Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:08:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird mad SF/horror films

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, February 14, 2016, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbert Ashe

^ Yep - the HKMDB entry for Jeff Lau makes this clearer (not that it's difficult, given the state IMDB gets into sometimes).

PAGATRON

Blumf

Quote from: PAGATRON on February 22, 2016, 04:15:24 PM
Any love for Demon Seed

Lots, and it's been ages since I've seen it. I'd say it's grim in the way only 70s films can be, but I think Beyond the Black Rainbow captured that 70s vibe quiet well back in 2010.

purlieu

Quote from: prwc on February 21, 2016, 10:58:46 PM
I'm glad the trend of giving films multiple titles has largely died out.
It's really tedious. The Borderlands lost its lovely title for the US release, renamed Final Prayer. What a shit title.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: purlieu on February 22, 2016, 05:20:17 PM
It's really tedious. The Borderlands lost its lovely title for the US release, renamed Final Prayer. What a shit title.

Yeah it still goes on here quite a bit too. A few recent examples:

Is that The Houses October Built that you're watching? No, I'm watching The Houses Of Halloween!

Is that Lord Of Tears that you're watching? No, I'm watching The Owlman!

Is that Suspension you're watching? No, I'm watching Dead of Night!

A friend was talking about this yesterday, said the title changes were just part of the "Asdafication" process, just like the identikit DVD covers all using the same three stock images.

Glebe

Quote from: PAGATRON on February 22, 2016, 04:15:24 PMAny love for Demon Seed

Yeah, creepy as fuck. The
Spoiler alert
cold, cruel decapitation scene
[close]
is a classic disturbing film moment.

Head Gardener

is it just me or is this a bad idea?

mothman

LOVE that film. The bit where Murphy the steam engine is prevented from arresting the ambitious junior executive because of his programming, and then the Fat Controller tells him he's fired, and Murphy runs him over... cinematic gold.

Blumf

Alex J. Tank Engine: Come quietly or there will be... delays at Dalston Junction

Mr. Peregrine Percival: Troublesome Trucks, leave!

Dr. Beeching: I know you. You're dead! We killed you!