Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Picture editing apps (iOS)

Started by WesterlyWinds, February 22, 2016, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesterlyWinds

What picture editing apps do you bastards use? I don't want anything too fancy (or expensive!!) but want to be able to edit pictures and photos on my iPad. Overlaying multiple photos in particular as I'm currently playing a slightly less twisted version of WimbleWrong with a friend and when I can access a desktop I use GIMP but there doesn't appear to be an equivalent app that I can see

Ignatius_S

Have a look at Pixelmator; think that should do - however, there are so many articles and app round-ups on this subject, you should be able to find some decent resources, as are more dedicated forums, especially for any technical issues.

WesterlyWinds

Quote from: Ignatius_S on February 22, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
Have a look at Pixelmator; think that should do - however, there are so many articles and app round-ups on this subject, you should be able to find some decent resources, as are more dedicated forums, especially for any technical issues.

The huge amount of information is part of the problem, I just want someone to tell me what to get. I'm lazy like that (and for some reason trust the bunch of near-strangers on here than near-strangers on other forums)

Ignatius_S

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on February 22, 2016, 03:28:57 PM
The huge amount of information is part of the problem, I just want someone to tell me what to get. I'm lazy like that (and for some reason trust the bunch of near-strangers on here than near-strangers on other forums)

Oh sure, a lot of information can be confusing. However, a major reason I suggested about round-ups is that this source of information is very common and usually key points are presented in a clear manner, particularly those that might relate to information relevant to you but you haven't posted. For example, although iOS apps tend to have good compatibility across devices, sometimes performance is weaker on older devices or there isn't compatible – so what device you have would be useful to know. I mentioned Pixelmator, which is an excellent app, but although it's compatible with iPad 2, performance is noticeably better on more recent models and those are the ones that are recommended.

The reason I mentioned other forums is that when is someone after something quite specific, which might not be that common, those can be a great resource – going back to Pixelmator (again), IIRC, the development team are active on the company website.

Although I have used quite a few image-editing apps, I haven't used any for overlaying images and as that's a big requirement for you, my recommendations are going to be limited. Pixelmator is layer-based, so would try checking that out.