Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:07:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dogsville

Started by random, February 16, 2004, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random

Anyone seen this?  Its not showing in the entire south west, including wales, except for this week only at the Watershed, Bristol, and I cant get there, grrr.

www.dogsville.co.uk

It looks really intriguing, has excellent reviews, has been the talk of film festivals internationally, stars Nicole Kidman, yet for some reason no buggre is showing it.  Anyone know why????

hoverdonkey

It's a word of mouth film. In the States it started in a couple of 'theatres' on the west coast and east coast and slowly spread I believe.

It sounds like there are two ways of judging the film. 1) a brilliant back-to-basics story that eschews big sets for deep character analysis and focuses on the pure acting ability of the actors.

or

2) a pretentious pile of cock directed by a man who loves to bully women and doesn't half mind a rape scene.

random

So does that mean eventually we'll get to see it?  Ive tried to download it but the only copies I can find are in Italian...

Rats

I got mine off of kazaa but that was last year. I still haven't watched it. I've just had a look on suprnova and there's this http://66.90.75.92/torrents/1082/Dogville(2).torrent 1394mb don't shout at me if nothing happens. It says (2) but that's just because it's a reseed.

random

not shouting, but nothing happened.

watch it and tell me whether it was any good!

mr rou-rou

Do you like the work of Lars Von Trier? it would be a good place to start.

Go see it, if only to come back full of vitriol about how shite it is and in no way deserving of its ever widening fan base, of which I'm a fan, bloody marvellous piece of cinema.

Let us know how you get on.

[/end beret and gauloise mode]

[/end annoying message board geek speak]

[/just fucking stop now]

El Unicornio, mang

The Idiots was poo, Dancer in the Dark was pretty good. This sounds okay. It's got rednecks from the south of the US and that wanker that writes columns for The Sun up in arms so it gets a few bonus points already

european son

Cornerhouse in manchester has it on, as does many other places

its called Dogville, (the extra "s" may be hampering your efforts to find out where its playing).

i've not seen it yet, but it looks interesting.

joe_totale

Breaking the Waves is being shown on Channel 4 in about 20 minutes. It's a pretty harrowing, desolate story (which seems to be par for the course with Lars von Trier) but really fantastic acting. Definitely worth seeing, just make sure you've got a nice hot mug of cocoa ready to cheer you up before you go to bed.

butnut

Before this merges with the arthouse film thread, I think Lars von Trier is over-rated as a director. The only film I've in any way liked was wanker in the Dark. As someone said above, the Idiots was poo.

However, Festen, by another Dogme director, Thomas Vinterberg, is an absoulute masterpiece, and he's got a new film out this week: it's all about poo. Sadly, from the reviews I've read, it's meant to be really shit.

However, watch Festen if you get the chance.