Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Music VHS and DVD (plus links to online videos)

Started by mr rou-rou, February 15, 2004, 10:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr rou-rou

a bit like the old thread we had for P2P MTV

but this first post is an excuse to ask if this is the Can dvd that was out the tail end of last year?? I know some whores bought it

I don't know if European Son has remembered there's a queue of whores (you wish) lining up to see the encoded Weekender video.

I own very few music videos, but I love watching things like MTV or online sites, words and pictures and all that.

What are people looking forward to (Pixies DVD being one) or have in their collection?

Mine is Pavement's - slow century, a documentary on the band and two live concerts, one from Manchester even, and the videos.

this is pretty cool, the black and white 1929 'a man with a movie camera' redubbed by the Cinematic Orchestra, nice and jazzy, plus its an interesting watch

european son

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"I don't know if European Son has remembered there's a queue of whores (you wish) lining up to see the encoded Weekender video.

not forgotten, the VHS is still back in london... i've just been avoiding going home, but i've promised me mum and dad that i'll be home sometime in early March, and i'll pick it up when i'm there.

sorry it's late and that.

fanny splendid

The pavement one looks good.

I'm hoping this comes out soon.

QuoteStorm Over Asia

Pioneer and genius Soviet director VSEVOLOD PUDOVKIN's 1928 classic formalist b&w silent film "Storm over Asia - the Heir to Genghis Khan" - now a fully 144-minutes long, uncut and uncensored - will be toured by YAT-KHA across the wide open steppes of the United States, the West Coast and Eastern Seaboard. On the side of the stage, YAT-KHA half-facing the screen, this is the original DIRECTOR's CUT- with original language live lip-sync and with improvised music and songs as a true Tuvan score to a film that the people of Tuva saw, in Tuva.

More info can be found here. There's some other interesting stuff there, too.

mr rou-rou

have you heard of this fanny

http://www.genghisblues.com/

I had a copy but some eeijt had ripped it with some other audio track over it so it became unwatchable, it was like sitting through an orchestral recital with some twats sat behind you chattering away, I must try and get a proper watch.

p.s no worries European Son, the wait will make it all the sweeter

QuoteWhat are people looking forward to (Pixies DVD being one) or have in their collection?

I hate to do more TMBG gushing (no I don't really), but I got

for christmas, and it really is excellent, a masterclass on how to pack out a DVD: full commentary, videos, outtakes, live stuff. Excellent. The documentary itself is only 'quite good' though, as it seems to skip over large parts of their history, and one of the contributors has a really annoying voice.

I'd also like to big up B&S'

Not really a documentary, more like a scrapbook of stuff, nearly all of it interesting, even if thir videos aren't very good.

Rats

Yeah I didn't think much of gigantic but it's worth the price for the live version of fingertips alone so I'm happy. The Fall Perverted by language bis/live at leeds is really good and that disc full of bjorks videos is smashing.

mr rou-rou

the new Michel Gondry one

http://capitolrecords.com/steriogram/walkietalkieman/

does he like the music I wonder? it's pants, nice wool action though

splattermac

the Laurent Garnier mix in another thread reminded me about his short oddball music video/film called Nightmare Sandwiches, the first track is ok but the winner is 'crispy bacon' , the second track.

http://www.laurentgarnier.com/pgs/video.htm (you can watch the high quality one at x2 size just fine)

shame this version doesn't feature subtitles

Darrell

I like the Pulp one.

Gah, now I know how some of you feel in Comedy Chat...

Pilf

I hate to bring Cardiacs into this but my favourites are:

and of course the classic All that glitters is a mare's nest

Other than that, looking forward to getting the Can and TMBG ones

elderford

Mr Rou Rou, have you discovered the easter egg on the Pavement DVD?

...also, does your documentary go a bit fucky around the point where Gary Young is leaving?

Morrisfan82

Should be a goodun, it's out (provisionally) on March 23rd, the same day as the Blue Album deluxe edition. Colour me moist...

Spaced Cadet

Yes thats the Can DVD Spattermac. Buy it now, it's excellent and has loads of "quality" extra features. It makes me want to buy a Huf Haus and go German.

splattermac

Quote from: "elderford"Mr Rou Rou, have you discovered the easter egg on the Pavement DVD?

...also, does your documentary go a bit fucky around the point where Gary Young is leaving?

Hi, I sent my first one back because there was a green pixelation sort of thing, I can't remember when it happened but that about describes it. I've not watched the main documentary since so I'll have to have a look.

and no I've not found any hidden goodies, how do I do that then?

