Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:14:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which film have you watched the most?

Started by Custard, February 11, 2016, 09:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on February 11, 2016, 05:37:49 PM
but I can quote loads of bits from Wayne's World 2.

Try it, and I'll have to beat you to death with your own shoes.

Old Nehamkin

"This may be the reason why Keith cannot be killed by conventional weapons".

Yeah, it's probably Wayne's World 2 for me as well. I don't know why because I definitely like Wayne's World 1 more, but there it is, nothing to be done about it.

"Gordon Street?"

neveragain

When I latch on to something, I'll watch/listen/read it to death and film-wise for me it was Cloud Atlas that I've probably watched the most (because there's something beautiful in every scene; be it acting, dialogue, set dressing, costume, cinematography or music... You can get lost in it, it's gorgeous, and I love the book and all that's in it) but The Truman Show has to come somewhere close because it just gets me somewhere existential, and the ending never fails to grip.

I have also binged on Python's Meaning of Life because it's such a frenetic, visceral mess of ideas. The more I've seen it the more I think there aren't any weak spots, whereas Holy Grail always seems unevenly paced. No complaints about Brian though.

Sam

biggytitbo

- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Temple of Doom
- Sons of the Desert
- Goldfinger
- A View to a Kill
- Way Out West
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Clue
- Back to the Future 2
- 2 Tight Teens Take Fat Cocks
- The Wicker Man
- Terminator
- The Italian Job
- JFK
- The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
- Quatermass and the Pit
- Carry on Camping
- Scrooge (1951)
- Foul Play
- Murder by Death

phantom_power

There are also the weird outliers of films I used to rent from my local video shop on a regular basis at the weekends and holidays. Back in the days of limited stock I would get films like National Lampoon's Class Re-union and Johnny Dangerously out all the time. I hadn't seen either for a coupe of decades at least but when I saw them again recently almost every line was familiar

prwc

Aside from childhood VHS favourites, it would have to be The Room. I find it a lot more rewarding to revisit than most conventionally good films, there's always some stupid little line or new plothole I'd forgotten about each time I watch it. It's a blisteringly fast watch too, not a moment is wasted.

Mr Banlon

The French Connection
Style Wars
Ipcress File
Costa Rica Studies
Mean Streets
The Odd Couple
Le Samourai

weekender

Mine is Dr Strangelove[nb]Or 'How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb[/nb]; I just can't seem to tire of it.  Most times I watch it, there's at least one scene where I think "Hang on, that can't possibly have been based on real events during the Cold War, can it?", then I go and read about the Cold War and the stupid fucking things that have happened due to personkind[nb]Don't blame me, blame GamerGate.  Thank me for inserting this footnote at the exact right point though, the karma button's over to the left if you want to congratulate me.  Now go back and press the '2.' button to the left and watch it take you back to the original point in the post.  Wow, huh?[/nb]'s idiocy.

My favourite line of anything, ever, is the last line of this scene - come on, it's 36 seconds in total, give it a go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeqVGP-GPM

The whole film is incredible, bearing in mind that it was released in 1964, shortly after the Cuban Missile Crisis.  I know Peter Sellers usually gets most of the attention for playing three characters really well, but George C. Scott is utterly sublime[nb]There's something in my head about him not actually being told it was a parody[/nb], and part of me thinks that his performance in this outranks Sellers.  The whole cast plays everything perfectly though, it's such a wonderful film that portrays the ultimate reality of the bleak destruction that could have faced humanity in the mid-1960s alongside the bleak reality of day-to-day decision making at that time.

neveragain

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 11, 2016, 07:10:25 PM
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Oh God yes, lost count of that one too. It's just one of those films with so many good separate moments you can join it at any moment and become swept along. See also: Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

shiftwork2

I've had a weird obsession with Sexy Beast for the last ten years and that's now my most-watched film.  Maybe I like to think I'm on holiday in Spain!!!  Or maybe I like watching Ian McShane accept a fat length.

The Burbs. Must have watched that over 50 times now.

