Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,349
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which film have you watched the most?

Started by Custard, February 11, 2016, 09:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

As a child we had a few VHS tapes that me and my brother watched over and over again. Top of the list would have to be Home Alone, Gremlins one and two, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, TMNT 2: The Secret of the Ooze and Batman Forever. We both prefered the first Turtles and Batman films, but for some reason we only had these lacklustre sequels. Didn't matter at the time though. We knew every line of those tapes and would  often act out the whole story while watching them.

As a teen, for some reason I really liked American Pie and watched it loads of times. Probably wouldn't hold up now. Scream I would put in the same category of a film I rinsed the shit out of but now don't feel like watching again. There are also films like Lock Stock, The Matrix, Waynes World, Happy Gilmour and Pulp Fiction that anyone who was a certain age in that era watched over and over again almost through osmosis. I remember once someone even put Lock Stock on at the youth club. Other than that I watched Almost Famous, Withnail & I, Battle Royale, BASEketball, Evil Dead II, High Fidelity, and The Royal Tenenbaums many times. I find even if I like serious films I find I can't watch them over and over. There has to be something trashy about them to deserve repeat viewings.

Golden E. Pump

Commando.

I lived in a shared house with five other guys for two years at uni. This became our "go-to" drinking game film (every death, every one liner) to the extent where we once had about thirty various acquaintances in a small living room (some of whom I distinctly remember being shirtless) singing along to the Power Station song over the end credits.

Needless to say, anytime one of my former housemates is in town inevitably someone suggests that we play the Commando drinking game. I swear I've seen that movie 100 times in ten years.

Jack Traven

Speed (1994, Jan de Bont)

It's a very cool and fun movie with plenty of action and suspense, impossible to grow bored of! My Mother and I used to watch it together almost weekly Before. We were always on the edge of our seats.

It has some funny bits which I am sure Comedy Fans would like.

Zeluvia

Fight Club.   I love a good romantic comedy.

Repeater

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 05, 2016, 10:47:33 PM
The Room and The Big Lebowski are the two I can think of that I've actually started again from the beginning once they've finished. 

My friend and I ended up watching The Room three times in one day (once on DVD, then at the cinema, then on the new Blu-Ray we bought at the cinema), and it honestly never got boring.

Between cinema screenings, personal viewings/introducing it to others, and things like the Rifftrax commentary, I estimate I've seen The Room around 30 times.

As a teenager I probably watched The Shining at least 15 times the whole way through, and as a kid I can't imagine how many times I watched The Vikings and Spartacus.

The Room is the only film to cause me to literally cry with tears of laughter. Every fucking scene btw. Magic.

As for me, either Spinal Tap or Mistaken for Strangers.

Quote from: Zeluvia on July 09, 2016, 01:01:32 AM

Marry me and then we can give out little bars of soap to all the guests.

Steven

Not as good as the original TV series it was heavily plagiarised from: Mr Robot

monkfromhavana

Predator.

It's fucking brilliant. "Get to the chopppppper", "What's got Billy spooked?" "I ain't got time to bleed". "If it bleeds, we can kill it". "What's the matter, the CIA got you pushing too many pencils?"

Basically, me and my mates go to drunken movie, narrowly pipping RoboCop into second place.

On a personal level, I've probably seen Trading Places far too many times.

Serge

I still maintain that the line, "Marla....I really like you." is the most romantic line in the history of cinema.

thraxx

Dawn of the Dead or Aliens or Spinal Tap or Das Boot.

I have watched Jodorowsky's Dune 3 times this year already.  It's incredible.

Repeater

Quote from: Serge on July 23, 2016, 09:01:01 PM
I still maintain that the line, "Marla....I really like you." is the most romantic line in the history of cinema.

Aye but it's no

Galeee

Another one for Blade Runner.
Along with the Fisher King, Time Bandits, 2001, the Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover, Wicker Man and Dogma.

Repeater

2001 is the greatest goat of all time

Golden E. Pump

Update: For those of you that saw my above post, I'm visiting my mate who has just moved to Gloucester this weekend with a few other friends. Guess which film was the first film suggested?

I might do a live CaB drink-along Commando thread.

phantom_power

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 23, 2016, 05:57:57 PM
Predator.

It's fucking brilliant. "Get to the chopppppper", "What's got Billy spooked?" "I ain't got time to bleed". "If it bleeds, we can kill it". "What's the matter, the CIA got you pushing too many pencils?"

Basically, me and my mates go to drunken movie, narrowly pipping RoboCop into second place.

On a personal level, I've probably seen Trading Places far too many times.

I watched it the other night for the first time in years. In many ways it is a very badly made film. Some of the direction is pretty crude and nothing like the McTiernan of Die Hard etc. Still fantastic though, but awful at the same time

brat-sampson

The Room is probably the only film I've seen double-digit times as an adult. Every time I introduce it to new people it's an absolute pleasure. I think I've seen it in the cinema thrice, and if it was showing tonight, I'd go again.

Bazooka

Quote from: brat-sampson on August 12, 2016, 09:51:12 AM
The Room is probably the only film I've seen double-digit times as an adult. Every time I introduce it to new people it's an absolute pleasure. I think I've seen it in the cinema thrice, and if it was showing tonight, I'd go again.

Good choice, I don't give any background to it when I show it to people. I simply say it is a cult classic and wait until the pin drops 10 minutes in, all the time holding back the sniggering.

Dr Syntax Head

I've watched DiG! quite a lot of times and recently I watched Locke several times in a row.

neveragain

In a row? Good on ya! Great little film. Goes nicely with Buried.

buzby

Another one for Blade Runner, I must have watched it well over 100 times across all the versions since I first bought it on VHS ('International' theatrical cut) back in 1989. As mentioned by someone earlier, despite being so familiar with it I can recite the dialogue off by heart, it's a film that you can just lose yourself in the visuals, soundtrack and atmosphere.

After that, it's 2001 (finally saw it on the cinema last year, but I really want to see the Super 70mm print the next time it comes to the NMM in Bradford), I first watched it on a 12" Binatone black and white portable I got for Christmas when I was 12 (dad wasn't having that 'boring rubbish' on in the living room) and fell in love with it, so when I first got to see it in colour a few years later it was a revelation.

Apart from seeing Blade Runner on the cinema 4 times (twice each when the Directors Cut and Final Cut were first released) the next most is actually Dredd 3D at 3 times (twice in 3D, once in 2D).

Repeater

FredNurke

It's either Transformers: the Movie (the 1986 animated one, naturally) or Miracle on 34th Street (the real one, not the fake one that doesn't even exist). Sorry.