Re the Can CD, I've got it queued up to rent from the lovefilm.com website I joined, I'm looking forward to that. I've also queued a Frank Zappa and Air one, nice.

edit: I googled it, ta dah

Quote1. Two Live Songs
On Disc 1, go to the documentary main page
Select "Main Menu"
Press LEFT arrow
The letter P should now be selected, press ENTER

splattermac

Realplayer - Video for Peaches ft Iggy Pop - Kick it

Peaches and Iggy casually battle the zombies

I've got my tickets to see the mad hirsute Berliner play Manchester, can't wait :))

other videos from her website http://www.peachesrocks.com/

european son

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"
p.s no worries European Son, the wait will make it all the sweeter

tis in the post on the way to bluejammer as of last week.

splattermac

he is having a whore of a time encoding it, the video has parkinsons.

We'll see what the end result is.

mr rou-rou

from 1999, I didn't even know it existed until I thought I might like to see air perform live, if only on DVD as I didn't want to fork out £25 for the unknown to see them play Manchester this time around, (has anyone seen them, are they good, anyone seen this lastest tour, should I be kicking myself?)

So this DVD features a short black and white documentary, its almost the antithesis of the lush production that drips from their studio albums, this is a raw oddball amateurish work with the sound quality of a £5 stereo.

Still it has its moments, all subdued and detached and could be counted on one hand, its almost as if Nic and JB were too polite to refuse a team of student doc makers access to their moon safari tour. If you watch it or have seen it you may share similar views,

I couldn't help think about the black and white Bob Dylan docu which is definitely worth a watch, this almost seemed to be following suit but with some pythonesque moments where a film crew is following a man through the woods, introduced by titles saying 'and now a woods near to the air studio'

Dog's dinner springs to mind, so why did I like it? :)

mr rou-rou

here's another,

good old Frenchies Phoenix appear to be resurfacing, probably due to a couple of films using their faux disco classic 'too young'

but this is good news for the likes of me who has been wishing for a follow up to their debut album 'united' since 2000.

here's a realplayer video for what I'm hoping is a single off a soon to be announced album

is this just my thread then? do none of the rest of you like watching videos online?

mr rou-rou

Just in case you were interested in further Phoenix news, they have announced they are playing Manchester 25 May 2004 at 19:30 here , whether this leads to dates elsewhere then god knows, hehe, can't wait :)

european son

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"here's a realplayer video for what I'm hoping is a single off a soon to be announced album

that's quite nice that....

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"
is this just my thread then? do none of the rest of you like watching videos online?

not that often... realstreaming is so stop and start it does my head in.... i'm told there's a way of saving the fuckers but i don't exactly know how (something about something called Streambox?)

edit: any luck with the shakey weekender VHS?

mr rou-rou

here's one

Ween - the mollusk, lego animation

6mb realplayer

dirty big mpeg 17mb

nice one almost yearly for correcting my mistake in thinking Ween were Weezer,

Weezer boo hiss rubbish, Ween, bloody marvellous shenanigans

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Quote from: "elderford"Mr Rou Rou, have you discovered the easter egg on the Pavement DVD?

Oohh...where is this please?

mr rou-rou

Quote1. Two Live Songs
On Disc 1, go to the documentary main page
Select "Main Menu"
Press LEFT arrow
The letter P should now be selected, press ENTER

edit: oo oo oo I don't know where to post this,

PHOENIX NEW ALBUM !!! PHOENIX NEW ALBUM, aaaaiiiiieeee

http://www.wearephoenix.com/

I didn't even know a video for 'Funky Squaredance'  existed, its on that site, ITS ON THAT SITE!! and so is 'heatwave' that those buggers DB Boulevard scored a chart hit with, albeit with vocals and a different name.

Spiteface

I love this good Siamese Dream-era live performances the best of which are the electric version of Disarm from the Word in 1993 and Silverfuck live in london 1994.

The bonus bit "The unbearable likeness of Manny" is superb as well, it's basically an extended version of the in-studio footage. Best bit is when Billy Corgan and Butch Vig are showing Manny Chevrolet the gear they're using on the album

Billy: Imagine screaming your guts out. That's what this pedal does.
Butch: We run everything through it!

mr rou-rou

cheers for the bjork clip, she looked very nice and can do it live,

- - -

I'm a sucker for the French house sound, so I'm pleased to find a video for

Alan Braxe and Fred Falke's - Rubicon (realplayer) - this would be so nice loud and in a club full of bewdiful laydees

+ two bird related ones

Divine Comedy - Come home Billy bird

Mountaineers - I gotta sing evil chickens

Bollock Chops

The Pixies DVD is out Monday. Play are already shipping (£9.99).