Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Angie Tribeca (New Rashida Jones comedy from Steve & Nancy Carell)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, January 17, 2016, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant Farm Keyboard

Season 3 had them semi-serializing the events yet again, with Chris Pine being involved in a few different episodes as a trophy hunter hunter. Lt. Atkins was trying different approaches to dating, and they would investigate in different parts of the country, with every precinct being an exact copy of their usual sets. Otherwise, it wasn't very effective. A lot of diminishing returns.

Yeah, ditching Giles hurts the show. At least (in the episodes I've seen), Tanner gets involved in one episode, but Hayes MacArthur could bring some poker face to the investigations, while Bobby Cannavale does too much mugging. At least, it's not Vinyl. They are also doing very little with the new female character, Maria Charo, the one who replaces Tanner (not that they were doing much with Tanner in the first place).

Ant Farm Keyboard

So far, I'm at episode 6, which is the first really funny episode, as it focuses on the weirdness and the clichés of Fargo ("Freezing Cold Prestige Drama"). It gets less interesting when they handle the villain, who is a parody of Anton Chighur from No Country For Old Men, rather than some character from the TV show.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on December 31, 2018, 12:26:47 PM
Season 3 had them semi-serializing the events yet again, with Chris Pine being involved in a few different episodes as a trophy hunter hunter. Lt. Atkins was trying different approaches to dating, and they would investigate in different parts of the country, with every precinct being an exact copy of their usual sets. Otherwise, it wasn't very effective. A lot of diminishing returns.

Yeah, ditching Giles hurts the show. At least (in the episodes I've seen), Tanner gets involved in one episode, but Hayes MacArthur could bring some poker face to the investigations, while Bobby Cannavale does too much mugging. At least, it's not Vinyl. They are also doing very little with the new female character, Maria Charo, the one who replaces Tanner (not that they were doing much with Tanner in the first place).

After the really disappointing second season I quite liked the third, it wasn't as strong as the first but still fairly funny in places. I've seen the first two of season 4 and think it's on a par with the previous season, I miss Deon Cole too (and haven't seen his episode yet) but I've been fond of Bobby Cannavale's childish tantrums and the relationship he has with Angie.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Ant Farm Keyboard

The finish this season was strong (while it was something of a weak point last time). Taram Killam was indeed a perfect choice to play a villain with multiple (mostly unconvincing) identities, and it did have Kathryn Hahn, even just for a couple of scenes. Plus, they did acknowledge the absence of Jay Geils.