Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you ever been hypnotised?

Started by Emergency Lalla Ward Ten, February 15, 2004, 10:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

In a clinical/therapeutic sense, I mean, rather than being made to squark like a chicken or whatever.

What was it like? Is it true that you remain completely conscious of what you're doing throughout? So what stops you saying 'Hang on, I'm being hypnotised, this is bullshit' (much like one might do while trying to meditate) and the session not working?

Can you use it as a panacea to blitz all your anxieties and phobias in one go? Or is that hypnotherapy myth number one?

And how much did you pay?

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"In a clinical/therapeutic sense, I mean, rather than being made to squark like a chicken or whatever.

What was it like? Is it true that you remain completely conscious of what you're doing throughout? So what stops you saying 'Hang on, I'm being hypnotised, this is bullshit' (much like one might do while trying to meditate) and the session not working?

Can you use it as a panacea to blitz all your anxieties and phobias in one go? Or is that hypnotherapy myth number one?

And how much did you pay?

No and I never will.

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Can you use it as a panacea to blitz all your anxieties and phobias in one go? Or is that hypnotherapy myth number one?

I've had no personal experience, but one of my former colleagues ( a slightly dim girl, it's true) did a hypnotheray session in conjunction with something at London Zoo to cure her arachnophobia and it worked for her.

Bogey

No, but I would do it.
What are the worries?

El Unicornio, mang

My mum knew a guy who went to a show and the hypnotist told him he was Billy the Kid. Unfortunately, he was unable to snap him out of it and he ended up in a mental hospital. My mum went to some charity thing there and she had to dance with him, he was wearing a cowboy hat and had plastic guns on a belt. Very weird.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Bah phobias are generally VERY easy to treat just by continued exposure. That hypnotherapy managed it is no big feat.

TOCMFIC

I'm not very susceptible. I've had people try, but my brain is always there going "Are you supposed to do what they ask? Or do I just go along with it for a laugh?" I overanalyse it.