Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CRADLE OF FILTH

Started by dark_angel666, October 20, 2004, 12:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Pah, in the good old days, all you needed to do was to run someone over with their own tourbus.  I take all those Black Metal Exploits with a huge pinch of salt, some of it's just a case of the Emperor's New Clothes (arf arf), but entertaining nonetheless.

dark_angel666

i like the name dark_angel666 and by the way im from finland

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "dark_angel666"i like the name dark_angel666 and by the way im from finland

Ooooh ooh! Could someone get Tom Rad to do a quick legitimacy test???

Lumiere

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Pah, in the good old days, all you needed to do was to run someone over with their own tourbus.  I take all those Black Metal Exploits with a huge pinch of salt, some of it's just a case of the Emperor's New Clothes (arf arf), but entertaining nonetheless.

The Mayhem thing is 100% true.

Varg's in prison now.

Krang

Cradle of Filth = Dimmu Borgir

mayer

the Cradle To Enslave video freaked me the hell out when i saw it on the telly, on VH1 of all places.

lots of blood, boobs, and razorblades.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Krang"Cradle of Filth = Dimmu Borgir

Shouldn't that be the other way round?

Tom Rad

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
Quote from: "dark_angel666"i like the name dark_angel666 and by the way im from finland

Ooooh ooh! Could someone get Tom Rad to do a quick legitimacy test???

So what do you want me to do? Set a quick grammar test ("Decline 'a drink' in fifteen cases")? Or shall I just prod him with a stick and see if he shouts "Älä nyt vittu töki mua sillä kepillä!!"?

Neville Chamberlain

Dimmu Borgir means "dark castle" in Icelandic. Oooooh! Scary!

Lumiere

What do you mean?

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Lumiere"The Mayhem thing is 100% true.

Varg's in prison now.

Have you heard any of his 'new' stuff (done from behind bars)?  I think a charity worker gave him a Bontempi and now he's writing stuff about race, purity and the hollow mother sun.  Or so I've heard...

Neville Chamberlain

Yes, he goes under the name Burzum and you can read all about his Bontempi classics here.

Strange chap, all in all.

Captain Crunch

Of course, he of the T-shirt fame.  I'm a novice at all this Black Metal stuff and I'm easily confused so excuse me.  However, I did meet Satyricon a couple of months back so I do have some BM cred.  (I say meet, they didn't answer when I did my loveable cockney 'Awright mate!' at them.  I wonder why).

Krang

Quote from: "Lumiere"

What do you mean?

Well, im not sure who was about first, but its either Cradle of Filth = Dimmu Borgir, or the other way (was that what you were getting at Captain Crunch?)

Anyway, ive got some Cradle of Filth and some Dimmu Borgir, and they both seem very very much alike. Ive never been into either really, i like Cradles cover of Hallowed be thy name.

I perfer Children of Bodom, Dark Tranqillity and Opeth.

BetaKarraTene

Quote from: "Lumiere"In 1992, someone wrote a rather derogatory piece on black metal for a Norwegian paper.

No joke, the guy was found dead, floating in a river a few days later.

In 1994, Kerrang took the piss out of Cradle Of Filth. A drunken Dani Filth made a couple of threatening phone calls, and the next morning a five point star had been daubed (in spooky red) on the front door to the kerrang offices.
Note to self: killing people = artistic integrity

mayer

Quote from: "BetaKarraTene"
Note to self: killing people = artistic integrity

well. you've got to kill some people, anyway, you can't kill everybody... uh, 'cause you wouldn't have anybody left to respect if you did. </VM>

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Lumiere wrote:
QuoteIn 1992, someone wrote a rather derogatory piece on black metal for a Norwegian paper.

No joke, the guy was found dead, floating in a river a few days later.

Wow. What an utter shower of fucking bastards. Does that mean if any of us say anything bad about black metal we should expect a bunch of maladjusted arseholes to come and sacrifice us to satan?

Lumiere

Probably.

I dare someone to give it a go. I'll chuck a fiver in your grave if ya do.

A Passing Turk Slipper

They are proper crazy bastards aren't they. I remember reading an article about the Norwegian black metal scene, weren't there loads of band rivalries which often ended with one band member murdering one of the others then them getting murdered as well? They all go around burning down churches as well don't they.

Krang

I heard a story that the lead singer of one band left to join their rivals, as their new bassist. Then stabbed their lead singer to death.

Lumiere

Quote from: "Krang"I heard a story that the lead singer of one band left to join their rivals, as their new bassist. Then stabbed their lead singer to death.

That's Mayhem.

Fuckwittio

Were Mayhem the band that had a singer who changed his name to 'Dead' and then killed himself, so all his band mates messed around with his corpse, hacking it up and taking some wacky pictures of them rolling around in his entrails and such?

Call me a sicko if you like, but that's one of the funniest rock and roll anecdotes I've ever heard.

Lumiere

Quote from: "Fuckwittio"Were Mayhem the band that had a singer who changed his name to 'Dead' and then killed himself.

That much is true. The rest is pap, although one chap ate segments of dead's brain, another used segments of dead's skull to make a necklace and another chap took pictures of dead's corpse.

Fuckwittio

Quote from: "Lumiere"
Quote from: "Fuckwittio"Were Mayhem the band that had a singer who changed his name to 'Dead' and then killed himself.

That much is true. The rest is pap, although one chap ate segments of dead's brain, another used segments of dead's skull to make a necklace and another chap took pictures of dead's corpse.

Actually, that makes it even funnier. The whole idea of changing your name to 'Dead' and then killing yourself just cracks me up.

What a wacky bunch of guys.

Lumiere

Dead was also the chap who's quoted as saying

"If my girlfriend dies before I do, I will misuse her corpse!"

and was also the chap who ate a dead crow before singing live. "He had to have the taste of death" said Euronymous.

Also, a chap hammered a nail into his own skull to get noticed by Mayhem. He didn't get noticed.