Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,402
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The "Ripe for the Monging" thread

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, October 16, 2004, 11:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

I've been thinking about the idea of having a thread specifically for posting images that you think would make good monging material.  I have no idea if such a thread would work, but how about we give it a try?  On your travels around the interweb, if you find an image you think would be ripe for the monging, post it here.

Here's the first:

Krang

are we supposed to post mongs? or there could be 1 for images ripe for the monging, and a seperate thread for the banquet.

Theyd probably need to be sticky though. Nice idea for a thread, i dont have any pre-mong stuff though, but if i did, id put it here

fanny splendid

Sivead

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Sivead"

Took a while for that one to click! Very good, though. :-)

dan p

The screen shot of the missing scene from Fire Walk With Me on one of the other threads, showing the armless Sheriff and Chris Isaac fighting, made me wonder about the possibilities of a Fire Walk With Me: Deleted Scenes Mong. However, I've been too lazy to attempt it. Does anyone have any great ideas about scenes *should* be in the movie?

Jemble Fred

Isn't that a young Peter Cook on the far right, back row?

terminallyrelaxed

Cerys

You're both wrong.  It is, in fact, my dad.  Before the nose thing happened.

terminallyrelaxed

Aah the Nose Thing. How well I remember that fateful day - how little we imagined how our world would change henceforth....

Does anyone have a clue what she's on about this time?

poison popcorn

noses were only formally acknowledged in 1956, before which everyone believed them to be an unpleasant after effect of the plague.

Cerys

Thank goodness someone else knows about this.  I've been so lonely.

poison popcorn

Quote from: "Cerys"Thank goodness someone else nose about this.  I've been so lonely.

ahahahaaaa....

Beagle 2

You're nostril on about that are you? I dunno hooter blame.

Cambrian Times

Oh no, these nose jokes are going to run until next Septum-ber.

poison popcorn

what have i done...

at least these jokes are ni-sneezy

Still Not George

I prefer making these terrible jokes to going back to my job back at the ol'factory.

(I'm so, so sorry)

slim

Don't worry, this thread'll conk out soon enough.

untitled_london

untitled_london

fanny splendid

Without evidence from the abused partner?

Surely not? Without any evidence, there wouldn't be a crime?

Jet Set Willy

I read that as "big hitler" about 10 times before I realised what it really said. I thought it was a bit unPC!

Cerys

I think it means that the legal case doesn't depend on getting the victim to make a complaint....

fanny splendid

Yes, I presumed that was what it meant. That some neighbour would phone the pigs so that she could watch Coronation Street without interruption.

So the police come along and arrest the beater: then what? Without the beatee getting involved, there's no case.

Cerys

Unless they can get the nosey neighbour to testify, which I suspect is the point.

Jet Set Willy

"I heard screaming and thumping on the wall"

"we were having sex"

"which one?"

Cerys

I never said it was infallible....

As an aside, did anyone else hear about the 999 call made 'accidentally' by a couple who were in the throes of passion?  All the operator could make out were the sounds of a woman 'in apparent distress', and a man in the background.  Heh.

thomasina

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Yes, I presumed that was what it meant. That some neighbour would phone the pigs so that she could watch Coronation Street without interruption.

So the police come along and arrest the beater: then what? Without the beatee getting involved, there's no case.
They could still theoretically make a case with the evidence of the neighbour and the police officers.  The way it used to go, there could be 10 witnesses to an attack and the beatee would be asked whether she/he wanted to press charges.  If she/he didn't, the whole thing would go away, which is just ridiculous.  As it is now, if the victim and the abuser both know the prosecution's going ahead anyway, it reduces the risk of further abuse in order to get the victim to drop the charges.  It also means that the abused one can be forced to testify (and can tell the abuser this, thus making it easier for him/her to do so).

fanny splendid

So evidence is now hearsay, and the reaction to hearsay?

I know how to hurt someone without leaving a mark. What you're saying is, I don't have to go to the bother now?