Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Random scraps of movie news/rumours/trivia!

Started by Glebe, March 08, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Head Gardener

olliebean

Quote from: Glebe on August 21, 2017, 07:15:15 PMApple is in Discussions to Offer $50 Home Movie Rentals of Big Theatrical Releases [Updated].

Cripes.

That price is heavily biased towards people with large families. There's no way me on my own, or even me and my housemate between us, are going to stump up nearly 40 quid to watch a film at home, especially when we could have seen it at the cinema a couple of weeks earlier for half the price (quarter of the price with a Meerkat 2-for-1 deal).

Glebe

Thomas Meehan, Tony-Winning Writer of Annie, Dies at 88.

I have to admit I was not familiar with this guy, but I reckon it's newsworthy, so...

Fritz Lang's METROPOLIS 90th Anniversary Trailer.

I had the short version on a free-with-newspaper DVD, but I never watched it. Would be a treat to see it on the big screen, although you'd be in for a long evening...

mothman

Calling a series of English-language Larsson films a franchise seems a bit of a stretch, given at this rate it's going to end up as patchy and disjointed as the Jack Ryan "franchise" (five films, four directors, four different lead actors, two actual reboots, and wildly different in terms of look and tone, all over the space of a quarter of a century).

Steven

Tragedy Girls

Looks like Heathers for the Twitter generation.

Downsizing

Alexander Payne's new one about people shrinking themselves to a tiny size in order to accrue more material wealth.

Lore

Podcast spin-off anthology thing examining supposedly real-life Horror stories. From the trailer I can guess one of them is about that Irish bloke who suspected his wife had been replaced by a Changeling so killed her by shoving her head into the fireplace. Ah yes, 'the last Witch burned alive'.

The Commuter

Supposedly Liam Neeson's last action film, looks a bit more interestin than the usual Taken bollocks.

Head Gardener

Glebe

Simon Pegg says Shaun of the Dead sequel ideas were 'just pub talk'.

Feel a bit sheepish posting this, since I still haven't seen this (though oddly enough I've seen both Hot Fuzz (several times thanks, ITV4!) and The World's End).

Glebe

Roy Dotrice obituary.

Rather ashamed to say that I can only recall him as King Balor in Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

Guillermo del Toro on the Late Federico Luppi: 'He [Was] the Most Human Presence Onscreen Ever'.

I definitely need to give The Devil's Backbone another watch.

Brent Briscoe, 'Twin Peaks' and 'Parks and Recreation' Actor, Dies at 56.

Quiet a memorable turn in A Simple Plan.

Meanwhile... ooh, look!:

Steven

Quirky comedy Pottersville.

Terrific cast!

Voyeur

Netflix documentary about a hotel owner who spied on his guests.

Ghost Stories

Andy Nyman and Martin Freeman in a 3 part horror anthology linked by an investigator.

Case #1
Case #2
Case #3

Dex Sawash

Trailer for Tomb Raider (2018) plays while I glance between CaB and the new Lara Croft.
Noticed new Lara is a different body type.

<Voiceover> blah blah backstory
<lady behind me heckles> backstory of how Lara got her tits!

Steven

A movie compilation of YouTube dashcam disaster clips? I'm in.

The Road Movie

Serge

Quote from: Steven on November 19, 2017, 12:05:57 PM
A movie compilation of YouTube dashcam disaster clips? I'm in.

The Road Movie

Hang on, so they want me to pay to go and watch the clips that they use to pad out episodes of Road Wars when they're running slightly short?

Steven

Quote from: Serge on November 19, 2017, 03:23:07 PM
Hang on, so they want me to pay to go and watch the clips that they use to pad out episodes of Road Wars when they're running slightly short?

They're not exclusively Russian dash cam clips though, are they?

IN SOVIET RUSSIA DISASTER CLIPS WATCH YOU!

Serge

My favourite was when they showed a bunch of dangerous driving clips from Japan, and Lee Boardman referred to one perp as "this Teriyaki toerag...."

Head Gardener

Glebe

How Cheech And Chong Almost Ended Up In A Friday The 13th Sequel.

Quote[Frank Mancuso Jr.] wanted me to do another film after we did Jason. And I said, 'What are you thinking? I don't know what it could be now.' And he said, 'Well, what do you think about Freddy (Krueger) and Jason?' And I go, 'But Freddy's at New Line and the guys at Paramount have [Jason].' And it's like, 'Well, we're going to try and see if we can work something out.' So, I started thinking about that, going, It doesn't make sense. I mean he lives in one realm and --- you know, I take this stuff very seriously, what realm a monster's supposed to stay in. And he came back, he goes, 'Eh, forget it, it's not going to work anyway.' And I said, 'You know what? You guys own Cheech and Chong. What if we do Cheech and Chong-meets-Jason? They're like camp counselors or something. It's like, 'Hey, man, I saw Jason out there.' 'No, man, that's a myth.' But he said, 'You know what? No.'

Wow, man!

phantom_power

This could be the best film ever made (or utter nonsense, depending on the execution):

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/05/do-they-know-its-murder-bob-geldof-detective-band-aid

Coherence was really good so I have high hopes

JoeyBananaduck

That Jamie-Lee/Myers photo Glebe posted is top notch. Really like that.

buzby

Quote from: Steven on November 19, 2017, 03:57:37 PM
They're not exclusively Russian dash cam clips though, are they?

IN SOVIET RUSSIA DISASTER CLIPS WATCH YOU!
They are all Russian dashcam clips on Channel 5's Car Crash TV. I imagine the UK release of the film  won't have Chris Barrie providing a 'humourous' voiceover though.

popcorn