Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chipmunks: goth pioneers

Started by Vodka Margarine, January 17, 2016, 09:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodka Margarine

This is incredible. Songs from Alvin & co's 1982 album 'Chipmunk Rock' slowed down to 16 RPM.

https://m.soundcloud.com/alvin-thechipmunkson16sp

Just been annoying the missus with this, thanks, its ace.

newbridge

Damn, these actually become great covers. "Walk Like an Egyptian" my favorite so far.

DukeDeMondo

Christ, this is amazing! "Walk Like An Egyptian" is my favourite too, just fuckin brilliant. Holy shit. Is there any way to download them before the whole lot get kicked off the internet by some chipmunk in a huff?

Paaaaul

Google 'Soundcloud downloader' - you'll find a way.

samadriel

Love that Bauhaus-sounding 'Call Me'. It's bizarre how well it works.

momatt

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on January 18, 2016, 07:16:47 AM
Is there any way to download them before the whole lot get kicked off the internet by some chipmunk in a huff?

Offliberty.com

Good plan, I'm gonna be ripping them now too.

momatt

This is such a good idea.  Quite annoyed I didn't think of this.
WHIP IT.
WHIP IT GOOD.

Those slowed-down guitars are heavy as fuck!

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: samadriel on January 18, 2016, 09:41:32 AM
It's bizarre how well it works.

This is what struck me. At first I thought it was just someone yanking our chains, a prankster doing some novelty sludgecore covers for a laugh. But this is genuinely what you get when you peer into the deepest, darkest soul of Chipmunks - a hidden, yawning chasm of dry ice and existential dread.

Steven

As a kid I always liked the version of The Girls Of Rock And Roll from The Chipmunk Adventure, which was stolen from the movie The Malibu Bikini Shop. They've slowed that down too to get the right pitch of the voice actors, and some very strange people seem to enjoy acting out the video in real life.

Reminded me of this other one of a load of mad cunts renacting the ace theme tune to Ulyssese 31, too.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Vodka Margarine on January 18, 2016, 11:59:02 AMBut this is genuinely what you get when you peer into the deepest, darkest soul of Chipmunks - a hidden, yawning chasm of dry ice and existential dread.

I can never think of the Chipmunks without thinking of the Elwy and the Tree Weasels parody, from the Ralph Bakshi/John K Mighty Mouse revival.  The David Seville character is depicted as kidnapping them when they were babies and forcing them to wear clothes and sing.  I'm always amazed that something this twisted appeared on children's TV in 1987.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnurgBkgXo

Famous Mortimer

"Diamond Dolls" works really well too. Hurrah for the person who thought up this (and if anyone's gone through the hard work of downloading them and wouldn't mind zipping / sharing?)

Brundle-Fly

Exceptional stuff. Fame opens like some Gaslamp Killer track. Thanks for linking. So were the original singers actually singing that slow?

Nobody Soup

I kinda wish I could make my guitar sound like that all the time. some of the tracks are so, so, so genuinely good.

JesusAndYourBush

When I was a kid I found it hilarious to play records at 16pm, everyone sounded like cows - moooooooooooo.  One time I played a Pinky & Perky record at 16rpm and discovered it was Wally Whyton (and I only knew it was him because I also had a Wally Whyton record, nursery rhymes or something).  I also played records backwards which to a kid made all sorts of scary/creepy sounds - rotating them with my finger on the middle (label) part because there was no way else for me to do it.

Ah, I just had a thought... has anyone ever slowed down The Laughing Gnome?
EDIT: Couldn't find one so I did it myself.  It's better than I expected although I'm disappointed it's not Bowie doing the gnome voices.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 18, 2016, 10:27:03 PM
"Diamond Dolls" works really well too. Hurrah for the person who thought up this (and if anyone's gone through the hard work of downloading them and wouldn't mind zipping / sharing?)

If you paste the main page url (rather than the url of a specific song) into en.savefrom.net you'll get all the download links on one page.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on January 19, 2016, 07:37:17 PM
If you paste the main page url (rather than the url of a specific song) into en.savefrom.net you'll get all the download links on one page.
Ooh, ta, I was using several slightly less friendly ways before.

momatt

Alright dudes, ripped and properly labelled all 25 tunes.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4e5i96