Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Music VHS and DVD (plus links to online videos)

Started by mr rou-rou, February 15, 2004, 10:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr rou-rou

I kiss your face, ordered it now :)

I <3 Pixies

I *sweaty bollocks* Pixies

imitationleather

Ooh. Anyone seen this? Looks like it's worth a flutter to me.

QuoteLater with Jools Holland - Cool Britannia

1. Ash - Shining Light
2. Blur - Tender
3. British Sea Power - Remember Me
4. Catatonia - Bleed
5. Coldplay - In My Place
6. Cornershop - Brimful Of Asha
7. Doves - The Cedar Room
8. Echo And The Bunnymen - Nothing Lasts Forever
9. Elastica - Connection
10. Elbow - Fugitive Model
11. Embrace - All You Good Good People
12. Feeder - Just The Way I'm Feeling
13. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
14. Keane - This Is The Last Time
15. Manic Street Preachers - A Design For Life
16. Morrissey - Boy Racer
17. Oasis - I Am The Walrus
18. Paul Weller - Sunflower
19. Primal Scream - Movin' On Up
20. Pulp - Disco 2000
21. Radiohead - The Bends
22. Spiritualized - Come Together
23. Starsailor - Good Souls
24. Stereophonics - More Life In A Tramps Vest
25. Suede - So Young
26. Super Furry Animals - Something For The Weekend
27. Supergrass - Caught By The Fuzz
28. 22-20s - Devil In Me
29. The Beta Band - Human Being
30. The Charlatans - Just When You're Thinkin' Things Over
31. The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
32. The Libertines - Up The Bracket
33. The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
34. Travis - All I Wanna Do Is Rock

Putting the bands in alphabetical order was a bit unimaginative though...

And the Stereophonics?! Honestly Jools, what were you thinking?

mr rou-rou

was someone asking for

NIN's Happiness in Slavery video?

http://www.nin.com/visuals/index.html

my interest came about after watching this documentary about Bob Flanagan who happens to star in the video, good film by the way, intense.

I've tried the methods I know for saving the file types but I can't seem to save the realplayer file, anyone know how?

mr rou-rou

I've been waiting to see this for ages because I like the song so much :( it's alright I suppose, if only people didn't have noses, the eyes would take over the face, mutiny!

realplayer - Blonde Redhead - Equus

mr rou-rou

nice video with attitude from Mark Romanek for Jay-Z, tiny glimpse of Vincent Gallo as well

here - quicktime

oo I didn't know a video for this existed, Kim Gordon and Kim Deal duet on Sonic Youth's 'little troubled girl'

mr rou-rou

from Morning Becomes Eclectic ( http://www.kcrw.com/show/mb )

Dresden Dolls - Half Jack (starts at 30:04 finishes at 37:23)

I like this track so it's great to see her actually perform it, crumbs she gives me the horn, but respectful music appreciation horn not the dirty common or garden variety.

edit:

short film about a jellyfish for One for the Freaks by the Notwist

http://keithschofield.com/

Lumiere

Rubbish Monkey

hello,

bought this today..

have a web link while we are at it....
http://www.directorslabel.com/chris_cunningham.html

as you might be able to tell its the dvd of director Chris Cunningham.
it comes with a nice little book of photos, cover art, and an interview with the fella.

some top notch music video action on the dvd as well as a few other works he has done....

contents ahoy!....

Music Videos
Second Bad Vilbel - AUTECHRE
Come To Daddy - APHEX TWIN
Only You - PORTISHEAD
Frozen - MADONNA
Afrika Shox - LEFTFIELD feat. AFRIKA BAMBAATAA
Come On My Selector - SQUAREPUSHER
Windowlicker - APHEX TWIN
All Is Full Of Love - BJORK
Making All Is Full Of Love - Featuring behind the scenes footage and interview with Bjork and Chris Cunningham

Other Work
Monkey Drummer - video installation. Featuring music by Aphex Twin
Flex - excerpt from video installation. Featuring music by Aphex Twin
Mental Wealth - Sony Playstation commercial
Photocopier - Never seen Levis commercial
Engine - Nissan commercial. Featuring music by Boards of Canada
Windowlicker - Bleeped version

Rats

fanny splendid

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"have you heard of this fanny

http://www.genghisblues.com/

I had a copy but some eeijt had ripped it with some other audio track over it so it became unwatchable, it was like sitting through an orchestral recital with some twats sat behind you chattering away, I must try and get a proper watch.

