Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 10

Started by Replies From View, January 21, 2016, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Replies From View

Fucking fuck's sake.

biggy will be delighted about this, as well.  Doctor Who to become ruined; biggy delighted because Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was faintly okay.

Kelvin

Quote from: Replies From View on January 22, 2016, 10:09:31 PM
Fucking fuck's sake.

biggy will be delighted about this, as well.  Doctor Who to become ruined; biggy delighted because Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was faintly okay.

Biggy's only ever said that Chibnall would be preferable to Gatiss, so far as I can remember. That's not the same as saying he actively wants Chibnall.

Mummy and Daddy mustn't fight at times like this. Families need to pull together at times of tragedy.   

Replies From View

biggytitbo

Kelvin

Now every series will be as rubbish as the last three series!

BritishHobo

Fuckin knew it wasn't going to be on this year. Jesus Christ. How on earth have they managed to fit in so many gaps and breaks? If Moffat couldn't deliver a series 10 this year why didn't they fuck him off and get a replacement?

I'm not as averse to Chibnall as a lot of people here, and while I only think he's okay, I'm intrigued to see what he's like as showrunner. The year gap's what fuck's me off.

Replies From View

I mean if the problem is that Doctor Who is feeling vaguely tired, the solution is surely to give the show to a man who has never had a single original idea in his life, and whose episodes of Doctor Who always felt like an autistic paint-by-numbers retread of the previous showrunners' work.

Replies From View

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 22, 2016, 10:17:46 PM
I'm not as averse to Chibnall as a lot of people here, and while I only think he's okay, I'm intrigued to see what he's like as showrunner.

One for you to look back upon and cringe about mate.

AAAAARGGH FUCK.  GOD.

Kelvin

edit. that doesn't make sense, in retrospect

Replies From View

I'm afraid this is all I can do from now on:

BritishHobo

Intrigued rather than excited, gotta specify that. I can't really picture what his Who would be like. It's just a bland void in my head.

Natnar

Thank fuck Moffat is going!!!!!!!!

Replies From View

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 22, 2016, 10:20:46 PM
Intrigued rather than excited, gotta specify that. I can't really picture what his Who would be like. It's just a bland void in my head.

Mate:  it's always shit.  What's not to get?

Kelvin

Maybe he'll get in some good writers, as opposed to the workman like writers[nb]Like, er, Chibnall.[/nb] Moffat has been using for the last few years.

Replies From View

Quote from: Natnar on January 22, 2016, 10:21:01 PM
Thank fuck Moffat is going!!!!!!!!

I fucking said people would be sorry when he was gone.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Replies From View on January 22, 2016, 10:21:46 PM
Mate:  it's always shit.  What's not to get?

It's not about quality though, that's what I mean. I'm just fascinated; what would Chibnall's vision for Who be? RTD had his whole thing of being rooted in everyday drama, and gradually reintroducing aspects of the show, as well as establishing the Time War. Moffat had all his grand ideas about the identity of the Doctor and who he is and what he stands for, as well as his timey-wimey 51st century non-linear aesthetic. Now Chibnall's got the reins, but what's his Doctor Who? Is it just RTD's again? WHAT IS IT?!

Replies From View

Quote from: Kelvin on January 22, 2016, 10:22:45 PM
Maybe he'll get in some good writers, as opposed to the workman like writers[nb]Like, er, Chibnall.[/nb] Moffat has been using for the last few years.

Moffat has brought in loads of good new ones lately.  People have been desperate to overlook these things in their quest to hate every fibre of his being.

Replies From View

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 22, 2016, 10:25:29 PM
It's not about quality though, that's what I mean. I'm just fascinated; what would Chibnall's vision for Who be?

A dead rehash of RTD and Moffat.  His vision will be to bring back what RTD brought, and he will do it in a really clunky, mediocre, formulaic manner.  Just watch his previous episodes again and see.

FUCK.

You'll realise after episode 3 that what we've seen of Chibnall was him at his best.  As showrunner, he will only be more thinly spread.

I reckon AI figures are to blame for this.  Didn't they always rate Chibnall highly?

biggytitbo

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 22, 2016, 10:25:29 PM
It's not about quality though, that's what I mean. I'm just fascinated; what would Chibnall's vision for Who be? RTD had his whole thing of being rooted in everyday drama, and gradually reintroducing aspects of the show, as well as establishing the Time War. Moffat had all his grand ideas about the identity of the Doctor and who he is and what he stands for, as well as his timey-wimey 51st century non-linear aesthetic. Now Chibnall's got the reins, but what's his Doctor Who? Is it just RTD's again? WHAT IS IT?!

I imagine Chinbnal will be keen to explore concepts and themes around mediocre writing.

biggytitbo

This is 2 and a half years away so there's every chance either Chinballs or you will die by then.

BritishHobo

I do like their plan, though. Get in a new Doctor, build up momentum, set the show up for a new, fresh companion, then LET'S JUST FUCK IT OFF FOR A YEAR

biggytitbo

I absolutely certain so many better people said no to this it was either cancel the show or get Chinbals to do it. The lesser of two evils really.

Replies From View

If I start a new thread will we get a different showrunner?

Replies From View

Natnar

So does this make it more likely that Capaldi will be gone by the time Chibnall takes over then?

Kelvin

Quote from: Replies From View on January 22, 2016, 10:25:39 PM
Moffat has brought in loads of good new ones lately.  People have been desperate to overlook these things in their quest to hate every fibre of his being.

Like who? What interesting, new - or, most importantly, good - writers did Moffat bring in during series 9? Or series 8, for that matter? The only one I can think of is the guy that did Mummy on the Orient Express, who I think was a newbie.

EDIT: In fact, he wasn't a newbie. He had written for the show during series 6. The writer I'm thinking of was the one who wrote Kill the Moon, which I liked. Everyone else had either been working on the show before, or were producing sub-par episodes.

Jerzy Bondov

QuoteExplaining the decision to hold Moffat's last series until next year, BBC1 controller Charlotte Moore said: "I have decided to schedule Steven's big finale series in Spring 2017 to bring the nation together for what will be a huge event on the channel.   2016 is spoilt with national moments including the Euros and Olympics and I want to hold something big back for 2017 - I promise it will be worth the wait!"
What the blue fuck is this?!
No Doctor Who this year but luckily we have the very similar SPORT TOURNAMENTS for you. The C in BBC stands for Crock of shit

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 22, 2016, 10:37:18 PM
What the blue fuck is this?!
No Doctor Who this year but luckily we have the very similar SPORT TOURNAMENTS for you. The C in BBC stands for Crock of shit

That's just an hilariously poor piece of PR spin from the BBC. The real reason for the delay yet again is...that fucker who solves crimes with the little fella from the hobbit.