Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:55:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Breakthrough discovery made in male baldness

Started by 303, January 24, 2016, 10:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There is hope for the more follicly challenged members of this fine institution.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/health/2014/07/30/12931338/

Dannyhood91

Captain Z

QuoteWhile studying the cells of men undergoing hair transplants, Dr. Costarelis says he and his team made a surprising discovery.

Which is that if the scalp that's bald still has the same number of stem cells as the scalp that's not bald, said Constarelis.

How sceintists stop a balled?

Kane Jones

I honestly thought the opening post was going to be;

'HAHA Made you look, you pathetic bald cunts' or something similar.

mobias

Articles like the one linked to above are just click bait. There's been a cure for baldness 'just around the corner' for years now going by how many articles I've read on the subject over the past decade or so. Being ever so slightly challenged in the hair follicle department myself I've done quite a bit of reading on the subject over the years. From what I can gather they're still a long way off developing a proper cure for baldness. Some of the stuff I've read has pretty much said if they can cure baldness then they can cure cancer. Indeed so much money is being pumped into finding a cure for baldness that it does also have the added benefit of residual research benefiting some cancer treatments. Basically if researchers can find a way of commanding cells in hair follicles to start working again and rebuild damage, which is the hope, they that can do the same for cells in the liver, lungs, or other areas of the body effected by cancer and other diseases. Its the same mechanisms which are at work in cells all over the body.

So the upshot is I hope they find a cure soon so I can die of something other than cancer but crucially with a full head of hair.

mook

if a cure for baldness is ever discovered, i bet a penny to a pinch of shite the first thing those ex-baldinoes will attempt to grow is a pony-tail, & then a quiff. those cunts