Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grauniads of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Started by Glebe, March 06, 2016, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

No, they haven't released a teaser trailer or anything, but this interesting little titbit made me think, "Fuck it, I'll start a new topic"...

EXCLUSIVE: Stallone pictured on 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2".

Not officially confirmed... they seem to be making a big assumption that he's heading to the set, and you can't see the name on the script, but apparently the cast were definitely all assembled at the hotel. Kurt Russell is already confirmed (rumour has him as Quill's dad), adding Sly to the mix sounds like a fun move to me.

QuoteKIRT RUSSELL

Heh.

Also, here's some pics of the cast rehearsing from about a month ago.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Glebe on March 06, 2016, 10:45:32 AM
adding Sly to the mix sounds like a fun move to me.

Ideal casting- Sly as Groot's dad

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Glebe

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 06, 2016, 01:12:33 PMTango and Cash... In Space!

Oh yeah! D'oh, never even thought of that. Would be fun indeed to see Russell and Stallone sparring with each other... in space!

Glebe

Famous Mortimer

phantom_power

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 11, 2016, 06:29:23 PM
Don't understand this. Will his presence sell a single extra ticket?

Is that the only reason to have an actor in a film?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: phantom_power on March 11, 2016, 06:31:18 PM
Is that the only reason to have an actor in a film?
If they're as expensive and ornery as Sylvester Stallone, then yes. They didn't have any stunt casting like that in the first movie, and it did pretty well.

phantom_power

I doubt he will play a big part in the film. Apparently he plays one of the Ravagers. He might just like the films and want to be in it for a laugh. As you say I doubt he will draw the crowds

Mister Six

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 12, 2016, 05:27:51 PM
If they're as expensive and ornery as Sylvester Stallone, then yes. They didn't have any stunt casting like that in the first movie, and it did pretty well.

They're not big names like Stallone, but GotG did have Benicio Del Toro and John C Reilly in relatively small supporting roles. And the other Marvel films have cast super capable actors like Powers Booth and Jenny Agutter in tiny roles. It's really not that surprising.

Tiny Poster

Glenn Close, too.

Most Marvel movies have a part like that - Robert Redford, Anthony Hopkins, Stanley Tucci, Michael Douglas, Tommy Lee Jones etc

Famous Mortimer

QuoteBenicio Del Toro...John C Reilly...Powers Boothe...Jenny Agutter...Robert Redford, Anthony Hopkins, Stanley Tucci, Michael Douglas, Tommy Lee Jones
I'd have put these a level below Stallone, who was the biggest movie star in the world for a while and was known to  be difficult on set ("expensive and ornery", I said)...but I'm arguing about Sylvester fucking Stallone so I'll shut up.

Tiny Poster

Redford a level below Stallone?

Stallone fits Gunn's aesthetic perfectly.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 12, 2016, 10:32:24 PM
I'd have put these a level below Stallone, who was the biggest movie star in the world for a while and was known to  be difficult on set ("expensive and ornery", I said)...

You're aware this isn't being made in 1985, right?

Mister Six

mothman

He seems like a likeable bloke. But then so did Mel Gibson, and (on top of everything else) it transpired that most crews hated him for his wacky antics and on-set pranks...

phantom_power

No-one could be that good an actor to portray Andy Dwyer and not be a nice bloke. Plus his wife seems like a good egg as well

mothman

That's what I'm hoping. Plus his TOWIE impression on Graham Norton (with perfect accent) was enough to endear him to anyone.

Predictions for what's on the soundtrack? What obscure 70s track with be resurrected and have its 'Don't Stop Believing' moment in the sun?

Dr Rock

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on July 24, 2016, 07:59:31 AM
Predictions for what's on the soundtrack? What obscure 70s track with be resurrected and have its 'Don't Stop Believing' moment in the sun?

I bet Peter's Mum (mom) might've loved some of these.

Take It On The Run - REO Speedwagon
Trash - New York Dolls
Crazy Horses - Osmonds
Rocket Man - Elton John
Surrender - Cheap Trick
I Was Made For Loving You - KISS
The Night - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Campbell

Glebe

The Grauniad accuses Grauniads of mass genocide:

Guardians of the Galaxy tops list of deadliest films with 83,871 fatalities.

QuoteThe top 10 deadliest Hollywood movies

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – 83,871 on-screen deaths
2. Dracula Untold (2014) – 5,687
3. The Sum of All fears (2002) – 2,922
4. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003) - 2,798
5. 300: Rise of An Empire (2014) – 2,234
6. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) – 1,741
7. The Matrix Revolutions (2003) – 1,647
8. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) – 1,417
9. Braveheart (1995) – 1,297
10. The Avengers (2012) – 1,019

The Battle of Five Armies probably killed some real people with disappointment, too.

phantom_power

That is a stupid list. What about the end of Man of Steel? Or something like Deep Impact or Independence Day?

rue the polywhirl

Or the new Ghostbusters movie and the death of everyone's childhood!

Blumf

When Worlds Collide was in 1951, so about 2.5 billion

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was in 2005, so about 6.5 billion

(it's 7.4 billion currently, fuck!)

Operty1

What about The Force Awakens? That new Death Star was popping off entire fucking solar systems of people.

Glebe

Quote from: Operty1 on October 05, 2016, 12:54:47 AMWhat about The Force Awakens? That new Death Star was popping off entire fucking solar systems of people.

Yeah, two planets gone in a matter of seconds.

We demand a recount.