Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bands reunited

Started by Brian, October 24, 2004, 07:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Have any of you lot seen this show on VH1?  It's an incredibly interesting and touching show, even when they are featuring a band you think you don't like.
  It's generally 80s bands who split up for very silly reasons.  Kajagoogoo, Haircut 100, Frankie,
 Incidentaly, I am now of an age where I don't care what's cool anymore.  Never thought that would happen.  This show and the benefit of hindsight has got me thinking: "Actually Haircut 100 were bloody good".  They were.  They all were.

I saw the Frankie Goes To Hollywood and the Kajagoogoo ones, thought it was a great idea for a show and just wished they'd pick some genuinely good bands to do it to.

Like Mr. Bungle.

Brian

I guess the bands have to have split up 20 years ago for the dust to have settled.

Some Herbert

Quote from: "Brian"This show and the benefit of hindsight has got me thinking: "Actually Haircut 100 were bloody good".  They were.  They all were.

There's no shame in thinking that. I haven't seen the show, but I've always thought Haircut 100 were good, and Nick Heyward is underrated as a songwriter. There's a dirt cheap best-of compilation of their stuff on Camden records which is good, although for some reason (presumably to keep licensing costs down) they've stuck a rather good live version of Fantastic Day on the CD instead of the studio version.