Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CRADLE OF FILTH

Started by dark_angel666, October 20, 2004, 12:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dark_angel666

ok wot does every1 think of cradle of filth no negative comments please

Fuckwittio

You shouldn't ask people what they think of a band if you don't want negative comments. Since you don't, however, I will say:

mitzidog

they are excellent for when I'm VERY VERY ANGRY!!!!

fanny splendid

They are the biggest bunch of pop star wannabes this side of the TOTP studios.

Captain Crunch

Odd, I was thinking of asking this.

Excellent band, big thumbs up from me.  However, I do think they are one of those 'triple bluff' acts like Feilds of the Nephilim which is not a view commonly held by their fans.  I can see why people hate them so much, that wholesale 'goffik' image does grate after a while.  The videos are appalingly poor but the music is brilliant and they do put on a good show.  That last album was a triumph, fretwanking heaven all the way!

no_offenc

Dani Davey is very dry in interviews/when he was on Buzzcocks.  But sadly, I have to say, the band are gash.  Talented maybe, but their songs are poooo.  Pop-black-metal for stripey-sock wearing bats, in my opinion :D

gazzyk1ns

Heh, they used to live about 100 feet away from me and I used to play football with Dani and his brother Phil when we were... I dunno, 12 or something. A few years ago I used to drink in the same pub as Gian because a girl mate went out with him for a little while, spoke to him occasionally, hehe he likes his tequila. He left the Filth ages ago didn't he? Isn't he married now?

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "dark_angel666"no negative comments please

..... hold me back......

I was about to say "I quite liked 'Temple of Love'", but that was Sisters Of Mercy, wasn't it?

I like a bit of a tune myself, which is why Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies is probably the definitive Rawk album for me.

Are they as good as Alice Cooper?  If not then I think they're shit turds.

Hang on, weren't they on that program where a concerned mother had to tour with them for a week?  They seemed like quite nice young lads, but their music was shite.

Quite frankly I chuckle at anybody that believes and follows anything that these Metal"gods" have to say, Brian Warner and his ilk are just entertainers who know how to make a fast buck out of the pale scar-armed army.

Now Big Frank Sinatra was a different matter, hardest game in the world etc....

Neville Chamberlain

Cradle of Filth is one of the greatest bands in Britain today.

TraceyQ

I'm sure they are wonderful. If you're emotionally and mentally stunted.

Was that negative? Should I try again?

Lumiere

They've made a living out of producing commercially viable forgeries of musical movements.

I hate them.

dark_angel666

i take bak the no negative comments bit im not a big fan myself but i do like some stuff

Almost Yearly

Then surely the thread should have been called cradle of filth, not CRADLE OF FILTH.

Dark hole my arse.

fanny splendid

Which angel are you?

Chav Angel, Fat Angel, or Ginger Angel?

Purple Tentacle

Were there 665 other people called "dark angel"?

Why do people claim to worship the devil? I mean I like Darth Vader but I definitely wouldn't want to work for him. Look at Captain Needa.

dark_angel666

rite i like 666 and i like dark angel coz i sounds kool

Frinky

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Why do people claim to worship the devil? I mean I like Darth Vader but I definitely wouldn't want to work for him. Look at Captain Needa.

You say that, but it worked out alright for Piett, didn't it?

TraceyQ

Quote from: "dark_angel666"rite i like 666 and i like dark angel coz i sounds kool

Chadwick

Cradle of Filth are a crock of shite, about as "black metal" as the Smurfs. While the Norwegian black metal community were burning down churches and slaughtering each other Cradle of Filth were tucked up in bed with a cup of tepid coco. Poser shite, they'd probably wee their lacy pants if they heard Bathory or Emperor.

Lumiere

Quote from: "Chadwick"Cradle of Filth are a crock of shite, about as "black metal" as the Smurfs. While the Norwegian black metal community were burning down churches and slaughtering each other Cradle of Filth were tucked up in bed with a cup of tepid coco. Poser shite, they'd probably wee their lacy pants if they heard Bathory or Emperor.

I was about to post about that.

In 1992, someone wrote a rather derogatory piece on black metal for a Norwegian paper.

No joke, the guy was found dead, floating in a river a few days later.

In 1994, Kerrang took the piss out of Cradle Of Filth. A drunken Dani Filth made a couple of threatening phone calls, and the next morning a five point star had been daubed (in spooky red) on the front door to the kerrang offices.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Why do people claim to worship the devil? I mean I like Darth Vader but I definitely wouldn't want to work for him. Look at Captain Needa.

You say that, but it worked out alright for Piett, didn't it?

Intensify those forward batteries!!! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Lucas confirmed that Darth Vader was "too upset" to bother to kill Piett in Empire Strikes Back on the DVD commentary.  He wasn't as hardcore as THE CRADLE.  RAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

mwude

Quote from: "dark_angel666"rite i like 666 and i like dark angel coz i sounds kool

No, I'm not having it.  I'm calling your bluff.  You are a regular poster who has created a joke account - some sort of parody of a teenage rock & roll wannabe.  Admittedly you've taken it to bizarre lengths by creating a funny little website & everything, but "i like dark angel coz i sounds kool" has to be a joke?  Even rebellious teens of the txt generation must realise that sentence makes them sound like a daft twat?

