Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Random scraps of movie news/rumours/trivia!

Started by Glebe, March 08, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Glebe

An update on Scorsese's Silence...

Quote"This is Marty's best movie," Silence producer Irwin Winkler told me when I ran into him at the Motion Picture Television Fund's 95th anniversary event

Cripes, let's hope it lives up to that.

QuoteWhen we spoke, Winkler said it has been tightened currently to 2 hours and 39 minutes.

Thaz a decent length, so it is.

Will Ava DuVernay's '13th' Become the First Documentary to Land a Best Picture Oscar Nomination?

It look's interesting.

Smithsonian launches Kickstarter campaign for Dorothy's ruby slippers.

What a world!

UPDATED: 'Back to the Future' Fan Celebration Is Coming The Real Twin Pines Mall In 2017.

QuoteUPDATE: The creators of this event have reached out to let us know that this event has been postponed until 2017. The even'ts spokesperson said:

"We want to make this event the best it can be in order to not taint the BTTF brand at all, and things were not coming together to make that possible, so we made the tough, but necessary, decision to postpone the event."

Head Gardener

expect nothing less if you take 12 year olds to a horror movie poster gallery

Glebe

Michael Massee, 'The Crow' Actor Who Accidentally Shot Brandon Lee, Dies at 61.

QuoteThe actor, who has almost 80 film and television credits, is also known for his role as the man at the massage parlor in David Fincher's 1995 thriller "Seven." He worked with the director again in 1997 on "The Game." His other film credits include "Lost Highway" (1997), "Catwoman" (2004), "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012), and "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" (2014), in which he portrayed Gustav Fiers — aka The Gentleman.

His face is certainly familiar.

'The market is dead': Schlock director Uwe Boll's Rampage of terrible films is finished.

I have never seen an Uwe Boll film.

Mel Gibson Has an Hour of Footage From 'Braveheart' That's Never Been Seen.

I've actually never seen Braveheart.

Shane Black on How Trailers Influence His Storytelling, 'Iron Man 3' and 'The Predator'.

MondoCon 2016 in Review: Beautiful Art, An Interview With Mondo's Justin Brookhart, and the 5 Best Posters From the Con.

Nice...

Sam

Sean Connery has died on an ape.

Phil Neville to direct his 4 film adaptation of Finnegan's Wake.

Bradley Cooper guilty of using his cousin as a sled.

Martin Scorsese 'I still have footage of a donkey I've been having a right go at'.

Sam Mendes to open 37 cheeseburger kiosks in Hampshire by 2022.

Mel Gibson recording of him carting kiwis across a forecourt released. Ex wife claims he showed no knowledge or interest in fruit throughout their relations.

Glebe

Glebe

Bad Ambassador

Glebe

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 14, 2016, 11:58:22 AMWasn't this already common knowledge? It's definitely mentioned on the DVD.

Weird... I enjoyed delving into the extras/commentary on the 4-disc edition when it came out, I can't remember this.

Anyhoo, couple of scraps... Miyazaki fans rejoice!:

Hayao Miyazaki Plans One Last Anime Feature.

'The Girl in the Spider's Web' Will Be a 'Dragon Tattoo' Sequel, Says Writer Steven Knight.

I haven't read TGITSW, actually.

Glebe

The Goonies 2 Probably Won't Ever Happen, According To One Original Member.

QuoteI wish I had an answer for you, but I can tell you that I really wouldn't expect it. It's been teased for decades and I don't think it's going to happen. At least, as far as I know. I think [director] Dick Donner, who is a brilliantly funny man, likes to torture us all with the prospect. I believe it's his revenge for having been tortured by all of us for 6 months in 1984.

The First Ever Floating Comic-Con sets sail in January and we've got your first look the full schedule!

Goodness gracious me.

Shaky

When Tarantino retires in the near future he should move into some sort of Aged Care Facility. Do the whole thing properly. Werthers Originals, cardigan, faint but lingering smell of piss - the lot.

Head Gardener

Glebe

Joseph Mascolo Dies: Villainous Stefano DiMera On 'Days Of Our Lives' Was 87.

Big, long Esquire interview with Tom Hardy.

Paramount Sets 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel To Open Sundance Film Festival.

I still haven't seen An Inconvenient Truth, actually.

Peter, Paul & Mary Tune 'Puff The Magic Dragon' In Fox Deal With 'Troll's Helmer Mike Mitchell.

Presumably not gonna be like this.

Exclusive: Sigourney Weaver Talks Avatar Sequels Development.

'Jurassic World 2' Director on Adding More Animatronics to Sequel: They "Bring Soul and Reality".

QuoteBefore the screening at AMC Lincoln Square, A Monster Calls star Sigourney Weaver commented on Fox's winter 2018 date for an untitled James Cameron film, which is suspected to be the release of an Avatar sequel. "We haven't started it, so I don't know how realistic that date is, but I think it's going to be very exciting," she told THR. "I've read three of the four [sequel's scripts,] and they're even more extraordinary than the first one."

Michael Shannon on 'Frank & Lola' and Guillermo del Toro's 'The Shape of Water'.

QuoteWhat attracted you to The Shape of Water?

SHANNON: I just met with (director) Guillermo del Toro out in L.A., and he told me he'd written the script with me and some other people in mind, that it was his dream project, and that he couldn't think of anything else, except for doing that movie. That was before I'd even read it, but he was very convincing, personally. I respect him, as an artist, so I assumed that it wasn't going to be terrible. And then, I got the script and it was really exciting. It was a very hard shoot. We were all exhausted. But, I think we might have something really interesting.

Guillermo del Toro is so passionate about filmmaking and it's so infectious to hear him talk about his love for it. What was it like to work with him?

SHANNON: It's unfathomable, how he does it. He would be the first to admit that he's not in the greatest shape, physically, but that guy can go and go and go. I think he's really riding on that sense of passion for films, and particularly the film he's making at that particular time. I feel that way about all of the great directors I've worked with. [Martin] Scorsese was like that. He could shoot for 20 hours straight without blinking an eye. I think they're just that passionate about what they're doing.

Head Gardener

Blumf

"Robin Hood: Origins"? Fucks sake! I mean, I could stand a story about his pre-hood'ing days just fine, but that title. Fucking hell!

Glebe

The Epidemic of Passable Movies.

There's an awful lot of shit out there.

How the screens inside movies build fictional worlds.

Wow, lot of work goes into that kinda thing...

Why George Romero's 'Resident Evil' Film Failed to Launch.

Instead we got Paul W.S. Anderson's crappy, bloodless flick, followed by a load of sequels you couldn't be arsed with.