Despite my failure to reply, I had noticed the recommendation, and I finally got to see it this morning.

I thought it was excellent, very open and honest. If you still want a copy, I can burn one off for you. The format is .ogm, which VLC player moans about, but still plays perfectly fine. I have dvd burning capabilities now, so if you want anything else, just let me know.

weekender

If anyone's interested, I've got hold of a legit copy of Flowered Up's 'Weekender' video, which seems to be of very good quality (despite the fact that the video itself has melted in the corner).  If anyone can cap this, I'd be most grateful, and I can certainly help host/seed it.  I can copy onto a blank VHS as well, which should solve any copy protection problems.

mr rou-rou

blue jammer tried to rip Mayer's copy but it was possessed and it just wasn't happening.

I'm not sure if he would have another go at a better copy, I think maybe a more experienced converter of such things would have a better result.

Agreed that it would be a top item for sharing, I would dearly love a rip of it.

- -

yes please fanny, I'll post you a little random number in exchange, name and address on a PM etc, cheers

mr rou-rou

bad cover of Joy Division's she's lost control put to a smutty video of a dominatrix working over a George Bush lookalike.

Agent Provocateur Lingerie video

mr rou-rou

got this through today,

bastard thing won't play on my DVD player or PC DVD player, but it works fine on my mates :/ so buyer beware. The only thing I can think of is that it advertises the audio as 24-BIT PCM, I'm guessing both my systems can't cope with this.

QuoteDVD Release Date: June 8, 2004

DVD Features:
Videos: Dirty Boots, Tunic (Song for Karen), Mary-Christ, Kool Thing, Mote, My Friend Goo, Disappearer, Mildred Pierce, Cinderella's Big Score, Scooter & Jinx, Titanium Expose, 100%, Sugar Kane, Youth Against Fascism, Bull in the Heather, Superstar, Little Trouble Girl, The Diamond Sea, Sunday, Hoarfrost, Nevermind (What Was It Anyway), The Empty Page, Disconnect

Commentary by Sonic Youth

Commentary by the directors (Spike Jonze, Harmony Kornine...) and other collaborators

Spike Jonze sonic photo memory montage

"My Sonic Room": fan letter film document by Patty Orsini

Unedited Interviews, etc...

Full-screen format

Rubbish Monkey

thats the one thats had problems with the PAL version isn't it?

The offical site don't offer much in the way of an explanation either....

QuoteFirst and foremost, we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Rather than bore you with a long technical explanation of the problem, we thought it best to just give a brief account of the SOLUTION.

Basically – new, corrected dvd's are being manufactured for the affected territories and should be in stores within 2-3 weeks (we will post a more specific date here when the information is available). Once the corrected discs are in the stores, anyone holding a faulty copy will be able to exchange it for a fresh, new, trouble-free copy.

bah!

mr rou-rou

thanks for the information RM, I hope this means my exchange with play.com will be a breeze.

I think you are one of the turbo jugend are you not?

There's an mpg of this floating around, if you have trouble finding it I can send you a copy, but it's not the best quality, but for a fan it's still good fun, some good shit from Hank and Happy Tom :)

I'd like the DVD but the Germans flogging it on ebay won't ship to the UK and I don't really want to import it from America, I think I'll get my German dictionary out and get begging.

mr rou-rou

one for Wire fans

QuoteWire to Release Classic 1979 Concert on CD/DVD

Wire are no strangers to their own history; during their 1990s hiatus, they released two archival collections of unheard 70s material (1995's Behind the Curtain and 1996's weirder Turns and Strokes), remade/remodeled their iconic "12XU" as "Twelve Times You" in 2000, and even named their new label Pink Flag. But in general, if it's not being chopped up, reimagined or otherwise transformed, they've tended toward full-blown past-o-phobia. (They famously brought a Wire cover band on tour with them in the 80s, having no intention of playing songs from their old repertoire themselves.)

