Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Reviews & Discussion *Pew Pew*

Started by Crabwalk, December 17, 2015, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on January 07, 2017, 09:41:45 PM

You can always rely on Denzel Washington to step in and save the day!

New page yet another page to this endless thread.

mothman

Only another 11 months to go on this one then. Maybe a new thread when the first trailer appears, or - this will presumably happen first - they announce the name?

Replies From View

I wonder if they'll modify episode VIII before release so that it doesn't set up strands for IX they've had to abort after Carrie Fisher's death.

Custard

Surely Rilo Kiley will off his mum now too?

He'd get proper hissy boos then

mothman

I wonder... if The LEGO Batman Movie shows the concept has legs, is more than a one-off... could we see a LEGO Star Wars Movie being included in the spin-offs roster? It seems unlikely that Disney would go for it, it's too irreverent in tone (I wish I'd seen more of the LEGO Star Wars TV show, it seemed fun - but my exposure to it was limited so I'm prepared to be contradicted on that!).

greenman

Quote from: mothman on January 08, 2017, 05:34:56 PM
I wonder... if The LEGO Batman Movie shows the concept has legs, is more than a one-off... could we see a LEGO Star Wars Movie being included in the spin-offs roster? It seems unlikely that Disney would go for it, it's too irreverent in tone (I wish I'd seen more of the LEGO Star Wars TV show, it seemed fun - but my exposure to it was limited so I'm prepared to be contradicted on that!).

I wouldn't be surprised but it obviously wouldn't be marketed as a spinoff like Rogue One anymore than the Lego Batman is linked to current DC films.

Glebe

A Statement Regarding New Rumors.

QuoteWe don't normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher's performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars.

Good.

Boss Nass Warned George Lucas about Jar Jar Binks (Brian Blessed Interview).

You can never have enough Brian Blessed.

Star Wars Episode VII - Deleted Scene Chewbacca ripping off Unkar Plutt's arm (2017).

Crikey.

George Lucas' Museum Is Bringing These Rare 'Star Wars' Pieces to Los Angeles.

Nice!

Mark Hamill and His Return of the Jedi Prop Lightsaber Reunite in Pop Culture Quest Clip.

Gosh!

momatt

Thanks for the links Glebe.  I love that Pop Culture Quest show.

Glebe

Quote from: momatt on January 17, 2017, 09:40:56 AM
Thanks for the links Glebe.  I love that Pop Culture Quest show.

I''ve only seen the first episode, but it's a corker, with that visit to the DC offices and that.

momatt

Second one was even better for me.  I enjoyed the DC one, but I'm not a huge fan of them.  Second episode is all about Godzilla and mental toy collectors.  I love giant lizards and toys.

Looking forward to the 3rd episode anyway.  Mark Hamill is such a cool dude.

Kelvin

Quote from: momatt on January 17, 2017, 04:27:15 PM
Looking forward to the 3rd episode anyway.  Mark Hamill is such a cool dude.

If you like Hamill, I strongly recommend listening to Kevin Smith's interview with him, for Fatman on Batman. It really was a revelation to me, learning how much energy and enthusiasm Hamill has for everything. I'd always imagined him to be the quiet sort, for some reason, but it's actually incredibly hard to shut him up. He's the only interviewee that I ever heard talk Kevin Smith under the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8XK4BBNIw

mobias

Quote from: Kelvin on January 17, 2017, 05:45:48 PM
If you like Hamill, I strongly recommend listening to Kevin Smith's interview with him, for Fatman on Batman. It really was a revelation to me, learning how much energy and enthusiasm Hamill has for everything. I'd always imagined him to be the quiet sort, for some reason, but it's actually incredibly hard to shut him up. He's the only interviewee that I ever heard talk Kevin Smith under the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8XK4BBNIw

Its definitely nice to see his career get a bit of rejuvenation thanks to Star Wars again. He always seemed like a cool dude underneath it all but I got the impression that in the darkest years of his long dormant career he didn't ingratiate himself with some people. He would only give Star Wars related interviews for money and would certainly never appear at Star Wars conventions without being paid a large fee. People thought he was being overly greedy but I guess he was just a bit sick of people making money at his expense and he needed to earn money himself somehow. 

I love how he won't give out autographs unless he makes them personalised and usually quite humorous so as to stop people reselling them on eBay.

St_Eddie

A video of Darth Vader with little orphan Annie's voice, which elicited a chuckle or ten out of me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_H3_g9PhnM

Quote from: mobias on January 17, 2017, 06:36:56 PMIts definitely nice to see his career get a bit of rejuvenation thanks to Star Wars again. He always seemed like a cool dude underneath it all but I got the impression that in the darkest years of his long dormant career he didn't ingratiate himself with some people. He would only give Star Wars related interviews for money and would certainly never appear at Star Wars conventions without being paid a large fee. People thought he was being overly greedy but I guess he was just a bit sick of people making money at his expense and he needed to earn money himself somehow.

I always thought the same too.  I also suspected that for a period during the 90s and start of the new millennium, there was probably a part of Mark Hamill, whom was slightly bitter in regards to Harrison Ford's career skyrocketing after Star Wars, whilst Hamill's career was regulated to mostly appearing in relatively low rent science-fiction such as Slipstream and the Wing Commander games[nb]For the record, I should clarify that I'm a fan of the Wing Commander games... Slipstream; significantly less so.[/nb].  Who really knows though... other than Hamill himself, of course.

Glebe

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 20, 2017, 03:47:50 PMA video of Darth Vader with little orphan Annie's voice, which elicited a chuckle or ten out of me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_H3_g9PhnM

Heh... and then of course there's that old chestnut Snatch Wars.

'Star Wars gibbon' is new primate species.

QuoteIt has been named the Skywalker hoolock gibbon

Fuck me.

Also, this is rather chucklesome:

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on January 23, 2017, 12:59:21 AM
Also, this is rather chucklesome:

Quite a niche crossover with A Question of Sport, that.

madhair60