Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Which Film Has the Most Hams?

Started by Blumf, January 29, 2016, 12:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeWhiz

Quote from: greenman on January 29, 2016, 12:42:10 PM
The obvious one I spose is with Blessed in Flash Gordon, you could I spose argue that Max Von Sydow actually plays Ming fairly straight most of the time(which I think its key to the film working) but elsewhere its wall to wall ham with Blessed, Topol, Dalton, Mariangela Melato, etc.

Aren't we forgetting a certain Peter Wyngarde / Petronella Winegum?

greenman

Quote from: GeeWhiz on February 01, 2016, 05:25:53 AM
Aren't we forgetting a certain Peter Wyngarde / Petronella Winegum?

I did almost put him down although I think him and Von Sydow whilst a obviously still rather hamy deliberately dial it back a bit to give the film a bit more gravitas

Entropy Balsmalch

Steven

Quote from: Kelvin on January 31, 2016, 09:03:31 PM
I hate that bit. I hate that it looks like he goes to say "big", but then changes to "great" and they still used that take.

How can anyone watch that and not want to pull their own eyes out?

Haa. Yes, always annoyed me that, too. If you wanna laugh at old Al, him doing a shite Harry H. Corbett in The Local Stigmatic is right up there.

mook

Quote from: Steven on February 01, 2016, 02:22:54 PM
Haa. Yes, always annoyed me that, too. If you wanna laugh at old Al, him doing a shite Harry H. Corbett in The Local Stigmatic is right up there.

that is quite something.

Skip Bittman

"The Oscar" has INCREDIBLY high ham content and a bewildering assortment of ham varieties. I'm up to HERE with all this bringdown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfSM_m40jo

Phil_A

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 03, 2016, 05:17:01 PM
"I can use every OUNCE of your rage! Sha-ta-ta-ta!"

Oh, that's a good call. You couldn't get much hammier than Jeremy Irons, Richard O'Brien and Bruce Payne seemingly having a contest to determine who can get away with the most ridiculous line delivery.

Steven

GOHDDDSS AN ABSANTEEE LAAAAHHNDLAAAAWWD, KEVIN! LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH! TOUCH BUT DON'T TASTE!!! I'M A FAAAAAHN A MAAAANN!!!

I think Pacino's overacting gruff Scent Of A Woman bollocks works here though, as of course.. he's playing The Devil.

greenman

Ham is a dish best served cold....

Steven

Quote from: greenman on February 03, 2016, 07:01:25 PM
Ham is a dish best served cold....

Let's see, hot:

Cold:

I'd go with hot, myself.

Attila

Wrath of Khan has wonderful ham with Ricardo Montalban, and a ham's ham with William T. Shatner.

Steven

Sleuth only has a cast of 3 (Err..) but is hammy as fuck.[nb]Make obvious Cameron joke.[/nb]