Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Football]

Started by mayer, October 16, 2004, 03:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hands cold, liver warm

santini had the roundest eyes I've seen, they were like some kind of manga drawing

they are like painted ping pong balls stuck under his eye brows

hoverdonkey

I'm gutted. I really liked Santini. I thought he would be here for the stretch. Still, at least Arnesen is still there - he's the guy with the influence around Europe.

Gordon Strachan would be ace now.

the hum

Quote from: "hands cold, liver warm"santini had the roundest eyes I've seen, they were like some kind of manga drawing

they are like painted ping pong balls stuck under his eye brows

He also sports a very tall Euro 2004-themed hat..

It's Ridsdale, innit?  That's who it is - Ridsdale, bloody Ridsdale!

Beagle 2

England are making complete wazzocks out of themselves tonight, apart from the general awfulness of everyone, especially Beckham we're playing like 70's Leeds and kicking the crap out of them (mind you Spain have cottoned on to it and seem to have forgotton about playing football and are throwing themselves on the floor at every opportunity).

It's like we just couldn't accept we were being outplayed and threw out toys out of the pram. I was quite enjoying being given a proper test in a friendly and interested in how they would respond, but really, grow up lads.

Borboski

I agree, you know international football, especially freindlies, are a bit of a joke at the best of times, but that last twenty were just an absolute embarassment, one more example of the prima donna wankers we eulogise in this country... even before Rooney's antics, Neville has just kicked the fuck out of Reyes. Again.

I'd hoping so see Neville get absolutely skinned in the second half.

chand

Well I hope Shaun Wright-Phillips scores. It's weird and upsetting to hear black players booed, live on TV, in 2004.

Mr Colossal

Though it doesn't look they will, England have been completely outclassed and shown up.

Its a shame Sean Wright Phillips should suffer from Cole and Rooneys antics...

Earlier motty had hinted that there were racist chants toward Cole, but that was simply because hes a dirty twat.

It seems as if Sean wright has  been singled out though, but whats odd is that the 'monkey' chants  sound as if they are coming from one specific mic/section of the crowd. Its a  deliberate wind up  retaliation to Englands dirty play, but still uncalled for.

And whats with the MOTD crew not seeing Raul edge the ball to the side?

Huzzie

SWP suffered from Cole and Rooneys antics?

Are you fucking mad?

He suffered because LOL NO spanish crow.... oh fuck this. That was absolutely disgusting in every fucking respoect and I couldnt give a donkeys dick about ENgland. Sickening, every second of it, especiallythe crowd.

Quoting Collosos
"Earlier motty had hinted that there were racist chants toward Cole, but that was simply because hes a dirty twat. "

Idiot, idiot, stupid fucking idiot!

EDIT: You I was speaking to the Collosos. I can't stick Ashley Cole but you are a prick to think the reason he got that abuse was cause of his dirty tackles.

Fuck me, I hate that match so much I feel so depressed at the moment. Completely sickening.

I hate watching ENgland so much and I would so much rather have Graham Taylor back than Sven.

Mr Colossal

sorry, i must have been wearing my nazi hat again.

I dont think the game would have resorted to such a low level had Rooney and Cole , and Neville played like a bunch of niggley twats.

I hadnt heard any during the first half, when the game wasnt so heated.

Borboski

crikey when huzzie gets cross his typing goes right out the fucking window!

oh should I say right out LOL NO fucking window ho ho ho!!!?

chand

Good move by Eriksson to dramatically remove Rooney from the pitch, thus guaranteeing tomorrow's sensational 'from hero to villain' tabloid headlines for what amounted to one bad tackle and a stupid push.

QuoteIts a shame Sean Wright Phillips should suffer from Cole and Rooneys antics...

He got it from the second he came on because he's black. No-one has anything against Wright-Phillips as far as I know, he's made two substitute appearances for England and has only appeared in Europe in obscure early-round UEFA fixtures after City got in on fair play rules, so he has absolutely no history with the Spanish fans.

Huzzie

well you shoul;d have had LOL NO fucking volume on then souldnt you>?

Fucks sake!

They do rascist noises because he has made some dirty tackles??? How come they didnt make any spitting scouse noises at Rooney then?

They made rascist noises cause they are rascist cunts and Ashley Cole is black!

What really dissapoints me is the Spanish have not been like this (or at least this bad) for a long time. If it was the Italians then it would have been more expected but I have had a  lot of respect for LOL NO Spaniards for a long time.

NO respect for you though MR Collosos... oh no.

DonkeyRhubarb

Quote from: "Mr Colossal"

Earlier motty had hinted that there were racist chants toward Cole, but that was simply because hes a dirty twat.

No. They were the same 'monkey' chants that SWP was getting. I wonder what FIFA will do?

