Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Souls 3

Started by Shay Chaise, March 06, 2016, 07:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: falafel on February 05, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
Got this early as part of Humble Monthly, couldn't resist, and hopefully will get through it before DS1 comes out on Switch.

When you guys refer to the "first boss" are you talking about the guy you find kneeling quietly in the pond? Before the throne room? I'm only about 40 minutes in and he's the first boss-ish guy I've encountered. I'm a bit confused by people saying he was tricky because I just sort of ran in, hugged him close and panic-stabbed him until he fell over, and he only got one hit in. I would stress that I'mt not that good or Souls games and games in general. Is it just that he's tough as a tutorial boss and I've played too much of this (I guess around 140 hours for DS1 and DS2 combined) because he seemed way easier than the Asylum Demon or even stuff like the vagina dentata dragon thingy. Certainly a fuckload easier than that mantis bastard just before Blight Town. God it's been so long I can't even remember the name. You know, two or three big fuck off attack dogs and that big bastard in a tiny room where you just died and died and died. I would still find that a pain in the arse. I am dreading that part of the remastered edition, in fact.

So yeah, am I better than I thought I was, did I get lucky, or is it just a question of experience?

edit: oh my god, the pursuer fellow from DS2, surely he's better than that?

You know - in fact- I remember far, far more of DS2 than I do of DS1. Mainly DS 1 is asylum demon, vagina dentata, king rat, blight town frame rates, RNG chaos, fucking Azeroth stampy demons, rotating fire matroshkas, asylum demon again, big snake, four fucking bastard kings, irritating ghosts, and alright alright Sif and whatsisname with the round helmet and the sun obsession. DS2 is more to the forefront of my memory though, with the Irish woman, the greedy sorceress charlatan, the pirate nonsense, the bastille, that massive well, all those rats, the miserable king, the bonkers queen, the fire fella, the underground graveyard, the Giants. That ending was arse, mind you - not a patch on that sad old bastard Gwen? Glyn? Gareth?

Uh

I'd love you to start making Dark Souls lore videos.

falafel

It would be the Dark Souls of Summarised Proust.

falafel

Or the Summarised Proust of Dark Souls.

Too tipsy to care.

falafel

This lass definitely gets first prize:

falafel

Just to be clear, she's not a real woman and I'm gay

#metoo

Bhazor

I too would like a giant woman who would hold me like a baby and let me sleep under her boob shelf.

Miyazaki or someone on his also seems to have a Tarantinoesque foot fetish.

falafel

Finished it! Verdict: lots of grey and brown, bit of a rehash, lovely graphics but can't remember any of the areas all that well really, also it's a minor note but weren't all the bosses men, wish I'd played Sekiro instead.

Fishfinger

Quote from: falafel on October 14, 2020, 08:20:36 AM
it's a minor note but weren't all the bosses men

I believe the Dancer of the Boreal Valley is female, and in the dlc you have
Spoiler alert
Sister Friede
[close]

Thursday

"It would have been better if you had to kill more women" - falafel

Jerzy Bondov

The Dancer is a cool boss. I wore her armour for most of the late game. Other bosses who could be lassies:

• evil tree
  • dragon

Kelvin

There's also enemies like the Wells of Flesh and Titted Merman.   

falafel

I suppose a fair number were androgynous. Dancer was great, appropriately lovely swoopy movement
Not sure why I decided to look for DS for gender diversity.

Thursday

Bloodborne is the one with more female characters, plus all these themes of pregnancy and birth.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Kelvin on October 14, 2020, 01:09:01 PM
There's also enemies like the Wells of Flesh and Titted Merman.

I laughed.

Cuellar

I feel like there are more female bosses in Dark Souls, and I could think about it for a bit and work it out but I can't be bothered so I'll just go with 'I feel'

Quelaag
Gwyndolin (trans)
The one with the scythe

Some others

Thursday

Bed of Chaos is female. There's some where it's hard to really say, we just tend to assume Male because they don't have female signifiers. But who knows with the moonlight butterfly for example.

falafel

Yes, I remember more balance in DS1 and then somewhat diminished in DS2.

Thursday

Possibly sticks out more because there is a lot more "Lad in Armour" bosses and less monsters.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Thursday on October 19, 2020, 11:07:45 AM
Bed of Chaos is female. There's some where it's hard to really say, we just tend to assume Male because they don't have female signifiers. But who knows with the moonlight butterfly for example.

Aye, Its the witch of Izalith innit?

Thursday

druss

Quote from: Thursday on October 19, 2020, 11:07:45 AM
Moonlight butterfly has got to be a bird. I reckon at least one of the dragons as well, I'm going for gaping female.

Anyway, just completed this. Didn't really like the smoother movement with regards to gameplay, prefer the clunkiness and slowness of the first two.

Couldn't be arsed exploring it towards the end either, just wanted it completed for the sake of completing it. Left me a bit cold to be honest, particularly all the rehashed characters and areas from the first game.

Thursday

Quote from: druss on March 30, 2021, 06:25:33 PM
Moonlight butterfly has got to be a bird.

No it's a butterfly.

druss

Quote from: druss on March 30, 2021, 06:25:33 PMMoonlight butterfly has got to be a bird. I reckon at least one of the dragons as well, I'm going for gaping female.

Anyway, just completed this. Didn't really like the smoother movement with regards to gameplay, prefer the clunkiness and slowness of the first two.

Couldn't be arsed exploring it towards the end either, just wanted it completed for the sake of completing it. Left me a bit cold to be honest, particularly all the rehashed characters and areas from the first game.

Decided to give it another spin with Elder Ring on the horizon and I'm enjoying it much more this time. I think I was in quite a rush to complete it the first time and whilst the rehashed areas were grating, I've not go to them yet. Loving exploring the fuck out of High Wall of Lothric and Undead Settlement, staggering how much I missed the first time round.