If I'm wrong & dark_angel666 is real, well I'm clearly just out of touch with da yoof of today.  And if you are real I suppose I better hope to god you're not from Norway otherwise I'll be found dead in the river by this time tomorrow.

chand

Quote from: "dark_angel666"ok wot does every1 think of cradle of filth no negative comments please

Shit, I'm getting flashbacks to the old Placebo board.

Frinky

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Lucas confirmed that Darth Vader was "too upset" to bother to kill Piett in Empire Strikes Back on the DVD commentary.  He wasn't as hardcore as THE CRADLE.  RAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Oh? In the Expanded Universe series of books, which I've never read - I just know this, honest - Piett survived the crash and went on to be a fairly major character, a plotline Lucas obviously agreed with.

I've ruined this thread.

Still Not George

I think dark_angel666 is actually the latest work by whatever genius is behind RTR. He's done the rambling stoner stereotype, now he's doing the teenygoth stereotype, and next he'll be doing the pretentious "I'm so eclectic, me" indie twat stereotype.

Mark my words.

imitationleather

Quote from: "Still Not George"next he'll be doing the pretentious "I'm so eclectic, me" indie twat stereotype.

Hello!

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Chadwick"Cradle of Filth are a crock of shite, about as "black metal" as the Smurfs. While the Norwegian black metal community were burning down churches and slaughtering each other Cradle of Filth were tucked up in bed with a cup of tepid coco. Poser shite, they'd probably wee their lacy pants if they heard Bathory or Emperor.

Joking aside, did CoF ever really proclaim to be Black Metal?  I thought they set themselves as heavy gothy types.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Lucas confirmed that Darth Vader was "too upset" to bother to kill Piett in Empire Strikes Back on the DVD commentary.  He wasn't as hardcore as THE CRADLE.  RAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
Oh? In the Expanded Universe series of books, which I've never read - I just know this, honest - Piett survived the crash and went on to be a fairly major character, a plotline Lucas obviously agreed with.

Oh seriously! Hahahaha, that's such bollocks. An A-Wing crashed into the bridge, which would suck everybody out into deep space for a start... even if not, the Executor then ploughed into the surface of the Death Star which appeared to pretty much destroy it, and, even if he somehow survived that, the Death Star went ka-boom minutes later.

That's the most improbable Star Wars thing I've heard since that wizened guy "caught" Luke's lightsabre from Cloud City and made an "evil Luke" clone.

QuoteI've ruined this thread.

No you haven't, I think it was quite ruined already.

edit: I'm pretty sure I've read Lucas saying somewhere that only the events his six films are "official", and that everything else is apocryphal.

Which is good, because the post-Jedi books are absolute garbage. Yes, I read loads when I was 14.   And that was when I was 28 aaaaaaaaaaah

Lumiere

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"
Joking aside, did CoF ever really proclaim to be Black Metal?  I thought they set themselves as heavy gothy types.

Back in 1994 I think, Dani proclaimed COF to be the UK extension of Black Metal.

phalmachine

I love reading about the exploits of Scandinavian metal bands.  The things I hear are morally reprehensible, but on some level they do point out how tepid most rockers are these days.  Info here, from Audiogalaxy:

Quote from: "Audiogalaxy"
...Yet there's a land where hardcore metal bands don't just play the music, they live the music. This land is called Norway (and, to an extent, Sweden), which smothering darkness of sky and merciless harshness of clime have graced with the highest percentage of clinically depressed people in the world. Some of these depressed people, like any other people, have formed bands. And oh, the bands that they have formed. Deciding that the 80's styles of Death Metal and Grindcore just weren't hard enough, these depressed people formed a new musical style, Black Metal, that set a new low for evil and misery in heavy metal music. Unlike most metal bands, Black Metal musicians didn't just play a gig and then go home to a hot bowl of ramen in their warm, Marilyn Manson-postered apartments. Black Metal musicians lived the music.

Take, for example, Emperor, one of Norway's classic Black Metal bands. After making what is regarded as their masterpiece, the pummelingly grim and dark In the Nightshade Eclipse, Emperor's drummer (who, like many Black Metal musicians, is violently anti-Christian) was arrested for burning down a historic Norwegian wooden church. Not to be outdone, their bassist got himself thrown in jail for burglary, knife assault, and desecration. Their second drummer joined his bandmates in prison after stabbing a homosexual acquaintance 14 times, killing him outside the Olympic Park in Lillehammer.

The story of Norway's Mayhem, though, makes Emperor look like Limp Bizkit. In fact, many of the non-musical crimes of Mayhem, who used dead animal carcasses as stage decorations, were apparently attempts to outdo Emperor. Which they did: lead vocalist Dead became just that in 1991, shooting himself in the head in the apartment he shared with his bandmates. When the rest of the band got home, they took a photo of Dead, which they used on the cover of a subsequent album, while their drummer made a necklace out of fragments of Dead's skull and their guitarist, Euronymous, cooked and ate pieces of his brains in a stew. Euronymous later met his own death at the hands of the band's bassist, Count Grishnackh, who, jealous over Euronymous' more evil reputation, stabbed the guitarist to death while he was in his underwear, inflicting 23 different knife wounds. When the police arrested the murderer, they found in his house enough dynamite to blow up a large church, which Grishnackh planned to do on an upcoming religious holiday.