Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:46:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trip Series 3

Started by Beagle 2, February 11, 2016, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: weekender on May 08, 2017, 08:49:25 PM

Only it doesn't work, for the same reason that if you asked me about Birmingham I couldn't really sell it.  Mind you, Birmingham's probably a bad example.

Yep, I could talk up Birmingham as a place to live and work until the cows come home, but as a place for a relaxing week's holiday with a gastronomic focus, not so much. 

mothman

I finally finished watching this. I started bingeining it in December, then stopped, and completed it the other day. Which may speak to how uninspiring I found it all. It felt really retrograde, back to a series 1 dynamic, wghereas I felt like series 2 really advanced the "plot" and the relationship between the pair. And as others have pointed out, really wasted the Spanish locations; or maybe they just weren't distinctivce enough? It all looked the same.

What always striked me about this show though is how far apart the serieses are, but you don't notice. Series 1 in 2010; 2 in 2014, 3 in 2017. Odd way to end it, too; perhaps it's meant to imply that's it, the end, the in-show Cookgan was kidnapped then  murdered by Daesh. But again you think, what? Islamic State kidnapping people in Morocco? In 2017? That feels a bit hackneyed and behind the tie, to be honest.

Too much repepating of established impressions. The Moore/Moor bit was awful. Though conversely I liked the Moores' trying to talk each other into imbibing the poisoned food.

If there was a subsequent series - and I think a US one would be a really good move, if they can find the culinary locations to go to - I'd watch, but I'd not have my hopes up.