Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:44:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Game Of Thrones - Season 6

Started by NoSleep, February 15, 2016, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

I'd guess that photo of Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven is them having a vision while still being in that hole in the ground north of the Wall.

On Den of Geek they listed 125 things they'd learnt from the season 5 DVDs. Most of them are behind the scenes stuff, but one is that Stannis
Spoiler alert
is definitely dead
[close]

BritishHobo

I can't seem to find that in the article -
Spoiler alert
I'm trying not to read much of it because I love listening to the commentaries, so I've just been ctrl+f-ing 'stannis', 'death', etc.
[close]
- do you mind quoting it for me?

NoSleep

Spoiler alert
"Stannis is dead"
[close]

BritishHobo

See, that seems ambiguous to me.

Custard

The entire season will be focused on Stannis, and how he copes with being
Spoiler alert
dead
[close]

Old Thrashbarg

Alberon

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 11, 2016, 12:57:19 PM
I can't seem to find that in the article -
Spoiler alert
I'm trying not to read much of it because I love listening to the commentaries, so I've just been ctrl+f-ing 'stannis', 'death', etc.
[close]
- do you mind quoting it for me?

I couldn't find it by ctrl+f either so I was beginning to think they'd removed it, or I'd imagined it, but then I found it manually.

Spoiler alert
115. Brienne does 100% kill Stannis in that scene. The only reason they didn't show him actually dying was to avoid being gratuitous.
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Of course
Spoiler alert
Stannis
[close]
is
Spoiler alert
dead
[close]
. Anyone who thinks otherwise is silly. Just silly.

BritishHobo

It's because it's on the second page of the article. Showing up for me now.

NoSleep

BritishHobo

Osmium

Stannis will be in it as a ghost.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

They could move his
Spoiler alert
corpse
[close]
around using a
Spoiler alert
stairlift
[close]

Dannyhood91

I hope is Jon Snow is still alive, he's learned more facial expressions.

Steven

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on March 12, 2016, 01:39:16 PM

mikeyg27

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on March 12, 2016, 01:39:16 PM

True story: I walked past Kit Harrington a couple of weeks ago, and he had that expression on his face (his hair was at full length BTW, but I think it's too late schedule-wise for that to mean anything)

Dr Funke

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 09, 2016, 09:27:21 AM
I'll miss "Watch The Thrones", the Grantland video podcast where they reviewed / explained every episode. Does anyone watch anything similar? While I have no desire to re-read the books, it was fun to be reminded of stuff that had gone on, and I liked their insight.

The two main guys from Watch the Thrones are back podcasting together at https://soundcloud.com/channel33 so it may be worth checking there after the show airs to see if they revive it.

mothman

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on March 11, 2016, 09:58:14 PM
They could move his
Spoiler alert
corpse
[close]
around using a
Spoiler alert
stairlift
[close]

Spoiler alert
Weekend at Stannis'?
[close]

Custard

NoSleep

And Stephen Dillane has been busy elsewhere (his tenure in GoT described on IMDB as "2013-2015" whilst Kit Harington's says "2011-2016").

Famous Mortimer

Peter Dinklage is hosting "Saturday Night Live" early in April, he was pretty funny in his brief previous appearance, so it stands a good chance of being decent. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been on it too, so he might pop up if he's in town. Some skits, should your mind be un-made-up:

The story behind GOT's nudity

Peter Drunklage

Game Of Game Of Thrones

Bhazor

I do like how in the trailer Melisandre getting her norks out is given the same importance as the battles and murders. I'm sure it'll be just as tasteful and neccesary as all the other scenes.

The reason for all the sex scenes is that the books generally follow this sequence Set up-> New cast introduced -> Fuck all -> Fuck all -> Really good exciting chapter -> Fuck all -> Fuck all -> Cliff hanger. Fully 90% of the books are characters sitting in a room talking about what they're going to do and then at the end of the chapter saying "Fuck, that won't work. Next POV". Its become a running gag among readers that there is often more prose dedicated to food than to anything plot or character related. So to make all the exposition bearable they take the inner monologe, turn it into a dialog with a prostitute and remove bras. Or have the dialog take place with PG 13 humping away in the background. Which is, you know, an improvement.

brat-sampson

Quote from: Alberon on March 11, 2016, 02:21:09 PM
I couldn't find it by ctrl+f either so I was beginning to think they'd removed it, or I'd imagined it, but then I found it manually.

Spoiler alert
115. Brienne does 100% kill Stannis in that scene. The only reason they didn't show him actually dying was to avoid being gratuitous.
[close]

Lol. From the show that decapitated a horse and did what it did to the Viper...

BritishHobo

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy it. I'm pretty sure it was the episode before in which Arya subjected her paedo mate to one of the most protracted and gory deaths I've seen in the show. I always pick up the DVDs and listen to all the commentaries before the new season starts, so I'll look forward once my dissertation's over to hearing whichever 'actor' it is tell a boldfaced LIE.

Head Gardener

Alberon

On the issue of spoiling GRRM's future books in the series the show's producers have this to say.

QuoteHere's what Benioff said on the matter...

"People are talking about whether the books are going to be spoiled – and it's really not true. So much of what we're doing diverges from the books at this point. And while there are certain key elements that will be the same, we're not going to talk so much about that – and I don't think George is either. People are going to be very surprised when they read the books after the show. They're quite divergent in so many respects for the remainder of the show."

And Mr Weiss added this...

"At a certain point, we realized we were going to outpace the books and we kind of chose to see it as a great thing on both sides – there's this amazing world George has created and now there are two different versions, and there's no reason we can see why you can't be thrilled and surprised and dismayed by both of these different versions of this world."

From Den of Geek.

Which is fine in itself, but I do worry that without the books to follow so closely we'll start to see much more standard TV plotting like the gibberish set in Dorne last season.

NoSleep

Quote from: Alberon on March 24, 2016, 09:02:26 AM
Which is fine in itself, but I do worry that without the books to follow so closely we'll start to see much more standard TV plotting like the gibberish set in Dorne last season.

Not to mention the dumbness of Jon's assassins.

Famous Mortimer

Ensuring a decade of heated debate about which version was best, too. Not the stupidest idea in the world, although the TV show was rough at times last year.

monolith

GRRM will be dead before he finishes six and seven (he's even hinted at eight or more before).

Look at the state of him, he's not a man who is going to live a long life and seeing as this is 2016, where the grim reaper has decided to commit genocide on celebs then he'll be lucky to get even the sixth book out.