I'm not defending them but I think the problem in those mediteranean countries, especially Spain, Italy and Greece, is that there is no significant black population in any of them. We have moved on from the bad days of 70's ignorance. Our society is alot more intergrated, even the most bigoted racsists amongst us no that racsit behaviour will not be tolerated by the majority. In Spain it is still exceptable and because there is know significant black population then there are not enough voices of protest loud enough to make an impact.

chand

Quote from: "Mr Colossal"I dont think the game would have resorted to such a low level had Rooney and Cole , and Neville played like a bunch of niggley twats.

Bad choice of words at the end there. Anyway, whatever Cole did, fucking MONKEY NOISES? There's no excuse for that shit.

Huzzie

Yeah. I agree Chand.

Also, notice the way the camera stayed zoomed in on Rooney in his suit when they noticed a beer glass in his hand?

The Sun
Thurs 18th

Rooney backlash begins here

"Black armband thrown down by BAD BASTARD!!"

rjpeters

Two words sum up pretty much every aspect of tonights game pretty well.

Fucking. Pathetic.

The England performance, the Spanish fans, Rooney's attitude (he really has become a true Man Utd player hasn't he?). We missed Gerrard and Campbell badly.

Quote from: "Huzzie"I hate watching England so much and I would so much rather have Graham Taylor back than Sven.
Now, Now. We all say silly things when we're angry.

Mr Colossal

But can you honestly say he would have got the same treatment had the England team not played like a bunch of spoil sports?

I got the impression it was more of a deliberate attempt to rile England, what with them training in the 'racism, lets kick it out of football kits' paraded round the media during the build up.

It did seem more directed at Wright-Phillips than Rio, Jenas, Cole and Defoe  though, perhaps becasue of his more darker Nigerian appearence.

Huzzie

Quote from: "DonkeyRhubarb"
Quote from: "Mr Colossal"

is that there is no significant black population in any of them.

Thats bollocks as well.

Spain has a huge North African population.

Maybe not the varied community of London but huge in comparison to most UK cities none the less.

chand

Quote from: "rjpeters"Rooney's attitude (he really has become a true Man Utd player hasn't he?).

I think dragging him off for show five minutes from half-time wasn't the best way to calm the situation. He'll have been wanting to get some shots in and play football and instead he gets hauled off right when it would most piss him off.

chand

Quote from: "Mr Colossal"But can you honestly say he would have got the same treatment had the England team not played like a bunch of spoil sports?

Well, it happened at the Under-21 game too.

Huzzie

Quote from: "Mr Colossal"But can you honestly say he would have got the same treatment had the England team not played like a bunch of spoil sports?

I got the impression it was more of a deliberate attempt to rile England, what with them training in the 'racism, lets kick it out of football kits' paraded round the media during the build up.

It did seem more directed at Wright-Phillips than Rio, Jenas, Cole and Defoe  though, perhaps becasue of his more darker Nigerian appearence.

Firstly. They were too thick to realise Rio and Jenus were black.

No offence but they were at it as soon as the game kicked off. YOu may be right in that it was more concentrated because of the shirts but it was going on before any bad tackle (of which I wish there were much more)

jannetty

Was that a bottle of beer Rooney had in his hand when they showed him watching the second half?

"I'm not quite sure what he has in his hand" said Motson

Huzzie

RJpeters. I don't follow ENgland [articually anyway. I'm a Manchester United fan that is what matters to me, England come some distance after Hyde United:-)

DonkeyRhubarb

Quote from: "Huzzie"

Also, notice the way the camera stayed zoomed in on Rooney in his suit when they noticed a beer glass in his hand?

Was it a beer? I just thought it was a funny bottle of Spanish water.

If it was a beer you know the gutter press are gonna have a field day.

Huzzie

Yeah and you could see his mates there telling him the camera was on him, to which Rooneys reaction
"shii, ya jochhhhin ann ya!!!???!"

You could definately see them telling him to put the bottle down and after a few worried glances towards the camera he did just that.

rjpeters

Quote from: "chand"
Quote from: "rjpeters"Rooney's attitude (he really has become a true Man Utd player hasn't he?).

I think dragging him off for show five minutes from half-time wasn't the best way to calm the situation. He'll have been wanting to get some shots in and play football and instead he gets hauled off right when it would most piss him off.
The way he was going, he would have been off before half-time. So really there was no option but to haul him off. I agree, couple more minutes nearer half time and maybe he might have stayed on. But as Lawro said, the red mist had descended and once that happens with Rooney, there's no stopping him. sadly. Just hope he grows up a bit before the next world cup.

As for SWP, it was clearly him they were goading. The large North African population in Spain is from the likes of Morocco and Algeria, where people of Cole's and Ferdinands colour are very common. I don't think Cole's arseing about had anything to do with it. Let's hope FIFA and UEFA come down on the Spaniards like a ton of bricks.

Mr Colossal

I thought it was a fancy bottle of sparkling water or something... It looked very wine like, but was blue.

I guess the papers will have a lot of excuses tommorow. I dont think any england player, besides robinson had an even 'average ' performance.

How many shots on target were there? i cant think of any.