Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Khaki @ The Comedy, Soho, Tonight (Tuesday 19th October)

Started by mayer, October 19, 2004, 06:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

i can't make it, but i swear it'll be great...

Quote from: "The General"Ahoy there, loyal troops... Following months of covert manouvres, the General Khaki Regiment is ready, once again to launch an all out assault on Soho's Comedy Pub...just check out these recent eyewitness reports!

Gunner Pete Whiley on the last Comedy gig:
http://www.20six.co.uk/Dicko/weblogCategory/1ojs2xqq8hxwg

Petty Officer Kate Reuben on the attack on Bethnal Green's Pleasure Unit
http://www.pleasureunitbar.com/Reuben%20Review.htm#Review20of:%20General%20Khaki%20at%20Pleasure%20Unit%20(26/8/04)

Marching Orders:
Tuesday 19th October
The Comedy
Oxendon St
Soho
Leicester Sq/Piccadilly Circus tubes

Doors 8pm, Admission £4 with a copy of this e-mail or something that says General Khaki on it (the more preposterous, the better...) £5 to Joe Public.

Allies: Davito, Rusty Springfield, Where the Spoken Play.

The regiment are headlining and counter-intelligence reports that record company spies will be in attendence...catch 'em while you can!

Adios!

The General
www.generalkhaki.com

General Khaki

"Mentalist"
"You'll Love them! So Original!"
"A fuckin' mega band"
"Submlimely Mental"
"inventive and original"
"all attitude and relentless punk spirit"
"You MUST see General Khaki"
www.generalkhaki.com

no_offenc

I saw them in Liverpool a few months back and I thought they were shit.  Nothing special by a long stretch.

Ooooh, controversy.

Jemble Fred

The repetition of the word 'mental', and especially the word 'mentalist' suggests that they should be destroyed inhumanely, not given a slot in the best comedy club in the country.

I might be wrong, in which case they need to fucking sort out their advertising guff.

mayer

Jemble Fred, the mental/mentalist bits come from quotes from critics... what can you do eh? if pop groups could stop writers spewing out pointless clich(ay)s, i'm sure they'd have done it years ago, as it is, they've got to work with what they're given.

no_offenc, you're welcome to your opinion.... doesn't stop ya being wrong though, *smile*.