Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

VideoGaiden, eh?

Started by lazarou, December 31, 2015, 05:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Holy fuck, the Frozen gag is probably the hardest I've laughed at something in months, christ alive.

Bhazor

Yeah that was properly great. The episode is far better than I expected after that depressing Consolevania videogaiden comeback. If the next episode is as good I might have to shake some moths out of my wallet and start paying them.

Ghost Dad

Series 5 is off to a really good start on Patreon. Well worth the money.

brat-sampson

This has also only reinforced my view that Consolevania > Videogaiden. Something about the online freeform 'give no fucks' freedom of not being tied to episode lengths or content arbiters that makes these still feel special, so many years down the line.

Kelvin

Watched the whole of 4.1 now. Wow. Really feels like they never went away. The tone, the style, everything feels exactly like it did before. The use of music is particularly great still. The way it cuts around, drops out, changes volume, it's really, really good. 

A few duds, of course, the worst of which was the End of Level/sub boss sketch, but by and large that was a joy to watch.

Bhazor

Its fascinating how their, primarily Rabs, comedy is still so unique. The weird editing jokes that no one else seems to do.

Twed

Quote from: Bhazor on March 04, 2018, 01:59:08 PM
Its fascinating how their, primarily Rabs, comedy is still so unique. The weird editing jokes that no one else seems to do.
Apart from Tim and Eric

Quote from: Kelvin on March 04, 2018, 12:30:41 PM
Can't wait to watch the first ep of series 4. So glad they put them up on youtube.

As for their earlier stuff, I'll definitely be watching series 2 and 3 again when they upload them. Will skip series 1 as it's really not very good in the main. I'm sure they'll all be taken down with copyright strikes, though. They used music throughout everything.

There's so much music and game footage that they'll probably get several strikes that cancel each other out.

A video on YouTube copyright deadlocks: https://youtu.be/cK8i6aMG9VM

madhair60

Please someone download them off Youtube before they're taken down :(

asids

The full episodes have been on YouTube for years through this channel, I doubt they'll get taken down: https://www.youtube.com/user/ConsolevaniaEpisodes/videos?disable_polymer=1

Additionally, clips from the old episodes here (keep scrolling down): https://www.youtube.com/user/rotallyPumpered/videos?disable_polymer=1

As far as the new CV goes, I did subscribe to the Patreon for 6 episodes or so - it was good but coming in at nearly a fiver per episode with the exchange rate and VAT and all that guff I couldn't really justify it for a half hour show, additionally the seeming reluctance to make the episodes available outside of Patreon pissed me off (which left the ridiculous situation where I couldn't even rewatch the episodes I'd already paid for). I'm glad they've started putting stuff on YT now with the delayed release (although it should be a few months rather than a year).

From what I remember, the second episode was even better than the first (before it did begin to drop off by the 4th or 5th which partly influenced my unsubscribing) so you've got something to look forward to anyway.

Bhazor

Kelvin

Absolutely loved how silly "Bobby Brown Hair" was.

brat-sampson

Agreed. I also love how much use they get out of that clang/boink sound effect.

FredNurke

Series Two now up - higher quality videos, especially for episode 8 where they still had the original footage. Sadly they've had to change some of the music, so Purple Rain no longer features in that scene in episode 2.5 (you know, the one that made me laugh till I cried).

St_Eddie

Quote from: FredNurke on March 15, 2018, 10:34:27 PM
Series Two now up - higher quality videos, especially for episode 8 where they still had the original footage. Sadly they've had to change some of the music, so Purple Rain no longer features in that scene in episode 2.5 (you know, the one that made me laugh till I cried).

I'll keep my old versions with the original music, over the newer higher quality videos, I reckon.

Kelvin

Are these guys trying to get people to unsubscribe to their channel by flooding our feeds with 30+ clips every day?

asids

Quote from: Kelvin on April 03, 2018, 06:24:50 PM
Are these guys trying to get people to unsubscribe to their channel by flooding our feeds with 30+ clips every day?

They're in the process of uploading the old episodes with clips for all the individual reviews, so it will be a batch thing. Then again, I'm not quite sure why considering the episodes as well as clips for the review are all up and quite easily accessible already on YouTube.

Bhazor

Ad revenue probably. Being able to make money from their videos being on youtube would probably be quite nice.

Osmium

It's always been slightly depressing how little traction the show got on youtube.

FredNurke

There are a couple of 'new' things in the mix, too, recorded in 2008 for Wave Two and not released till now, for any completists out there. Plus a 'full episode' release for Wave Two, put together from various bits and bobs.

asids

Quote from: FredNurke on April 09, 2018, 01:07:57 PM
There are a couple of 'new' things in the mix, too, recorded in 2008 for Wave Two and not released till now, for any completists out there. Plus a 'full episode' release for Wave Two, put together from various bits and bobs.

Cheers, I've always been interested to see the stuff they didn't manage to release before they decided to just stop doing Consolevania back then.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FredNurke on April 09, 2018, 01:07:57 PM

Would you be able to list which parts are new?  It would be much appreciated, as I want to keep my old episodes but just download the new parts.

FredNurke

Sure - the new bits are a further 'Checkin' the Forums' segment (starting here) and Ryan's review of Persona 4 (starting here), which leads into a Ziggy Springsteen segment (which might be previously unreleased, although I wonder whether it was used on their website back in 2007) and the newly assembled credits. Presumably the Persona 4 review will appear as a separate video soon. The rest of the episode consists of the Wave Two releases from late 2008, the two Independents Day segments released during Wave One, and the spoof Halo 3 advert from 2007.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FredNurke on April 09, 2018, 06:08:52 PM
Sure - the new bits are a further 'Checkin' the Forums' segment (starting here) and Ryan's review of Persona 4 (starting here), which leads into a Ziggy Springsteen segment (which might be previously unreleased, although I wonder whether it was used on their website back in 2007) and the newly assembled credits. Presumably the Persona 4 review will appear as a separate video soon. The rest of the episode consists of the Wave Two releases from late 2008, the two Independents Day segments released during Wave One, and the spoof Halo 3 advert from 2007.

Thank you so much for that.  Somehow I didn't have any version of this episode on my hard drive!  I'm baffled as to how I missed it the first time around.  What with this and the slow freebie release of series 4, I'm in Hell... I mean Heaven, with John Gacy.

FredNurke

The episode-form release is brand new - I think it only came out last Tuesday. They must be doing some stocktaking. With a bit of luck they'll find the episode they taped to a bin!

Osmium

Quote from: FredNurke on April 09, 2018, 06:08:52 PM
which leads into a Ziggy Springsteen segment (which might be previously unreleased, although I wonder whether it was used on their website back in 2007)

It does seem familiar, minus the effects and the pair of tits.

edit: and minus whatever this is -

?

Bhazor

St_Eddie

Kelvin

New episode is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7IU1_jaAA

Anyone know what the're referencing /parodying with the racist couple and the Xbox logo? Considering the episode was originally released last year, I'm not sure what was happening at the time.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kelvin on May 15, 2018, 05:20:27 PM
New episode is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7IU1_jaAA

Yay!

Quote from: Kelvin on May 15, 2018, 05:20:27 PMAnyone know what the're referencing /parodying with the racist couple and the Xbox logo? Considering the episode was originally released last year, I'm not sure what was happening at the time.

Nay!