Steven

Quote from: clingfilm portent on February 11, 2016, 09:11:45 PM
The Burbs. Must have watched that over 50 times now.

What's Robert Durst's favourite movie?

Spoiler alert
The Burps!
[close]

Lord Mandrake

Before parenthood probably The Doors or Do the rigt thing or Colours now either lego movie or school of rock.

thraxx

Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome, which I've watched 4 times.

QDRPHNC

Either The Burbs or Bram Stoker's Dracula or Temple of Doom

Terminator 2
Annie Hall
The Shining
Ghostbusters

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 11, 2016, 05:39:37 PM
(I would set the video to record late night films without my parents realising).

This technique enabled me to see The Crow aged 11 and Species aged 12.

Absorb the anus burn

- The Day The Earth Caught Fire
- The Parallax View
- Quatermass I & II, Quatermass & The Pit.
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- Annie Hall / Sleeper / Love And Death
- Went The Day Well?
- Fanny And Alexander.
- The 400 Blows
- Night Of The Demon / Curse Of The Demon
- Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers (1978)
- The Shining
- Carry On Camping / Cleo / Regardless / Spying / Constable / Doctor / Matron / Screaming
- I Know Where I'm Going
- Three Colours Red

Dex Sawash

Never really sought out either of these movies but just saw them due to being on some channel every weekend for 30+ years. Would take a lot of effort to bump them off the most seen list.

pigamus

Gregory's Girl. The best part's just before you taste it... but that can't go on forever.

BlodwynPig

Blade Runner definitely, especially as that boxed set is an immediate fivefer. So probably around 20 times. Lynch films into double figures.

Paaaaul

On my 14th or 15th birthday I received a copy of The Rocky Horror Picture Show on VHS. I watched it every day for 30 days. I've probably seen it 3 or 4 times since.

samadriel

Quote from: weekender on February 11, 2016, 09:01:48 PMI know Peter Sellers usually gets most of the attention for playing three characters really well, but George C. Scott is utterly sublime[nb]There's something in my head about him not actually being told it was a parody[/nb],
I believe it was Slim Pickens who laboured under that impression.

Brundle-Fly

Probably Goldfinger (1964). It was on ITV a lot during the 70s and 80s.

Followed closely by The Wizard Of Oz (1939), It was on every Xmas for a long time similarly It's A Wonderful Life (1946).

I'm quite concerned that I've seen 10,Rillington Place(1971) about six or seven times.

Dr Rock

Evil Dead 2
Blade Runner
Head (while tripping man)
Er, Grease.
Die Hard
All the Monty Pythons
Splash! (was a big Hanks fan at the time)
Star Wars OT
Eastwood westerns
Once Upon A Time In America
Cannonball Run
American Werewolf In london
Withnail & I
It's A Wonderful Life
Superman 2
Out Of The Past
Performance

Entropy Balsmalch

During my time working for Blockbuster Video I saw several film over and over again.

Disney's Aladin was one because we were to have it running in the store all the time as it was a big deal when it was released. At around 70 minutes means I would've seen it six or so times per shift. For a month.

By my reckoning that's around 120 times.

You could only watch Us and PGs in store, and at the time they weren't many titles. I ended up rotating Groundhog Day, Housesitter and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

I estimate I've seen those three more than 100 times each too.

Jack Shaftoe

I totally get the trance-like state people have mentioned with rewatching Blade Runner, it just hits all the buttons, doesn't it, especially with that soundtrack, and the relative lack of action just pulls you in.

Out Of Sight I've watched over and over again, it's just so damn watchable, as is Grosse Point Blank. However there are a couple of, erm, not great films that I still can't resist watching over and over, them being (whispers) Elektra and that first Resident Evil film. I don't know why, but they're just enormously enjoyable to watch, and not in a 'so crap they're great' way, they're just undemanding fun.

Also if you have kids, you end up watching the same things over and over again - or at least having them on in the background over and over again. Currently it's Madagascar 3: The Circus One, which turns out to be surprisingly great.