Author Topic: The Norm Macdonald Thread Over Here  (Read 112656 times)

Re: The Norm Macdonald Thread Over Here
« Reply #1050 on: May 27, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »
The holocaust denier's on today's Joe Rogan podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHqvYesr9M

At two hours forty minutes that's the longest Adam Egret's ever gone without mentioning the smoke stacks at Auschwitz.

« Reply #1051 on: May 27, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »
Egret says the podcast is going to be back in the fall (autumn).
Must say, he's looking rather spiteful.

« Reply #1052 on: May 27, 2020, 02:28:29 PM »
At two hours forty minutes that's the longest Adam Egret's ever gone without mentioning the smoke stacks at Auschwitz.
Although he snuck in a Schindler's List mention early on.

« Reply #1053 on: May 27, 2020, 02:36:36 PM »
'Colourised Schindler's List' went right over Joe Rogan's head, despite his extensive knowledge of just murdering

« Reply #1054 on: May 28, 2020, 02:47:58 PM »
Although he snuck in a Schindler's List mention early on.

Fair point. These revisionists can't help themselves.

Very exciting news that NML is to return in one form or another. Joe Rogan enthusiastically agreed to be a guest.

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #1055 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:26 PM »
Egret says the podcast is going to be back in the fall (autumn).
Must say, he's looking rather spiteful.

More of a comment really

« Reply #1056 on: May 30, 2020, 02:05:51 AM »

Actually, having actually now listened to the whole thing all the way through, Egret manages to squeeze a mention of the holocaust right at the very end. He just couldn't help himself.

Puce Moment

• Hi guys
« Reply #1057 on: May 30, 2020, 01:06:54 PM »
Thank you for taking a hit for the team guys. Great to hear that NML might be back!

« Reply #1058 on: June 10, 2020, 02:50:34 PM »

This recent upload was in my YouTube recommendations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vjGxzUyjw

Norm on Tom Green's AXS Show (whatever that is) from 2014, in between seasons of NML. He doesn't say much that I've not heard him say elsewhere but an interview with Norm is never boring. At one point they cut to comedy guests including Harley Morenstein who seems a tad pissed off and mentions that he'd heard Norm say his name "on the computer" - Presumably a reference to that YouTube comedy event when Norm said "All the stars are here.... Harley Morenstein".

What does CAB make of Tom Green? My only exposure to him has been through this, his appearance on NML and a couple of older internet shows he did where his guests included Norm and Gregg Turkington. I remember Freddy Got Fingered being absolutely panned by everyone, but I've never seen it or any of his comedy. Anything good worth seeking out?

Voltan (Man of Steel)

• 8% English, apparently
« Reply #1059 on: June 10, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »
This recent upload was in my YouTube recommendations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vjGxzUyjw

What does CAB make of Tom Green? My only exposure to him has been through this, his appearance on NML and a couple of older internet shows he did where his guests included Norm and Gregg Turkington. I remember Freddy Got Fingered being absolutely panned by everyone, but I've never seen it or any of his comedy. Anything good worth seeking out?

I know next to nothing about Tom Green but for some reason I remember a sketch (maybe in the 90s?) where he painted his parents’ car with a lesbian sex scene (because they like lesbians) and naming it The Slut Mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgfzxXUVsc

Smeraldina Rima

• We both like Chris Morris
« Reply #1060 on: June 10, 2020, 04:15:37 PM »
Thanks for the link to the AXS show. I was going to recommend Live in Philadelphia as the best example of the stand-up he's been doing on a world tour for the last ten years. He put it on Youtube at the end of 2018 but it's been made private now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLmhYGj1bA0

Maybe you can get access or find it somewhere else. There are shorter clips of some of the same bits on Youtube and some lower quality recordings of other full sets but try to find that one.

Here's a shorter set with some of the same material that he put up recently: TOM GREEN POP UP STAND UP SET AT HOLLYWOOD IMPROV

Freddy Got Fingered has a cult following and a few fans here.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #1061 on: June 10, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »
Red Letter Media did a good review of Freddy Got Fingered, if you don't feel like diving into the whole thing.

Is the AXS show his old Canadian one? I remember he carried one of his own shits through the audience and an old man touched it.

« Reply #1062 on: June 10, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »
I know next to nothing about Tom Green but for some reason I remember a sketch (maybe in the 90s?) where he painted his parents’ car with a lesbian sex scene (because they like lesbians) and naming it The Slut Mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgfzxXUVsc

Ha! I quite liked that. Those kind of pranks can often backfire and just end up being cringey, but as it's his parents it's done with a degree of knowing love. Reminds me of one of the Jackass films where they put an alligator (I think) in the bedroom of one of their parents.

Thanks for the link to the AXS show. I was going to recommend Live in Philadelphia as the best example of the stand-up he's been doing on a world tour for the last ten years. He put it on Youtube at the end of 2018 but it's been made private now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLmhYGj1bA0

Maybe you can get access or find it somewhere else. There are shorter clips of some of the same bits on Youtube and some lower quality recordings of other full sets but try to find that one.

Here's a shorter set with some of the same material that he put up recently: TOM GREEN POP UP STAND UP SET AT HOLLYWOOD IMPROV

Freddy Got Fingered has a cult following and a few fans here.

Cheers - I'll check it out and have a look around online for a full set.

Red Letter Media did a good review of Freddy Got Fingered, if you don't feel like diving into the whole thing.

Is the AXS show his old Canadian one? I remember he carried one of his own shits through the audience and an old man touched it.

A great suggestion. Watching the FGF review on RLM right now. Mike loves it and I'm sold on it. It looks truly bizarre. I just read a two sentence review of it- One of those two sentences: "The Trout Mask Replica of cinema.".

I'm not sure what AXS is. Norm made a couple of references to it being owned by a sports celebrity of some kind.