. I think he should keep to a solid  first team, he becoming the tinker man of late... I wasn't liking it with his lone-man upfront approach, though i think those days are over now, its now a case of his players having the desire.  I think he thought birmingham would prove a walkover with some of his lesser players.   They made the old united mistake of pushing their opponents to defend from their own box. When they do that there are  simply too many bodys to find probing passes and get onto the edge of crosses, a more patient but brutal counter attack  from their own half like arsenal, and how they played against  fenerbahce would see them getting a lot of goals.

phes

Quote from: "Mr Colossal"I think arsenal are going to lose sooner or later... They havn't got the strength in depth to play to their full potential if they lose more than two of their first team players. Henry, pires, reyes and possibly ljungberg are all interchangable and guaranteed to get them goals in the final third of the pitch.

I think bergkamp is their best asset, he hasn't been getting the headlines but his passes and his vision from the midfield  are paramount in the others running rampant. I think  if he gets injured and one or two of the first team front players are missing/tired  they stand a good chance of being beaten.

Hee,hee. This is great, listening to the lengths at which people will go to work out how Arsenal will lose. Lest we not forget that they have won with, or without, Campbell, Vierra, Bergkamp, Ljunberg, Henry, Pires, Reyes. On occasion I think that three or four have been missing. I guess it's fair to say that were their entire first team struck down by a nasty virus, they'd look a little vulnerable in several positions. Or, had that big head, dodgy beardy, waddling CUNT Robert Pires not pulled off the dive of last season against dear old Pompey, their run would have ended somewhat earlier. Still, good luck to them. Apart from Pires, CUNT.

(If only he hadn't added himself to Mad Johns Sin list, Fc.MonkExplosion could have been racing further ahead by now. Still, when I'm caught I will know who to blame)

mayer

well, i'm gonna have a fag and get down to a pub for the game.

may the best team* win.

*Arsenal

mayer

Regular John

chand

Well I must say I rather enjoyed that, chaps. Nice to see Wenger doing the complaining at the end rather than our fella.

With the occasional lapse, I thought we defended very well today. Heinze is looking very good.

qki

Well, I thought United just about deserved the win. The Arse completely surrendered the midfield in the second half - Vieira was invisible. And what a fucking game! I haven't enjoyed a match that much for a long time. It'll make the Prem a bit more interesting as well. Oh, and van Nistelrooy, Gary Neville, and Edu should all have been sent off.

mayer

you're probably right (about United edgeing it), but you should add Rio to your list...

not Visionmong standards, i know, i just knocked it up quick as you can say "Penalty at Old Trafford?!?! *Gasp*"

EDIT:

a news article posted at half time on a betting website...

QuoteRuud van Nistelrooy may have had a torrid time against Arsenal at Old Trafford last season, but referee Mike Riley is something of a lucky charm for the Dutch striker.

Spokesman Steve Freeth "That penalty miss must still be fresh in his mind, but he may get another chance on Sunday.

"Riley has awarded Man Utd an incredible SEVEN penalties in the six games that Ruud has started at Old Trafford.

make that eight in seven....

(but yeah, Arsenal certainly didn't deserve to win, and United's "passion" was enough to tip it).

qki

Rio, ah yes, slipped my mind. Vieira was treading on thin ice towards the end as well.

Oh, and it was an incredibly clear penalty, I don't see how anyone can claim otherwise. If you look at the replay Sol clearly knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on (a bit like Rooney, then), and puts on some half-hearted protests motivated more by embarrassment that righteousness.

I thought Mike Riley did well in the circumstances; he had a hell of a difficult job out there, although I think he could have taken control a bit quicker than he did. He made one or two mistakes but I think they balanced out.

Like it or not, Leeds United will be back one day!  
Hey, don't judge me too harshly, this is my first posting on this forum. Hi everyone.

weekender

Quote from: "mxyzptlk"Ooh, ooh, look at me, I haven't got any vowels in my username, look at me, look at me.

weekender's conscience* wishes to point out that it's bad enough for the poor fucker to be a Leeds fan, so he won't bait the new person again.

*weekender got told off by God for baiting newbies.  No, not Neil, it's not a cryptic message.  I have been chosen by the Lord to spread the word.  Seriously.  I was going to post about it, but I suspect that you heathens can't tell when something of this magnitude happens to someone, and you'd probably only mock me anyway.  God moves in mysterious ways.  Amen.

chand

Quote from: "qki"Oh, and it was an incredibly clear penalty, I don't see how anyone can claim otherwise. If you look at the replay Sol clearly knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on (a bit like Rooney, then), and puts on some half-hearted protests motivated more by embarrassment that righteousness.

Well, we'd have had the Ronaldo one if we hadn't got the first one, swings and roundabouts eh?

I think Rio didn't get sent off partly cos Ljungberg looked to have knocked it too far, and partly because they were both running at the same ball in such a way that a collision was pretty much inevitable.

Whatever, it was a good game. The big Arsenal players like Henry and Reyes were quiet, and Arsenal didn't make any real chances in the second half, which I'd like to think was down to a good performance by our back four.

Wenger was angry after the game, but his complaints were nowhere near as hilarious as Keegan's after the Newcastle-City game today. Hahahahaha. I love Keegan when he's righteous, the daft cock.

QuoteRiley has awarded Man Utd an incredible SEVEN penalties in the six games that Ruud has started at Old Trafford.

I can remember a good few of those and the only erroneous one I can think of was the one yesterday, which took about five slow motion replays before I realised that there had been no contact.  I think that the Cole on Ronaldo one was a penalty anyway, so it works itself out anyway.

Sol Campbell is such a whinger, I've just been reading on BBCi that he refused to shake Rooney's hand at the end, which is terribly unsporting (not that diving in the penalty box is particularly gentlemanly either, but that doesn't seem to bother his Arsenal collegue Robert Pires).  I remember a wee while ago he threw the toys out of his pram and said that the FA were picking on him because he was banned for three games for elbowing Ole Gunner Solksjaer in the face.  Yeah, I'm sure that the FA love victimising their best central defender, they can't get enough of it.  You sour-faced numpty.

Right, I always try and be balanced on these things, so I think Ruud should probably get a ban for stamping on Cole, I don't think it was a penalty and I don't like seeing players dive, even if they do it for my team and beat Arsenal as a result.  I'm still undecided as to whether Rio Ferdinand's shoulder charge was a foul or not, and if there's doubt then he shouldn't have sent him off, so I guess Riley got that right too.  

Still, hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

swinny

Seems that not losing for 49 games gives you the right to be the world's worst losers. Not shaking hands with other players and just ranting on like prima-donnas when, in my opinion, you've been beaten by a team that wanted it and deserved it more on the day just kinda shows them up to be the arrogant bunch of gits they are (which, i suppose is understandable).

As a neutral (albeit one who wanted Man Utd to win) I think Riley did a decent enough job of refereeing a tricky game - there were mistakes, but for both teams...he coulda sent off 2 from each side, but it would've just started a riot like last time and I think he was doing his best to avoid that. On first look, it was definately a penalty (although not so clear-cut on replays, you still don't stick ya leg out when you've been passed in the box!)...and the second one was a definite. As for the other niggles etc, no worse than any other premiership game, its just that its over-analysed and scrutinised between these 2 because of last years match.

The one real worry for me is Rooney - Fergie has got to get his attitude in check, cos he was jumping in every-time there was a fracas and lashing out all over the place and I fear it won't be long before things start to go horribly wrong if hes allowed to carry on like that.