But hey, why bother with a 27-year run of uncompromising innovation if you don't throw the fans a bone every so often? In October, Pink Flag will release On the Box: 1979, a DVD/CD set documenting Wire's February '79 appearance on German television. The show was filmed halfway between the release of Chairs Missing (Pitchfork's #33 album of the '70s) and 154 (#85), and, like stone tablets bearing artsy-punksy commandments, those two albums supply most of the setlist's material. The DVD will contain the entire concert as originally broadcast on the show RockPalast, plus an unreleased interview taped at the same time. Fans with a deathgrip on their VHS decks face a mixed blessing: the package will also include a CD with freshly mastered audio of the concert, but for now there are no plans to sell said CD separately.

This concert has long been a favorite of fans and bootleggers for its energy and sound quality, not to mention its mere existence-- few other Wire shows from that era have survived in full, and none of them were filmed with a crowd of German longhairs looking on appreciatively. Re-transferred and remastered, the set may end human strife as we know it, with little children of all nations joining hands to scream "facial movements betray!" into the ears of their joyously sobbing parents. Here's a tracklist from the original broadcast, with the caveat that it hasn't been confirmed as matching the new DVD:

01 Another The Letter
02 The 15th
03 Practice Makes Perfect
04 Two People In A Room
05 I Feel Mysterious Today
06 Being Sucked In Again
07 Once Is Enough
08 Blessed State
09 A Question Of Degree
10 Single K.O.
11 Mercy
12 40 Versions
13 Former Airline
14 A Touching Display
15 French Film Blurred
16 Men 2nd
17 Map Ref. 41° N 93° W
18 Heartbeat
19 Pink Flag

If you can't wait until October, Posteverything.com will have copies for mailorder-- and we quote-- "VERY SOON". OKAY COOL BYE.

.: Pitchfork Review: Wire: Send
.: Wire: http://www.pinkflag.com
.: PostEverything: http://www.posteverything.com

Dr David V

Can someone tell me where you can get this:

... in the UK, without having to spend £24 at HMV? (NB. Playusa.com don't ship music dvds to the UK)

Dr David V

For fucks sake, I looked on eBay, came up with nothing. What am I doing wrong? I've no idea. Oh well, cheers Rou.

Dr David V

Hooray! £14 from some guy in America. Now to play the waiting game...

lazyhour

Hope this is the right place to put this.  It's Joanna Newsom's video for "Sprout And The Bean."

http://www.dragcity.com/video/JNewsom_sm.mov

About 3.7MB big, and brilliant.

I <3 Joanna Newsom.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "mr suit"in quicktime unfortunately, but it's great anyway.

Le Tigre - Deceptacon

Is that the singer out of Bikini Kill?

mr suit

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
Is that the singer out of Bikini Kill?

yep!

joFFeman

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"thanks for the information RM, I hope this means my exchange with play.com will be a breeze.

I think you are one of the turbo jugend are you not?

There's an mpg of this floating around, if you have trouble finding it I can send you a copy, but it's not the best quality, but for a fan it's still good fun, some good shit from Hank and Happy Tom :)

I'd like the DVD but the Germans flogging it on ebay won't ship to the UK and I don't really want to import it from America, I think I'll get my German dictionary out and get begging.

need.

joFFeman

snog: adventures in capitalism

i'm a huge snog fan (ah, you're not that huge). the videos thrussell puts out are great, but the best thing about this is it's basically a greatest-hits collection in video form. also, there are some extras, silly ones that don't really amount to much. it includes stuff from the latest album; s'only released about a year ago. really good stuff.

The Human Germ
    Are You Normal Enough?
    Fill My Hole
    Late 10th Century Boy
    Real Estate Man
    Hooray!!
    Make the Little Flowers Grow
    Empires
    Cliché
    Hey, Christian God
    Born To Be Mild
    Shop
    Corporate Slave
go to your favourite online retailer for it. here are amazon links for folks who are lazy.
amazon.co.uk link (pretty much out of stock)
amazon.com link (in stock but region 1 dvd)

mr suit

Quote from: "splattermac"new Spike Jonze video for Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Y Control

what's with that? i know they played it on Letterman recently too, but the track's over a year old... surely they should be getting it together for the follow up to Fever To Tell by now? ('tis a lovely song though)