Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grauniads of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Started by Glebe, March 06, 2016, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Much of the Earth's population dies in This Is The End or any movie about the Rapture.

Bleeding Kansas

So if death isn't seen then it doesn't count/matter. I'm going to apply that logic to real life.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Out of sight. Out of mind. Out of air.

Glebe

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Sneak Peek.

Look's fun... and er, here it is in Russian, if you like. Drax suddenly transforms into Putin with that dub.

Glebe

Why Guardians Of The Galaxy Director James Gunn Just Offered One Marvel Fan $100,000.

QuoteTanin Moores If there is no Easter egg I will give you a hundred thousand dollars - copy this post - I will consider it a legally binding contract - signed, James Gunn

Gosh!

Kelvin

Wow, that's a really good trailer and it looks gorgeous. 

Glebe

The emphasis is definitely on carrying on all the fun and frolics, but I hope they're not trying too hard...

Baby Groot is going to sell lots of toys.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 04, 2016, 12:59:06 PM
Baby Groot is going to sell lots of toys.

At least they're backing the right horse this time. First time round they thought Rocket was going to be the star merch shifter

Gulftastic

At least they've not made Karen Gillan shave her head for this one.

brat-sampson

But... if pressing the button ends the universe... Why the fuck would 'taping it down' be a good measure?!? You can't tape a button 'up', that's not how tape or buttons work! Just make it a switch, and your joke works!! I'm not even going to question why the button exists in the first place, the concept of the bit is fine, but fuck sake, workshop that fucking tape section...

Bhazor

What's the point of casting Batista and then having every single one of his stunts done by CGI pixel Batista instead? The guy's job is literally stunt fighting. He spends 6 days a week lifting 300lb men over his head and jumping 20 feet head first onto tiny crash mats as thick as a match box. Yet still the director insisted on using a CGI stunt man for jumping a couple feet and an awkward cut to a stuntman when he gets punched.

I still more or less liked the first film though. A lot of bits I liked. So long as Star Lord wasn't on screen anyway. Every one else I liked but he was such a cut and dry Marvel hero [nb]subtype 2: [Iron Man derivative][/nb] that I can't even summon the energy to hate him. It did have all the same problems as all the other marvel films with the non cgi fight scenes being horribly edited and absolutely zero tension because its Marvel so you know everyone on screen has a five picture contract. Sure enough they couldn't even kill off the fucking CGI one line character. The one character with no contractual obligations and they still didn't have the balls to off him for good.

Oh and the new trailer looked bafflingly bad. Like a Family Guy skit. Only the plant guy would be a jew or a latino or Mr T or something.

Glebe

greenman

Quote from: Bhazor on December 05, 2016, 08:07:54 PM
What's the point of casting Batista and then having every single one of his stunts done by CGI pixel Batista instead? The guy's job is literally stunt fighting. He spends 6 days a week lifting 300lb men over his head and jumping 20 feet head first onto tiny crash mats as thick as a match box. Yet still the director insisted on using a CGI stunt man for jumping a couple feet and an awkward cut to a stuntman when he gets punched.

I still more or less liked the first film though. A lot of bits I liked. So long as Star Lord wasn't on screen anyway. Every one else I liked but he was such a cut and dry Marvel hero [nb]subtype 2: [Iron Man derivative][/nb] that I can't even summon the energy to hate him. It did have all the same problems as all the other marvel films with the non cgi fight scenes being horribly edited and absolutely zero tension because its Marvel so you know everyone on screen has a five picture contract. Sure enough they couldn't even kill off the fucking CGI one line character. The one character with no contractual obligations and they still didn't have the balls to off him for good.

Oh and the new trailer looked bafflingly bad. Like a Family Guy skit. Only the plant guy would be a jew or a latino or Mr T or something.

I'd say the original is probably close to as good as you'll get within the standard Marvel formula and Starlord did at least have the benefit of being a bit less smug audience wish fulfilment than is typical.

Very hard to tell much for sure from the trailer I'd say, seems like it might have shifted too much towards broad comedy but often as not that's a product of what those putting the trailer together think will sell best rather than the film as a whole.

Quote from: greenman on January 26, 2017, 03:55:22 PM
Starlord did at least have the benefit of being a bit less smug audience wish fulfilment than is typical.
Starlord, the '80s pop culture obsessed man child, who spends his time going on adventures and banging hot chicks. Yes, I see what you mean.

greenman

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 26, 2017, 04:35:22 PM
Starlord, the '80s pop culture obsessed man child, who spends his time going on adventures and banging hot chicks. Yes, I see what you mean.

Hence "a bit less" than Tony Stark who's a cocky billionaire playboy genius who listsens to ACDC but ends up having the piss taken out of his or losing confrontations much less often.

Glebe

Glebe

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Scores Extremely Rare 100 in Test Screening (Exclusive).

I'm sure there were a lot of over-excited fanboys (and girls) who were probably pumped just to see a test screening, but as they say, a 100% score is apparently very rare.

mothman

It's possible for excitement regarding a film to grow out of all proportion to its actuall quality - the 2002 Spider-man being my particular bete noire, er, case in point. So, we'll see. If its score turns out to be wholly unjustified, we'll then know for sure that Marvel have finally achieved their dream - a compliant, uncritical target audience who'll swallow anything they're fed. We won't know we've reached Peak Marvel Cinematic Universe until one of their sure-fire hits fails to perform at the box office.

Glebe

Sgt. Duckie

^ I like that. Has a touch of Garbage Pail Kids about it.

Glebe

samadriel