Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:02:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Game Of Thrones - Season 6

Started by NoSleep, February 15, 2016, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Must be close enough to start a season 6 thread. Just found this on the GoT-TV Wiki:

Max Von Sydow as the Three-Eyed Raven and a standing Bran. I suppose it could just be between takes. And that looks like like it might be Winterfell (or Castle Black) behind them.

mothman

Hangthebuggers

Proper teaser coming any day now... Can't fucking wait.

NoSleep

Quote from: mothman on February 15, 2016, 11:13:38 PM
Oblig trailer:

http://youtu.be/OmrA8nOZF2Q

Odd; does that mean Tyrion is going to die this season? He's the only one shown who has yet to be killed (although we didn't get a sound bite from him as we did all the other dead people).

Fry

Nah, in that shot you can see a few other still alive characters. I can make out Arya below him and Sansa to the left

NoSleep

It was odd that they picked him out to focus upon after all the dead 'uns. Maybe it's just a crap trailer.

Norton Canes

If he's there with Sansa, Arya etc. then isn't the implication that there's going to be another Red Wedding style slaughter?

Or at least that they'll all peg it somehow.

NoSleep

I'll glad to get shot of the last of those whiny Starks for sure.

BritishHobo

I notice Stannis is absent from the dead face parade.

NoSleep

kitsofan34

Quote from: NoSleep on February 16, 2016, 08:05:16 AM
Odd; does that mean Tyrion is going to die this season? He's the only one shown who has yet to be killed (although we didn't get a sound bite from him as we did all the other dead people).

Arya, Sansa, Danaerys and Jaime are all there in that final shot. A very weird trailer, since it starts with showing only exclusively killed off characters.

mothman

Ah, but are there any dead ones shown after Jon Snow? There's the rub. If he's the transition from "dead" faces to "live" ones...

Famous Mortimer

Someone at work showed me a photo of
Spoiler alert
Lady Stoneheart
[close]
, as tweeted by Peter Dinklage. Was he having me on? I can't find it anywhere.

mothman

If it really happened then it's just something the cast like to do to prank the fans. Lena Headey previously did something similar. Unless they get desperate for "classic" GoT plot lines (from the old books while waiting for the new ones) I don't think she'll be making an appearance.

Head Gardener

BritishHobo

No Stannis but also conversely no dead body Stannis

thugler

Is the flaming upside down guy not stannis?

Spoiler alert
Also there are two brief glimpses of what appears to be John Snow..
[close]

BritishHobo

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: wooders1978 on March 09, 2016, 08:03:46 AM
Already bored by daenarys
Welcome to my world about halfway through the first season.

I'll miss "Watch The Thrones", the Grantland video podcast where they reviewed / explained every episode. Does anyone watch anything similar? While I have no desire to re-read the books, it was fun to be reminded of stuff that had gone on, and I liked their insight.

The Duck Man

It's not a very good trailer, is it? Barely any dialogue, just moody portentous shots for half, then a frenzy of jump cuts. A good offering might have seen my anticipation override my concerns after last year's mixed bag season.

NoSleep

It's just a trailer and misleads like all trailers (apart from the stupid ones that give away the plot). But trepidation is the correct attitude to take after last season.

I doubt that it's Stannis upside down & aflame. That's somebody's army behind it; either the Boltons or somebody following in their wake.

monolith

It's weird not knowing what is happening in this season. Can't tease non book readers at work with red herring knowing/unknowing smiles at any of their little theories.

Better not be shit.

Spoiler alert
I don't have a clue obviously, but regarding Jon Snow, I've decided I'm willing to accept him as a mad zombie king going to fuck up the Bolton's. I think that's about all I'm willing to accept though, warging in to a dragon is crap, resurrection is a bit trite and having him just be dead and nothing else will have been a waste of a lot of foreshadowing and set up with regards to his apparent importance. Why have someone with (possibly) Targaryan and Stark blood if it's going to be meaningless?
[close]

BritishHobo

I think
Spoiler alert
resurrection has been set up the best, though. It clearly works well enough with the Brotherhood Without Banners.
[close]

wooders1978

Was that some lezzin' off I spied as well?

colacentral

Look, why ask the question? You've obviously already created the gif.

monolith

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 09, 2016, 10:21:47 PM
I think
Spoiler alert
resurrection has been set up the best, though. It clearly works well enough with the Brotherhood Without Banners.
[close]
Yeah I'd take that,
Spoiler alert
I guess I meant that as a "major twist" the zombie king shit I'd accept. Having him be resurrected isn't really a twist because it's what everyone expects, which is why I think something else might happen.
[close]

Famous Mortimer

They might dovetail
Spoiler alert
Lady Stoneheart
[close]
's story into his?