Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Norm Macdonald Thread Over Here

Started by Dr Rock, February 28, 2016, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. logic

Reading the sad news that two of Larry King's adult kids died recently, I couldn't hep but think of what Paul Newman had to say on the subject

shagatha crustie

Quote from: Dusty Substance on September 02, 2020, 02:28:46 AM
It's great how Larry King clearly loves Norm so much - The way he flicks the card at him after reading the daft joke.

I like how he calls him 'Macdonald,' like he's addressing a disruptive but endearing pupil.

Keebleman

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 25, 2020, 03:40:36 AM
This is one of the best Norm bits ever, isn't it?

https://youtu.be/h8h-xeuC1L0

The sheer tastelessness, the joy on Norm's face, the host's horrified yet delighted laughter. Can't sleep because of the fucking universe being a cunt and Norm makes it better, the beautiful bastard.

Irwin died 14 years ago today.  I've watched this clip eight or nine times already today as a tribute.  I suppose it would be a more appropriate tribute if I watched a clip that was actually of him, but I can't be arsed.

Puce Moment

I can't stop saying 9/11 Airlines.

It's getting annoying, but I can't help it. I said it on David Earl's Twitch as he was flying to India on Flight Simulator and someone said the Norm bit in the chat.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 05, 2020, 08:16:55 PM
I can't stop saying 9/11 Airlines.

I too have picked up some Normisms and dropped them into everyday conversations.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Dusty Substance on September 06, 2020, 03:12:36 PM
I too have picked up some Normisms and dropped them into everyday conversations.

yep:

"Holy Lord!"
"on account of"
"goes by the name of"
"don't care for"

Goldentony

Yeah, similar my internal voice has started adding "boy I tell ya" and "HOLY LORD", less so "WHORES" and "OR SO THE GERMANS WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE"

Cold Meat Platter

lazyhour

Quote from: Dusty Substance on September 06, 2020, 03:12:36 PM

HAH?

Goldentony

Normy, Normy, Normy.....

Hockey, Normy...

Puce Moment

Nature abhors a vacuum!

Nature abhors a vacuum!

Spoiler alert
But so does my dog.
[close]

Dusty Substance

"What a terrible name for an airline, it reminds me of that tragedy".

#NeverForget

lankyguy95

From what is generally a cesspit, the Norm subreddit

madhair60

QDRPHNC

Quote from: madhair60 on September 26, 2020, 11:56:52 PM
https://vimeo.com/274286756

Almost vomited laughing at this.

Yeah, that might be one of my favourite things ever.

Also, his Dollar Shave Club stuff is equally brilliant.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 27, 2020, 01:52:07 PM
Also, his Dollar Shave Club stuff is equally brilliant.

"These are high quality razors, you could slit your wife's throat!"

Dusty Substance

Quote from: madhair60 on September 26, 2020, 11:56:52 PM
https://vimeo.com/274286756

Almost vomited laughing at this.

Holy Lord, that's good. So much so, I logged into Vimeo for the first time in six years just so I could 'like' it.

mr. logic

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 27, 2020, 02:16:21 PM
"These are high quality razors, you could slit your wife's throat!"

I love how he tosses that joke in as a splutter of indignation; he's just a master.

batwings

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/1312660492733693952?s=20

"Pray for the speedy recovery of the President and the First Lady. If prayer is beyond your moral scope, then at least find it in your heart not to laugh."

Bernice

Dusty Substance

At least they got the homicide out of The White House.

magval

While it's obvious that Norm writes the jokes, is it supposed to be inferred that he writes the Twitter questions as well? I ask because asking for participation from strangers doesn't seem like something he'd do, they're always inline with the direction of the interview, and the Twitter names are generally madeup sounding (even for a website where stupid names are everywhere?)

Jerzy Bondov

I can't tell you how many times I've read and laughed at this bit from Norm's book:

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on November 27, 2020, 10:09:25 AM
I can't tell you how many times I've read and laughed at this bit from Norm's book:

I've not 'read' read it, but have listened to the audiobook three times. It truly is one of the all time best comedy books. There are like three gems like that every minute!

magval

Does Norm read it? It's not on Audible.

Edit: UK. It's on the US Audible. How on earth do I get this? I'll pay for it like.

QDRPHNC

lankyguy95

The chapter or two when he's in prison is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

magval

I've got a US Audible trial now but my phone and laptop can still tell I'm in the UK and download is restricted for copyright reasons. Wonder if I used a VPN to download it would I still be able to use it once the VPN is off? Anyone good at this sort of thing?