Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:21:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Clever Girls". Or boys if you'd rather.

Started by Joy Nktonga, October 23, 2004, 09:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver SurferGhost

Quote from: "Monkeyfucker"Yes I wasnt sure how to go about introductions and such things.
Just you see here then:http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=181
That'll be another 50p thank you TJ
QuoteEveryone seems to use loads of big words here. There seems to be a lot of intelligent people on this board.
Heh, the two don't necessarily follow though, especially not in my case.

Monkeyfucker

Very helpful Silver Surferghost. Thank you young man (50-50) .

I shall go therforth.

slim

Quote from: "Silver SurferGhost"See, this is where not introducing yourself gets us, all sorts of spurious gender assumptions get made.
Does that ever happen round here then? :D

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "Silver SurferGhost"See, this is where not introducing yourself gets us, all sorts of spurious gender assumptions get made.
Does that ever happen round here then? :D

It seems as if yes , indeed. That is the situation.

Cerys

Quote from: "Claude the Lion Tamer"She does the maths problems but I've never seen her get a conundrum.

But she's not there to get words or conundra (see what I did?) - she's there to be mathematical.  Have you ever seen the Whiteley ask if she got the conundrum?  I don't remember it ever happening.  She might get every single one, but just not say so.

slim

Quote from: "Monkeyfucker"It seems as if yes , indeed. That is the situation.
Sorry, that was a tongue out at Purple Tentacle, who thought I had ladybumps. Mind you, I don't blame him if he'd read the Grooming Products and Crying threads. I'm a big girl's blouse, you see.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I didn't wish to imply that Carol couldn't get the conundra (I see what you did) just that that wasn't her role on the show. I fact we seem to be in agreement here Cerys. Anyway Carol can't be thick. She was on How 2 damn it.

Silver SurferGhost

Quote from: "slim"Purple Tentacle...if he'd read the Grooming Products and Crying threads.....
He loves it I tells you, he doth protest too much and that.

Bollock Chops

I've seen interviews with Skeletal Michelle Gellar, and clever or not, she seems quite dull. And she's also married to Hollywood teen-movie dullard Freddie Prinze Junior. So, yes. Dull.

TraceyQ

She's not skeletal, is she? Do you lot have a problem with intelligent people being attractive? Is it not allowed?

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: "Claude the Lion Tamer"I didn't wish to imply that Carol couldn't get the conundra (I see what you did) just that that wasn't her role on the show. I fact we seem to be in agreement here Cerys. Anyway Carol can't be thick. She was on How 2 damn it.

I watched How 2 the other day. Yer man Gaz is still on it. They did a "how to" make a kaliedascope (sp) . I wish Id had a pen and paper. It was fucking great.

Has anyone seen the cruelty to children ads? Theres this weird ventriliquist doll thing sits on this mans knee and the guy like , talks for it. Kinda freaky. It scares me. Just like Chucky does.

I love the ones that tell you youll get free stuff. If you send for an application pack, they also send you a parker pen. Bargain.

Monkeyfucker

oh fuck i got foncused.
The ads stuff got all confused in my mind. Ignore.

slim

Quote from: "TraceyQ"She's not skeletal, is she?
She's looked skeletal in some photos I've seen. I once pondered over the likelihood of some horrific surgery or an eating disorder.

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Do you lot have a problem with intelligent people being attractive?
Good lord, no!

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Is it not allowed?
Good lord, no!

mikeyg27

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Do you lot have a problem with intelligent people being attractive? Is it not allowed?

Well, it's just one of those things, isn't it? One of those unwritten rules. You can't be blessed with both looks and brains, because that's just unfair. Why, it's tantamount to cheating.  Imagine how you would feel if you were only blessed with one or the other. You'd be soooo pissed off to meet someone so obviously better than you in so many fields. Who knows what this mught drive you to do? This way no one gets hurt.

If you're one of those who cheat by having both, well then fuck you. I'm going to sulk in the corner.

I've just about got the brains. Not so much looks though.

intelligence is definitely sexy.  and that doesn't mean you need to have an IQ over 150 or hold a first calss degree.  can you hold an interesting conversation on a range of topics?  can you form an opinion of your own an defend it?  can you realise that, whatever your politics, the Daily Mail is a shitty little piece of crap?  can you talk to my face and not my boobs (although I grant you that they are rather distracting).

while there is a certain attraction in a lovely honed physique, with all those rippling biceps, the attraction can easily be lost when someone opens their mouths and starts talking a load of bollocks.  conversely, someone who is generally unremarkable in the appearance department can suddenly start to appear rather attractive when they can hold their own in arguments about politics, sex, religion or other 'taboos'.

I used to have a philosophy lecturer who wasn't remarkable looking, but drove me to distraction.  I had to stop going to seminars because I spent the whole time daydreaming about being called into his office and 'disciplined' for turning in a poor essay.  "You want a categorical imperative?  I'll give you one...."

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've got the looks. Lets make lots of money!

HA HA HA.

thomasina

Quote from: "domesticgoddess"
I used to have a philosophy lecturer who wasn't remarkable looking, but drove me to distraction.  I had to stop going to seminars because I spent the whole time daydreaming about being called into his office and 'disciplined' for turning in a poor essay.  "You want a categorical imperative?  I'll give you one...."

There's something about philosophy lecturers.