Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Film 4 funding statement references new Chris Morris project

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 10, 2016, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It does.

http://blog.film4.com/channel-4-announces-major-increase-to-film4-funding/

QuoteFilm4 also has projects in development with some of the UK's most acclaimed filmmakers such as Steve McQueen, Mike Leigh, Lenny Abrahamson, Yorgos Lanthimos and Chris Morris. - See more at: http://blog.film4.com/channel-4-announces-major-increase-to-film4-funding/#sthash.myTPSYjF.dpuf

Blinder Data

Wow this is the first I heard of it you must be one switched on guy

Kane Jones

Socks blown clean off. Shoulders, you're one heck of a guy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 10, 2016, 03:50:14 PM
Wow this is the first I heard of it you must be one switched on guy

Aw thanks...well...you know... I try

Glebe

Nah, too late. He's been inactive too long. Fuck 'im. Not arsed.

Entropy Balsmalch

A new Chris Morris project announced.

Let's meet back here in five years.

Quote from: Entropy Balsmalch on February 11, 2016, 07:50:18 PM
A new Chris Morris project announced.

Let's meet back here in five years.

Cor, that would be 2021.

Think back to last century, when there was something inherently exciting and futuristic about such a date.

2021! Sounded so distant, so mysterious and full of promise before. Flying cars? Probably. VR? Natch. World Peace? Doubtful but you never know.

And then look at us, sat here, on our collective arse in 2016, a mere cat fart away from 2021... and we're thinking, fucking hell, please kill us all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

MoonDust

Quote from: clingfilm portent on February 11, 2016, 08:49:18 PM
Cor, that would be 2021.

Think back to last century, when there was something inherently exciting and futuristic about such a date.

2021! Sounded so distant, so mysterious and full of promise before. Flying cars? Probably. VR? Natch. World Peace? Doubtful but you never know.

And then look at us, sat here, on our collective arse in 2016, a mere cat fart away from 2021... and we're thinking, fucking hell, please kill us all.

The Roman numerals for it are boring, though.

MMXXI

Least it makes chiseling into buildings easier.

The 19th century must have been an arse to chisel out on buildings, especially for 1888.

MDCCCLXXXVIII

Fuck that. I'd demand double pay if I was a stone mason.

Glebe

Annette Kellerman writes about Film4: the "little" studio who could.

QuoteUnder the longtime leadership of Tessa Ross, Film4 has garnered recent attention for developing and co-financing such Oscar fare as Danny Boyles's SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, Steve McQueen's 12 YEARS A SLAVE, and Phyllida Lloyd's THE IRON LADY, while also nurturing more "mainstream alternative" films like Ben Wheatley's SIGHTSEERS, Chris Morris' FOUR LIONS, and Jonathan Glazer's UNDER THE SKIN.

Hilariously dumb comment below:

QuoteWatched Under the Skin. The theme seemed to be: 'Rapists can be heroes too'. Very controversial. I mean, he was the guy who put an end to her homicidal excursions.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hahaha, that's the first time I've ever read that interpretation of events.

It's actually amazing anyone could possibly think that.

Jumble Cashback

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI think we can have enough trust in Morris to know that everything he touches turns to gold.

One tidbit they have announced is that his budget has been increased from £15 million to £25 million – I mean, Chris Morris + £25 million = film of the century, don't you think? I'm getting excited just writing about it.

There's excited fandom and there's just parading being a moronic fuckwit.

Also that page is brower-killing bloat. Fucking hell that took nearly a minute just to copy that text above.

Anyway, aside the obnoxious author and retrograde website this is exciting.

Glebe

Maybe it is just gossip, but I like the thought of Morris with a half-decent budget for a movie. He has suggested in the past that he'd like to do a musical comedy thing, something in the vein of Meaning of Life or South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut would be lovely.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2016, 01:34:07 PMAlso that page is brower-killing bloat. Fucking hell that took nearly a minute just to copy that text above.

Thanks for the warning - on my machine that would have DEFINITELY killed it, given how it copes with most things, so thanks for sparing me a power-cycle. :-)