Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Robert Bresson

Started by Smeraldina Rima, February 03, 2016, 06:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw A Man Escaped and although it was meant to be the first of some French Resistance films I want to watch, it made me more interested in watching other Robert Bresson films at the moment. Diary of A Country Priest and Pickpocket are two more I am going to watch. What are his other best films or ones that you've liked? What do you think are his special qualities (apart from his 'spiritual and ascetic' style)?

Sam

Au Hasard Balthazar, the best donkey flick of the 60s.

Howj Begg

Pickpocket I found a little cliched to be honest, perhaps because the tropes are directly from Crime and Punishment, without any substantial tweaking. The main reasons to watch it are the pickpocketing demonstrations which are amazingly well choreographed. Diary of A Country Priest and The Donkey one are masterpieces for sure, the former in particular is heartachingly brilliant.

Still have to watch his Lancelot film, and his later ones L'Argent and The Devil, probably. Oh and A Man Escaped.